Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2017, 10:53 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,353,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I challenge that statement: "Adam and Eve were the first human on earth and from them we were born".

Science has 'identified' our mitochondrial ancestral Adam and our ancestral Eve but these two did not live at the same time or place, nor were they the only humans around at the time. They are merely a common ancestor to most modern humans.

We also know that modern humans have been around for way more than 6 000 years. Before modern humans there were our ancient ancestors who evolved from early ancestors who evolved from even earlier ancestors until we get to the common ancestors of humans, chimpanzees and gorillas. Let's not forget Neanderthals who are recent and not "human" but still form part of our ancestry. Even if it is only something like 5 to 10 %, depending of how much Neanderthal we have in us.

P.S. (I). I thought Gobekli Tepe was only 10 000 years old. I assume the dating has been updated. Fascinating! And that would not represent the oldest modern human civilization. We were around before then.

P.S. (II). If the biblical flood had actually occurred then the mitochondrial Adam and Eve would have dated that event.
Gobekli Tepe is generally dated at 10,000 BCE (before common era). You have to remember to add on the 2,000 years of common era (AD).

My point to truth_teller is that Gobekli Tepe was built 6,000 years before he says the first humans existed. The stone heads at Gobekli Tepe look mighty human. To be a truth teller implies that one must first know what they are talking about. Making "stuff" up and declaring it to be true doesn't really count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

Look who is trying to avoid the question. Here it comes again

If you ask an evidence of god from someone who happens to be a Hindu, and he points you to a decorated statue in temple, would you start believing in Hindu god? Obviously, the tangible evidence is in front of you.
Please answer. Would you become a believer in Hinduism?
Here's a point to consider. Ancient superstitious nonsense is ancient superstitious nonsense. It doesn't really matter what part of the world it originated in. The ancients had no clue about how the universe worked. So they made stuff up.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:18 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,997,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Hard to believe anything a proud professed sinner has to say.
Sinners can and do know truth. Hard to believe some think speculation is scientific evidence.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Without Christian special pleading and majik, what was yahwe's mommy.

And her mommy, and her mommy.....
God is eternal. If you want to believe matter, energy and life is eternal, be my guest. If that is you theology, you also need to explain how order evolved out of randomness.

Both concepts are based on faith alone, although I do have a written record, but your theology takes more faith than mine does.

What was the mommy of the first life, and its mommy. You don' t eve know what he second life was, but that doesn't keep you from guessing and calling it science.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Sinners can and do know truth. Hard to believe some think speculation is scientific evidence.
You were sitting at a working computer when you wrote those words. THAT is scientific evidence. All of modern WORKING technology is evidence that the science that allows for it to work is valid. Science is not a theology. But that fact that the working technology it produces actually WORKS, does allow for a bit of faith, I suppose. What does Christianity have to offer? A 2,000 year old empty claim!

And you have it backwards. Randomness evolved out of perfect order. The big bang represented perfect order. The universe has been becoming more and more random ever since. Random change allows for things like life to occur.

Last edited by Tired of the Nonsense; 08-01-2017 at 11:38 AM..

Old 08-01-2017, 11:33 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,944,262 times
Quote:
People are NOT "sinners". That's a Biblical label. People do right and wrong. Right helps people and wrong hurts people. Sometimes it works just the opposite, which is where the expression, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" came from. Right and wrong are social constructions; they have nothing to do with religion. But religions took this social construction labeled "objective morality" and applied it to people for their own devious purposes i.e. "Ohh, you're a sinner. You need Jesus."

Old 08-01-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Why don't you give your challenge to Hindus?

You'd need more than a magic wand to validate what YOU say - not that you are even trying. You are doing the old Eusebian ploy of not validating anything you claim or answering ANY questions anyone puts but demanding that everyone answers your questions, which are based on misunderstanding ort misrepresentation anyway.
I can't validate what I believe. Spiritual truth are not provable. You can't validate what you believe.

Quote:
There is no Discussion here, just rhetorical wriggling to try to score pointless points. And you will of course end up by (as the atheist simile of playing chess with a pigeon) strew the pieces on the floor and fly away chirping "I win".
A post like that and you accuse me of rhetorical wriggling. Amusing. Do you really not know that this game can't be won?

Quote:
You haven't answered the question on the Gap (only an evasion) nor addressed the contradictions, nor in fact done anything worthwhile.
I have answered it twice, but you seem not to have a reading comprehension level high enough to understand it. I will do it again slowly this time: I REJECT THE GAP THEORY BECAUSE IT IS NOT BIBLICAL.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The cowardly side-stepping of an empty shell.

You got nothin'.

When you can't compete in the arena of ideas, resort to insults, but they only convince the ignorant.

I have a written record and science; you have speculation and a vivid imagination.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/d...6bHu2jJnT8.png

Now can you tell us what you think the first life was and how you know it.
Even if that guess is right, it still doesn't explain how it originated. First life was plant life. I know it the same way you know what you consider was first life---faith alone.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I can't validate what I believe. Spiritual truth are not provable. You can't validate what you believe.

A post like that and you accuse me of rhetorical wriggling. Amusing. Do you really not know that this game can't be won?

I have answered it twice, but you seem not to have a reading comprehension level high enough to understand it. I will do it again slowly this time: I REJECT THE GAP THEORY BECAUSE IT IS NOT BIBLICAL.
"I can't validate what I believe. Spiritual truth are not provable. You can't validate what you believe."

You keep saying this, even though it is demonstratively FALSE. If it can be said that I believe anything, it is that the universe works within a set of principles that can be understood and utilized for our own purposes. Working technology is hard evidence that the science behind the working technology is valid. Make it up and declare it to be true "spiritual truth" is simply make believe. You subscribe to the ancient superstitious make believe of ancient superstitious people who had no other way of understanding their existence than to make "stuff" up and declare it to be true. But we are in the 21st century now. We have actual knowledge concerning the way the universe operates. We don't have to make "stuff" up anymore. And it is time to let the old made up "stuff" go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality