Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2017, 03:49 PM

50,089 posts, read 20,809,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Made me laugh!!!!
I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude....but I came here after a great day...and find so many Words...words words words...and just want to say...relax and feel the love, already.
Enjoy and be happy!!!! Yay!
I'm certainly enjoying the exchange.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:19 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,061,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am not getting the part where WE have no ability to choose good from evil. That is just preposterous. It eliminates ANY point to our lives and negates learning anything to help us better distinguish good from evil. That has to be the entire point of our existence or there is no point to our existence. The only thing about the cross that looks evil to me is your interpretation of God's involvement and motives for it. The scourging and crucifixion were ENTIRELY the results of HUMAN evil and ignorance about God and what He wants from us. They thought they were doing God's work by killing this blasphemer and false prophet, period. You are the one who needs to answer the question about which side you are on because you occupy both the good and the evil sides by refusing to discriminate or test the spirit of anything written against the Holy Spirit of agape. You call evil good and good evil by refusing to discriminate using the ONLY standard of truth revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus - agape love.

Ok, for instance.... No greater love has any man than he lay down his life for his friends. Would you say that's good? I think you would agree it's good.

If so, why wasn't it good for Jesus to do it? Why wasn't it good for G-d to predestinate it since it was prophesied in the OT what would happen? why wasn't it good for G-d to say that the cross is foolishness to those that perish, knowing that no greater love part was also good, since He testified He laid down His life, no man took it?

So then if the former statement is true, then why are the latter statements not "good"?

The motive of the heart of those doing the crucifying in no way changes the motive of G-d's heart or Jesus's heart, in no way makes what happened, NOT good, as far as a pure motive goes from Those who foretold and walked it.

So NO, you have proven you can't choose what is good CONSISTANTLY apart from His Word telling you what is good. Because His ways are not our ways, His ways are much higher than our ways, regardless of what the APPEARANCE REALM of the carnal mind tries to tell you.

Eve ate of the FRUIT because it looked GOOD (pleasant) to her, disregarding what G-d said was good. We are to contrast this with Daniel who said he would eat no PLEASANT bread because it violated what G-d said was good (food sacrificed to idols). Peace

Old 05-26-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I'm certainly enjoying the exchange.

So am I. Nothing like friction to produce new life. Peace

Old 05-26-2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
So am I. Nothing like friction to produce new life. Peace
In my experience, friction just produces heat. For new life I'm rooting for a pipette and perie -dish.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
In my experience, friction just produces heat. For new life I'm rooting for a pipette and perie -dish.

What? You got no kids? Peace

Old 05-26-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
What? You got no kids? Peace
For others, I mean

Old 05-26-2017, 11:27 PM

63,947 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
I am not getting the part where WE have no ability to choose good from evil. That is just preposterous. It eliminates ANY point to our lives and negates learning anything to help us better distinguish good from evil. That has to be the entire point of our existence or there is no point to our existence. The only thing about the cross that looks evil to me is your interpretation of God's involvement and motives for it. The scourging and crucifixion were ENTIRELY the results of HUMAN evil and ignorance about God and what He wants from us. They thought they were doing God's work by killing this blasphemer and false prophet, period. You are the one who needs to answer the question about which side you are on because you occupy both the good and the evil sides by refusing to discriminate or test the spirit of anything written against the Holy Spirit of agape. You call evil good and good evil by refusing to discriminate using the ONLY standard of truth revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus - agape love.
Quote:
Ok, for instance.... No greater love has any man than he lay down his life for his friends. Would you say that's good? I think you would agree it's good.
If so, why wasn't it good for Jesus to do it? Why wasn't it good for G-d to predestinate it since it was prophesied in the OT what would happen? why wasn't it good for G-d to say that the cross is foolishness to those that perish, knowing that no greater love part was also good, since He testified He laid down His life, no man took it?
So then if the former statement is true, then why are the latter statements not "good"?
The motive of the heart of those doing the crucifying in no way changes the motive of G-d's heart or Jesus's heart, in no way makes what happened, NOT good, as far as a pure motive goes from Those who foretold and walked it.
Why are you ignoring my points and asking silly questions? You assert that we cannot distinguish between good and evil which leaves us devoid of responsibility for anything. That is preposterous. What Jesus did is NOT in question. Of course, His motive in succumbing to our ancestors' brutality to demonstrate perfect agape love was Good, as was forgiving His torturers and murderers because they knew not what they did (ignorant). It has nothing to do with God predestinating anything. The evil is pretending that God REQUIRED it to appease His wrath and spare the rest of us from some ridiculous Hell of eternal torment for our sins. That is also preposterous. The Good of Christ's sacrifice to our ancestors' brutality is that Jesus did what none of us as humans COULD do and that is what made our failures (sins) irrelevant. HIs human achievement did what some human needed to achieve and took the rest of us off the hook.
Quote:
So NO, you have proven you can't choose what is good CONSISTANTLY apart from His Word telling you what is good. Because His ways are not our ways, His ways are much higher than our ways, regardless of what the APPEARANCE REALM of the carnal mind tries to tell you.
Absurd excuses for the contradictions and inconsistencies in your rationale. If you cannot see that REQUIRING an innocent blood sacrifice to appease God's wrath is an evil idea, as is a Hell of eternal torment, then your Good/Evil meter is completely broken.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Why are you ignoring my points and asking silly questions? You assert that we cannot distinguish between good and evil which leaves us devoid of responsibility for anything. That is preposterous. What Jesus did is NOT in question. Of course, His motive in succumbing to our ancestors' brutality to demonstrate perfect agape love was Good, as was forgiving His torturers and murderers because they knew not what they did (ignorant). It has nothing to do with God predestinating anything. The evil is pretending that God REQUIRED it to appease His wrath and spare the rest of us from some ridiculous Hell of eternal torment for our sins. That is also preposterous. The Good of Christ's sacrifice to our ancestors' brutality is that Jesus did what none of us as humans COULD do and that is what made our failures (sins) irrelevant. HIs human achievement did what some human needed to achieve and took the rest of us off the hook. Absurd excuses for the contradictions and inconsistencies in your rationale. If you cannot see that REQUIRING an innocent blood sacrifice to appease God's wrath is an evil idea, as is a Hell of eternal torment, then your Good/Evil meter is completely broken.

Why are you ignoring mine? Are they silly questions because you have no answer for them? And at what point have I EVER said anything about hell? Produce one post, just one.

And... I said you can't do it with CONSISTANCY, because you don't have any idea what good is, anymore than Eve did, who also used the APPEARANCE realm to determine good. And equally so, man had no idea what evil/sin was until G-d told him. This should be obvious. Peace

Old 05-27-2017, 07:53 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,950,316 times
Quote:
Why are you ignoring mine? Are they silly questions because you have no answer for them? And at what point have I EVER said anything about hell? Produce one post, just one.

And... I said you can't do it with CONSISTANCY, because you don't have any idea what good is, anymore than Eve did, who also used the APPEARANCE realm to determine good. And equally so, man had no idea what evil/sin was until G-d told him. This should be obvious. Peace
And THIS is why you do not understand the New Covenant: you think that good and evil are about a bunch of arbitrary rules in the mind of God rather than the principle He gave us in the life and ministry of Jesus.

Adam and Eve at least grew up to adulthood and left the childish patterns behind.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:55 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
I love that 2000+ year old manna, because I feast on fresh hidden manna as the Spirit reveals it, every day. His children never go begging for bread. Peace
Manna comes from above not the bible . Namaste
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality