Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2017, 07:24 PM

1,220 posts, read 988,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Thank you for that. I don't often laugh out loud.
Hey...pull my finger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 07:37 PM

50,987 posts, read 24,476,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Hey...pull my finger.
Is that type of vulgarity really needed in a forum about faith and spirituality?

Old 12-03-2017, 08:00 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,608,501 times
Quote:
No my friend, I only read that menu item.
I'm sure it tasted like honey in your mouth...so sorry it left your belly bitter. Did you violate another man's property?

Can't or won't answer the question and need to deflect? Typical, so very typical of "Christians".

Now, answer the question. Do you follow your scriptures literally, or do you pick and choose what to follow? Why or why not?

Old 12-03-2017, 08:41 PM

1,220 posts, read 988,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Can't or won't answer the question and need to deflect? Typical, so very typical of "Christians".

Now, answer the question. Do you follow your scriptures literally, or do you pick and choose what to follow? Why or why not?
Norm...I take everything in God's word literally in accordance with the spirit not the letter. There is one who accuses...day and night assuming an alleged moral high ground. Are you it?

Old 12-03-2017, 08:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
Those of little wit consider paint-by-numbers to be art.

The religious of little wit NEED a book to s'plain things simply - to give them rules and order. It comforts them. Like sheep being in a corral. They need limits. They lack the cognitive abilities, courage, and insight required to carve their own spiritual path.

They need something paved and easy. So they follow a book that other sheep follow.

Unfortunately for them - but not for the rest of the planet - they are plodding their way to extinction.

Those who cannot, or will not, evolve - are doomed.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Norm...I take everything in God's word literally in accordance with the spirit not the letter. There is one who accuses...day and night assuming an alleged moral high ground. Are you it?

So, how do you see the spirit of Exodus 21. All of it, the entire chapter. Hint: It's about slavery, and not just Jewish slaves. Oh, and it's followed by:

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

Tell us exactly what spirit this is meant?

Old 12-03-2017, 09:45 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,880,101 times
Quote:
Just wondering.

How was there light, and how could there be days and nights, before the sun and moon existed? Just wondering how you reconcile that?
Quote:

Quote:
So, how do you see the spirit of Exodus 21. All of it, the entire chapter. Hint: It's about slavery, and not just Jewish slaves. Oh, and it's followed by:

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

Tell us exactly what spirit this is meant?
Welcome Norm. Just a 'heads-up'. There is little point in asking logical questions to someone who insists that the Earth is flat.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Welcome Norm. Just a 'heads-up'. There is little point in asking logical questions to someone who insists that the Earth is flat.
Or pretty much anyone who believe Genesis is fact.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:48 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,880,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Or pretty much anyone who believe Genesis is fact.
Quite so my dear old jam tart.

Old 12-03-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I've seen that in real life, but in this case as he/she advised they don't take things literally, but "in the spirit", I was intrigued as to how that would manifest itself. So far, crickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality