Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2017, 07:01 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times

Advertisements

I'm always thinking of those wonderful people, the browsers and lurkers who are looking in, perhaps with some questions of their own and looking to our arguments to see who has the best case. I am hoping even Muslims might be looking in with some doubts and wondering whether those Quranic truth claims are really valid.

Half the time, I am not posting for the poster at all, but to those who hopefully keep my hits up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 08:31 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times
That's why I salute you.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:01 AM

2,781 posts, read 2,675,145 times
On the day when the wrong-doer gnaweth his hands, he will say: Ah, would that I had chosen a way together with the messenger (of Allah)! Alas for me! Ah, would that I had never taken such an one for friend! He verily led me astray from the Reminder after it had reached me. Satan was ever man's deserter in the hour of need.

Old 09-07-2017, 05:45 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
On the day when the wrong-doer gnaweth his hands, he will say: Ah, would that I had chosen a way together with the messenger (of Allah)! Alas for me! Ah, would that I had never taken such an one for friend! He verily led me astray from the Reminder after it had reached me. Satan was ever man's deserter in the hour of need.
more like "see, we told ya so."

Old 09-07-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Which day is that, old son? I'll note it on the calendar. And if I turn out to be wrong, well, then I'll put up my hands abnd explain how I came to my conclusions. I'm sure that the compassionate and merciful god you worship wiil unerstand that I had to use the brain he gave me rather than deny evidence and rely on faith.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:45 PM

11,033 posts, read 5,995,283 times
I'm assuming the Qu'ran does not mention evolution or nuclear reactions fueling the sun and the stars?

Old 09-08-2017, 07:38 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,567,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I'm assuming the Qu'ran does not mention evolution or nuclear reactions fueling the sun and the stars?
Nor American Indians, or the Antarctic, or a million other things which really would be "evidence." Or anything else that a charismatic leader and story teller with delusions about who he was and living in 6th century Arabia could know, rather than just make up.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I'm sure it could if you dig around and go translation -shopping.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:05 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,327,286 times
Quote:
LOL @ the term "wrong-doer."

I laugh because I know precisely what you're referring to with that terminology.

A "wrong-doer" does not mean murderers, rapists, pedophiles, thieves, and the like.

No, "wrong-doer" is anyone who refuses to join your cult, worship meteorites, and touch their noses to the ground five times per day in the direction of Mecca.

This is one of the big reasons why I reject all of the Abrahamic faiths -- we're supposed to believe that a good and loving god would base his entire religion on threats, coercion, extortion, and forced conformity. That is the modus operendi of a mafia boss, NOT a moral and sane god.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:39 AM

Nice to see you, Shirina.

Yes - the overlooking of the common good side of humanity as a yardstick and instead the harping on belief, conformity and the abrogation of individual dissent as the greatest good is what I dislike about religion, and while I dislike it particularly in Christianity I detest it (I will not conceal it) in the form of the Muslim religion.

At it's best in Medieval Baghdad, it was the intellectual centre of the world. It is the teacher of the west. And then it was all swept away in a wave of Fundamentalism and that is threatened with being swept away in a wave of fanaticism.

I would love to hear from the supposed Other wave of undercurrent humanists, irreligious muslims and even Atheists -from -Islam. so far we are only getting input from the Not -listening reciters of Quran text.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality