Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 06:40 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times

Advertisements

There is absolutely no reason for me to intentionally derail a thread. I mentioned the calendar because it supported my statements. If other people wanted to elaborate, they are within their right. You don't get to control the conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 06:40 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,061,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
If treemoni had intentions of hijacking this thread he succeeded brilliantly. Hey, people: the topic is NOT the Hebrew calendar, it's "Jesus was a false prophet". Let's get back on topic.
No he wasnt a false prophet.
Even the muslims said jesus is a prophet.

Old 07-30-2018, 06:50 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Sort of the friend of my friend concept?

So I guess you support the rest of the concepts in the Koran?

Old 07-30-2018, 08:32 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Of course he is a prophet...a false prophet. I've already given you two instances of Jesus making an inaccurate prophecy. That makes him a false prophet.

Old 07-31-2018, 03:32 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I know we're in 2018 because that's accurate according to the calendar system I grew up with. But the Hebrew calendar is different and more accurate. Unfortunately I haven't learned it yet, so don't ask me about it. There is a reason ancient civilizations were way better at tracking time than we are. The Chinese don't use our system. They adapt...they learn our system, but the system of their ancestors is more accurate. The Greek stole everything from God's people who had the blueprint. The world we live in now is fake on multiple levels because Satan is the "father" and "architect" of this world. And God is letting him have his way...only for a prescribed time. Even Satan knows he has a limited time. But his followers believe the illusion.

Note: I am in no way calling disbelievers Satanists. "Forgive them father for they know not what they do." As people have mentioned before, the words uses to describe Satan translate to things "adversary" and "deceiver", which is what he is. I think if we changed the language we used to describe Satan, people would see his mischief more clearly.
No, HaSatan does not translate to deceiver...

Old 07-31-2018, 04:29 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
treemoni has jumped the shark.

I read their first sentence and then decided to ignore the rest. Then I read this and felt I must go back to see why a shark was jumped.

That was a minute wasted.

But thanks to Wikipedia, I know understand the reference. You were not wrong.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:57 AM

2,675 posts, read 1,262,760 times
Quote:
Of course he is a prophet...a false prophet. I've already given you two instances of Jesus making an inaccurate prophecy. That makes him a false prophet.
that may be a semantic argument. If you claim to be a leprechaun, are you a "false leprechaun" or "not a leprechaun". The biblical text has a description of a false prophet which one could say Jesus satisfies, but the Jewish concept of prophet also invalidates Jesus before he starts -- the era of prophecy had ended hundreds of years earlier so he couldn't be considered a prophet, and there was a "not prophet" instead of a "false prophet".

Or maybe the splitting hairs is unnecessary and he can just be called "false".

Old 07-31-2018, 05:43 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm sorry, but I know many christians who out and out believe that the miracles of the bible are absolute fact. Again, christians need to get their act together and decide what their faith really believes before they set out to convert others.

I am not her to convert anyone. I am here to try and defend the Scriptures. Not for the hard core non-believers, but for those who haven't got all of their theology set in cement yet and for the liberals.

As usual, you make a dogmatic statement but offer no evidence. Why should anyone believe you? Maybe you need to get your act together.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:51 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
This is EXACTLY why there are over 30,000 Christian sects today....because Christian leader thought reading the scriptures and interpreting them the way their common sense told them they should be interpreted was more important than leaning on the Holy Spirit for one interpretation. Now I say that not as a person who believes in the Holy Spirit (I don't) but as one who says Christians should practice what they preach and lean on THEIR Holy Spirit for correct interpretation. If we have 30,000 different interpretations then obviously the Holy Spirit is asleep at the switch.

First of all there is not 30,000 Christian denominations. Second, even if there was, one could still be the correct one. The inerrancy of the Scripture does not depend on man interpreting them.

It is not the Holy Spirit so is asleep, it is those who are not interpreting the Scriptures correctly. Fundamentalist have some differences on minor points, but we all agree on the critical fundamentals.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:58 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
First of all there is not 30,000 Christian denominations. Second, even if there was, one could still be the correct one. The inerrancy of the Scripture does not depend on man interpreting them.

It is not the Holy Spirit so is asleep, it is those who are not interpreting the Scriptures correctly. Fundamentalist have some differences on minor points, but we all agree on the critical fundamentals.
40 thousand plus...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality