Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 10:18 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,482,921 times

Advertisements

I was thinking the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 11:24 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,984,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I agree with you. But that's what happens when you don't read the Bible. For Jesus to literally "cast out devils" is, IMO, witchcraft...and that's forbidden by God. So it has to be allegorical...otherwise Jesus is a hypocrite and not pious enough to hold his position.
Jesus has been labeled a false prophet. On five occasions he incorrectly dated his return in the clouds to the end of the 1st century. That alone should disqualify him from being divine. Christians try to gloss over it by saying he was talking figuratively and not literally, but then out of the other side of their mouths they say everything in the Bible is to be taken literally. I wish they'd make up their minds.

Old 07-29-2018, 02:33 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,079,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Jesus has been labeled a false prophet. On five occasions he incorrectly dated his return in the clouds to the end of the 1st century. That alone should disqualify him from being divine. Christians try to gloss over it by saying he was talking figuratively and not literally, but then out of the other side of their mouths they say everything in the Bible is to be taken literally. I wish they'd make up their minds.
The only people saying the bible is literal are atheists and fundamentals, same thing.

Old 07-29-2018, 03:15 AM

9,699 posts, read 10,059,300 times
The link in the OP is blocked by lack of freedom in the web ...... People think Jesus is a false prophet because they do not have the living God`s Holy Spirit and are lost to God , so who are you going to believe ........

Old 07-29-2018, 03:49 AM

45 posts, read 26,061 times
stories grew strong over the years and still carry on to now and that showed that God is allowing this to ensure everyone knows His son, Jesus. There a lot of doctors who couldn't explain about miracles of healed from cancer and so on. I am one of witness many people do heal or recover from addiction from drug or so on... That lead them to speak out and spread the Good News about what Jesus and His Father did to them. Or an amount of them met Jesus in vision or dream and spread the News about it. I can see God is holding promise land and so on for us if we abiding His ways. Those who don't believe in Jesus will get a curse of not getting a blessing as you can see as the proof that they die out over time to small number... So, God is really promising us to have a splendor life if we following His commands. Can't you accept that how it control by God? U.S. is leading country in the world because they (an amount of them) believe in God and His Son back in old days, and still a number of people today. Just read your bible and ask God to give you wisdom.

Last edited by PodPearse; 07-29-2018 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: trying to proof reading

Old 07-29-2018, 05:17 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,909,031 times
"Sensors" will always believe the literal stories.
"iNtuitives" will always think the stories are allegorical.

Judging vs Perceiving may also factor into this.

Neither group is better than the other.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Jesus has been labeled a false prophet. On five occasions he incorrectly dated his return in the clouds to the end of the 1st century.
Did Jesus date his return, or did someone else? The Bible is clear that not even the angels know the hour. So no way a prophet (which I believe the person known as Jesus was) can date the return. The people who lead others to believe there was a date are the ones who don't want you to believe the Bible is true (hence setting up a false prophecy). All the Bible does is tell you to be prepared by looking for the signs. You won't recognize the signs unless you read the scriptures for understanding...and most people don't.

Old 07-29-2018, 03:59 PM

51,068 posts, read 24,563,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The link in the OP is blocked by lack of freedom in the web ...... People think Jesus is a false prophet because they do not have the living God`s Holy Spirit and are lost to God , so who are you going to believe ........
Not you.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:59 AM

18,255 posts, read 16,984,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Did Jesus date his return, or did someone else? The Bible is clear that not even the angels know the hour. So no way a prophet (which I believe the person known as Jesus was) can date the return. The people who lead others to believe there was a date are the ones who don't want you to believe the Bible is true (hence setting up a false prophecy). All the Bible does is tell you to be prepared by looking for the signs. You won't recognize the signs unless you read the scriptures for understanding...and most people don't.
Without a doubt Jesus dated his return---very badly:

Quote:
“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ (Matthew 16: 27, 28)
Jesus is talking to his disciples. At least 12 but maybe as high as 84. He's telling them that some will die but some will still be alive when he returns. Nobody could live longer than 100 years in those days so Jesus is saying that some of them will still be alive when he returns. It didn't happen. Jesus clearly had illusions of grandeur. He genuinely thought he was the Messiah, which is why when he was on the cross He yelled, "My God, why have you forsaken me?" In other words, "I tried to do your work. Why have you let it all end like this? I thought because I was your Chosen You would love and protect me ?"

Quote:
When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes. Matthew 10:23
Again Jesus is telling his disciples to preach in Israel and when they are persecuted flee to another town, then another, then another. Jesus will return before they have gone through all the towns in Israel. Doesn't make a bit of sense because Jesus had to be crucified first so they had plenty of time to get through all the towns twice over. Read the whole chapter and see exactly how discombobulated the the whole thing is put together--just a mishmash of random statements, some drawn from the Sermon on the Mount in chapter 5-7.

Quote:
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.[b] 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:28-31
There are four or five other bad calls made by Jesus about his return. If Jesus really was the Son of God he would have stated in no uncertain terms an accurate timeframe of his return.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:01 AM

I don't see a date in either quote you posted. I don't know about you, but in my world, dates usually come in "MM/DD/YYYY" form, or some variation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality