Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 08:52 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Mark invented out of the OT, Matthew rewrites Mark for theological reasons, Luke uses Josephus, so is after 94 AD, John uses Luke so is even later. Plus John was still being written around 200 AD, when chapter 21 was added.

Paul only saw Jesus in visions, and says the same for the apostles, so Paul is saying they were NOT eyewitnesses.

Also the titles of the gospels (the gospel according to ...) tells us specifically they are not eyewitness accounts, but are based on other accounts.

Even your Bible is against you with this problem.
Plus when the church fathers like Irenaeus and later refer to Matthew Mark Luke and John we have absolutely no idea which redaction they are referring to, there were so many hundreds of them each being rewritten, refined, rewritten again, polished here, tweaked there.The only copy we can be certain of how it reads is the Codex Vaticanus. It has been dated to the 4th century so it likely was one one of the 50 "official" Bibles to emerge from the Council of Nicaea Constantine ordered made. As such it would contain the church beliefs EXACTLY as Constantine would have wanted them.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 07-27-2018 at 09:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 09:08 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
This thread is a who's who of anti-Christians! Wow.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Come join us. Simply renounce Jesus as the son of God who died for your sins and admit he was just an ordinary rebel-rousing Jew who got crucified and was then made into a god by the Romans. It feels really good to be liberated from Christianity's lies, trust me, Baptist.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Come join us. Simply renounce Jesus as the son of God who died for your sins and admit he was just an ordinary rebel-rousing Jew who got crucified and was then made into a god by the Romans. It feels really good to be liberated from Christianity's lies, trust me, Baptist.
Based on what I've read of your posts, I'm not sure you ever knew what authentic Christianity is.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:47 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Based on what I've read of your posts, I'm not sure you ever knew what authentic Christianity is.

If you are an example of an "authentic" Christian, then I'm grateful the majority of Christians aren't.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
If you are an example of an "authentic" Christian, then I'm grateful the majority of Christians aren't.
Ba-da-bump!

You'll be here all week....be sure to tip your waiters and waitresses....

Old 07-27-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Why don't you educate us, Baptist. Still waiting for that single historian, by the way. Are you going to revert to your "I'm not into playing silly games with you" again? Yet you keep coming back for more.....

Old 07-27-2018, 10:51 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
It has nothing to do with being anti Christian, it is pointing out the problems with the alleged early history of the Christian church. I would be the same if you tried to argue Der Ring des Nibelungen as history.

I rather like the early version of Christianity, where you communicated with the angel Jesus in visions. It removes the need to defend contradictory fiction written 100 years or more after Jesus allegedly died.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
It has nothing to do with being anti Christian, it is pointing out the problems with the alleged early history of the Christian church. I would be the same if you tried to argue Der Ring des Nibelungen as history.

I rather like the early version of Christianity, where you communicated with the angel Jesus in visions. It removes the need to defend contradictory fiction written 100 years or more after Jesus allegedly died.
You'll get use to ol' Baptist. He never engages in any meaningful discussions. Just fires off these 5-worders and then runs and hides.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:11 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Why don't you educate us, Baptist. Still waiting for that single historian, by the way. Are you going to revert to your "I'm not into playing silly games with you" again? Yet you keep coming back for more.....
Tacitus.

"Nero fastened the guilt . . . on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of . . . Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome. . . ."

Annals 15.44.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality