Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2018, 05:23 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Perhaps the world did end. And we are all currently living on a slightly different plane than our ancestors were inhabiting. Yet somehow, the old writings remain. Or maybe this is all a dream.
Yet Jesus never did return in the clouds with the angels to judge all men's deeds--a sight I'm sure you couldn't miss. If the world did end it ended without any final judgment and the establishment of God's perfect Kingdom on earth. I think that's the thrust of Harry's post, But I shouldn't speak for Harry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 05:26 PM

[quote=omega2xx;52674445]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No indication that the Almah is pregnant????...Really???...Are you serious???...It says it right there, she is with child...And will bear this child and name him Immanuel, which Jesus was never named...

Try taking a course in reading comprehension or maybe just reading it slowly several times will help you understand what it says. It says she will be with child... Do you understand verb tenses?

That may be but it doesn't say the virgin is with child.
Of course it does:

Quote:
Well then, the Lord himself will give you a sign: a young woman who IS pregnant will have a son and will name him 'Immanuel.'
OMG!!!!!!

Last edited by mensaguy; 08-01-2018 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: Tried to fix a missing quote tag is the quoted post

Old 08-01-2018, 05:32 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,469,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
If the world did end it ended without any final judgment and the establishment of God's perfect Kingdom on earth.
Israel is still scattered.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:01 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Israel is still scattered.
Exactly what is meant in this statement?

Old 08-01-2018, 06:18 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte

For the Son of Man is about to come in the glory His Father, with His angels, and then He will give to each according to his deeds. Truly I tell you, some of you standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Matthew 16:27-28

Jesus claimed he would return in the clouds with the angels to judge men by their deeds and he insisted he'd return while some of his apostles were still alive, but it never happened. He never returned, therefore we can surmise he simply died and was buried and that was that.
The Father is Spirit, Thrill. That means Jesus would come as Spirit - the Comforter - and that DID happen while they were alive - at Pentecost.
Quote:
Yet Jesus never did return in the clouds with the angels to judge all men's deeds--a sight I'm sure you couldn't miss. If the world did end it ended without any final judgment and the establishment of God's perfect Kingdom on earth. I think that's the thrust of Harry's post, But I shouldn't speak for Harry.
Try speaking for yourself, Thrill. Don't ignore my post.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:44 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,469,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Exactly what is meant in this statement?
Israel will be gathered before the kingdom is established. There's a sign for you non-believers. So pay attention.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Try speaking for yourself, Thrill. Don't ignore my post.
I missed your post, Mystic, sorry.

Yes, but did Jesus judge all men's deeds or is this more spiritual interpretation, I mean like up in heaven Jesus made a pronouncement that all men's deeds had been forgiven by his death?

Hey, Mystic, did the gospel writers model Jesus life on Moses? The similarities are so numerous it's past the point of coincidence and I read somewhere that every episode in Jesus life could be found in the Old Testament.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 08-01-2018 at 07:16 PM..

Old 08-01-2018, 08:29 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
I missed your post, Mystic, sorry.

Yes, but did Jesus judge all men's deeds or is this more spiritual interpretation, I mean like up in heaven Jesus made a pronouncement that all men's deeds had been forgiven by his death?

Hey, Mystic, did the gospel writers model Jesus life on Moses? The similarities are so numerous it's past the point of coincidence and I read somewhere that every episode in Jesus life could be found in the Old Testament.
Don't limit the parallels, Thrill. The spiritual fossil record is replete with earlier (more primitive, less defined) Savior memes that convinced me that God's influencing of our minds uses a template to promote the belief in God that has manifested locally in myriad ways culminating (IMO) in the most sophisticated Jesus legend that has had such a tremendous impact on human spiritual evolution. Look up some of these, Thrill, they are only a smattering:

Thulis of Egypt, 1700 B. C.
Krishna of India, 1200 B.C.
Crite of Chaldea, 1200 B.C.
Atys of Phrygia, 1170 B.C.
Thammuz or Tammuz of Syria, 1160 B.C.
Hesus or Eros 834 B.C.
Bali of Orissa, 725 B.C.
Indra of Thibet (Tibet), 725 B.C.
Iao of Nepaul (Nepal), 622 B.C.[9]
Buddha Sakia (Muni) of India, 600 B.C.
Mitra (Mithra) of Persia, 600 B.C.
Alcestos of Euripides, 600 B.C.
Quezalcoatl of Mexico, 587 B.C.
Wittoba of the Bilingonese, 552 B.C.
Prometheus or Æschylus of Caucasus, 547 B.C.
Quirinus of Rome, 506 B.C.
Salivahana of Bermuda
Zulis or Zhule of Egypt
Osiris of Egypt
Oru of Egypt
Odin of the Scandinavians
Zoroaster of Persia
Baal of Phoenicia
Taut, "the only Begotten of God" of Phoenicia, inventor of letter
Bali of Afghanistan
Xamolxis (Zalmoxis) of Thrace
Zoar of the Bonzes
Adad of Assyria
Deva Tat of Siam (Thailand)
Sammonocadam (Sommona-Codom) of Siam (Thailand)
Alcides of Thebes
Mikado of the Sintoos
Beddru of Japan
Bremrillah of the Druids
Thor son of Odin of the Gauls/Norse
Cadmus of Greece
Hil/Feta of the Mandaites
Gentaut of Mexico
Universal Monarch of the Sibyls
Ischy of Formosa (Taiwan)
Divine Teacher of Plato
Holy One of Xaca
(Fohi) of China
Tien of China
Adonis son of the virgin Io of Greece
Ixion of Rome

Old 08-01-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Don't limit the parallels, Thrill. The spiritual fossil record is replete with earlier (more primitive, less defined) Savior memes that convinced me that God's influencing of our minds uses a template to promote the belief in God that has manifested locally in myriad ways culminating (IMO) in the most sophisticated Jesus legend that has had such a tremendous impact on human spiritual evolution. Look up some of these, Thrill, they are only a smattering:

Thulis of Egypt, 1700 B. C.
Krishna of India, 1200 B.C.
Crite of Chaldea, 1200 B.C.
Atys of Phrygia, 1170 B.C.
Thammuz or Tammuz of Syria, 1160 B.C.
Hesus or Eros 834 B.C.
Bali of Orissa, 725 B.C.
Indra of Thibet (Tibet), 725 B.C.
Iao of Nepaul (Nepal), 622 B.C.[9]
Buddha Sakia (Muni) of India, 600 B.C.
Mitra (Mithra) of Persia, 600 B.C.
Alcestos of Euripides, 600 B.C.
Quezalcoatl of Mexico, 587 B.C.
Wittoba of the Bilingonese, 552 B.C.
Prometheus or Æschylus of Caucasus, 547 B.C.
Quirinus of Rome, 506 B.C.
Salivahana of Bermuda
Zulis or Zhule of Egypt
Osiris of Egypt
Oru of Egypt
Odin of the Scandinavians
Zoroaster of Persia
Baal of Phoenicia
Taut, "the only Begotten of God" of Phoenicia, inventor of letter
Bali of Afghanistan
Xamolxis (Zalmoxis) of Thrace
Zoar of the Bonzes
Adad of Assyria
Deva Tat of Siam (Thailand)
Sammonocadam (Sommona-Codom) of Siam (Thailand)
Alcides of Thebes
Mikado of the Sintoos
Beddru of Japan
Bremrillah of the Druids
Thor son of Odin of the Gauls/Norse
Cadmus of Greece
Hil/Feta of the Mandaites
Gentaut of Mexico
Universal Monarch of the Sibyls
Ischy of Formosa (Taiwan)
Divine Teacher of Plato
Holy One of Xaca
(Fohi) of China
Tien of China
Adonis son of the virgin Io of Greece
Ixion of Rome
Let's see........if I'm understanding this correctly: there have always been dying/rising god legends as evidenced by your list. Jesus simply represents the latest and most sophisticated dying/rising god of all of them. Did I get it?

Old 08-01-2018, 09:10 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Israel will be gathered before the kingdom is established. There's a sign for you non-believers. So pay attention.
Can't pay attention to a vague statement. How is Isreal scattered today and how am I supposed to recognize it gathering? I thought you would be able to explain your statement but if you can't then I will have to dismiss it as a meaningless group of words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality