Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 02:41 PM

63,826 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And what you're trying to do is interpret it with YOUR IDEA of how the fruit functions, which is really eating from the "good" part of the tree of good and evil. Which is why the cross looks evil to you ONLY, yet He says it's foolishness to them that perish, and He spoiled principalities and powers with it, who ALSO didn't know what it was for, else they would not have crucified Him.
But the cross is not foolishness to me. It was inevitable in that era. What is foolishness is the interpretation that it was a blood sacrifice to appease God when it was merely the ignorance (they did not know what they did) of our ancestors who thought they were doing God's work in removing a blasphemer and false prophet.
Quote:
Since the Spirit is not divided, then what side does that put you on? Seems to me you align yourself with the principalities and powers, and call that "good". Which underscores my point that you think you can interpret by YOUR MIND'S understanding of what the fruit is, what LOOKS good. Well, guess what; you're doing EXACTLY what Eve did in the garden, and they STILL DIED from it. Peace
The whole point of learning to distinguish between good and evil is so that we will choose the good over the evil. You pretend that we cannot tell the difference and so you accept evil as good and consider good evil based on the words of people who were far less knowledgeable. That is a very dangerous path, IMO. I will always choose the good over evil and I have the descriptions and example of Jesus as my standard of good and truth to guide me.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:50 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,048,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But the cross is not foolishness to me. It was inevitable in that era. What is foolishness is the interpretation that it was a blood sacrifice to appease God when it was merely the ignorance (they did not know what they did) of our ancestors who thought they were doing God's work in removing a blasphemer and false prophet.
The whole point of learning to distinguish between good and evil is so that we will choose the good over the evil. You pretend that we cannot tell the difference and so you accept evil as good and consider good evil based on the words of people who were far less knowledgeable. That is a very dangerous path, IMO. I will always choose the good over evil and I have the descriptions and example of Jesus as my standard of good and truth to guide me.

You missed my entire point, as I just proved YOU DON'T have the capacity to choose what is truly "good". No one does, except the Spirit. Peace

Old 05-25-2017, 04:00 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
You missed my entire point, as I just proved YOU DON'T have the capacity to choose what is truly "good". No one does, except the Spirit. Peace
so no one will ever be able to choose Christ?

Or are you saying even Christ is truly good?

Old 05-25-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
The WRITTEN WORD is the objective standard. Peace
So the spoken word is meaningless?

Old 05-25-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Those that have the Spirit, know His voice, know the voice of the Spirit, ie. My sheep hear My voice. Peace
so you are saying the bible is worthless?

Old 05-25-2017, 04:59 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Made me laugh!!!!
I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude....but I came here after a great day...and find so many Words...words words words...and just want to say...relax and feel the love, already.
Enjoy and be happy!!!! Yay!

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 05-25-2017 at 05:07 PM..

Old 05-25-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
This is just silly. If we do NOT have the ability to distinguish between good and evil what is the point of learning anything? Your view dismisses all human accountability for anything because we are incompetent to choose what is good. How on earth could that make any sense to anyone. What are we, robots or mindless zombies????

Old 05-25-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Why are you instigating by asking me questions you already know the answer to? How many times have I said they both witness each other? Peace

Old 05-25-2017, 05:05 PM

Ok Mystic....this is what I said.....how can I make it clearer to you what I mean? Which part are you not getting?

And what you're trying to do is interpret it with YOUR IDEA of how the fruit functions, which is really eating from the "good" part of the tree of good and evil. Which is why the cross looks evil to you ONLY, yet He says it's foolishness to them that perish, and He spoiled principalities and powers with it, who ALSO didn't know what it was for, else they would not have crucified Him.

Since the Spirit is not divided, then what side does that put you on? Seems to me you align yourself with the principalities and powers, and call that "good". Which underscores my point that you think you can interpret by YOUR MIND'S understanding of what the fruit is, what LOOKS good. Well, guess what; you're doing EXACTLY what Eve did in the garden, and they STILL DIED from it.

Old 05-26-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is just silly. If we do NOT have the ability to distinguish between good and evil what is the point of learning anything? Your view dismisses all human accountability for anything because we are incompetent to choose what is good. How on earth could that make any sense to anyone. What are we, robots or mindless zombies????
Quote:
Ok Mystic....this is what I said.....how can I make it clearer to you what I mean? Which part are you not getting?
I am not getting the part where WE have no ability to choose good from evil. That is just preposterous. It eliminates ANY point to our lives and negates learning anything to help us better distinguish good from evil. That has to be the entire point of our existence or there is no point to our existence.
Quote:
The only thing about the cross that looks evil to me is your interpretation of God's involvement and motives for it. The scourging and crucifixion were ENTIRELY the results of HUMAN evil and ignorance about God and what He wants from us. They thought they were doing God's work by killing this blasphemer and false prophet, period.
Quote:
Since the Spirit is not divided, then what side does that put you on? Seems to me you align yourself with the principalities and powers, and call that "good". Which underscores my point that you think you can interpret by YOUR MIND'S understanding of what the fruit is, what LOOKS good. Well, guess what; you're doing EXACTLY what Eve did in the garden, and they STILL DIED from it.
You are the one who needs to answer the question about which side you are on because you occupy both the good and the evil sides by refusing to discriminate or test the spirit of anything written against the Holy Spirit of agape. You call evil good and good evil by refusing to discriminate using the ONLY standard of truth revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus - agape love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality