Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 05:50 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
What does it say that I don't understand? The Gentile who chooses to please God to take hold of his covenant is blessed with a new name and also given an inheritance in Israel if they will only accept his Sabbaths and feasts. Am I missing something?
You’re trying to shove a square peg in a round hole...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 06:00 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Was Adam and Eve Jewish?

Why wouldn’t everyone from the incest party of A&E be god’s chosen people?

Oh that’s right. God screwed up the first round of chosen people.

god said
Genesis 6:6 New International Version (NIV)

6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

The moment you realize god has new favorites

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

Old 09-10-2018, 09:39 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You’re trying to shove a square peg in a round hole...
Is it saying something I don't get?

I don't know what you mean, will you post Isaiah 56 and show what you mean? Are you saying that Gentiles can't get in at all?

Old 09-10-2018, 12:41 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:

I don't know what you mean, will you post Isaiah 56 and show what you mean? Are you saying that Gentiles can't get in at all?
All your talk and you still are trying to fit Jesus into Judaism...

Old 09-10-2018, 01:35 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
All your talk and you still are trying to fit Jesus into Judaism...
No, we are talking about the prophet Isaiah aren't we?

Isaiah is not the only prophet that makes promises to Gentiles.

Old 09-10-2018, 01:45 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:

Isa 65:1

¶
“I was sought by those who did not ask for Me;
I was found by those who did not seek Me.
I said, ‘Here I am, here I am,’
To a nation that was not called by My name.

Isa 65:12

Therefore I will number you for the sword,
And you shall all bow down to the slaughter;
Because, when I called, you did not answer;
When I spoke, you did not hear,
But did evil before My eyes,
And chose that in which I do not delight.”

Isa 65:13

¶
Therefore thus says the Lord GOD:

“Behold, My servants shall eat,
But you shall be hungry;
Behold, My servants shall drink,
But you shall be thirsty;
Behold, My servants shall rejoice,
But you shall be ashamed;

Isa 65:14

Behold, My servants shall sing for joy of heart,
But you shall cry for sorrow of heart,
And wail for grief of spirit.

Isa 65:15

You shall leave your name as a curse to My chosen;
For the Lord GOD will slay you,
And call His servants by another name;

like how sad is this anyway.
he will save a remanient as he will save a remanent of every tribe and every clan.
yes 65 is not a blessing to Jews. at all.
and this part proves the sword is still to come .

Isa 65:16

So that he who blesses himself in the earth
Shall bless himself in the God of truth;
And he who swears in the earth
Shall swear by the God of truth;
Because the former troubles are forgotten,
And because they are hidden from My eyes.

Isa 65:17

“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.

Isa 65:18

But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create;
For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing,
And her people a joy.

Isa 65:19

I will rejoice in Jerusalem,
And joy in My people;
The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her,
Nor the voice of crying.

Isa 65:20

“No more shall an infant from there live but a few days,
Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days;
For the child shall die one hundred years old,
But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed.

Isa 65:21

They shall build houses and inhabit them;
They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.

Isa 65:22

They shall not build and another inhabit;
They shall not plant and another eat;
For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people,
And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

Isa 65:23

They shall not labor in vain,
Nor bring forth children for trouble;
For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the LORD,
And their offspring with them.

Isa 65:24

“It shall come to pass
That before they call, I will answer;
And while they are still speaking, I will hear.

Isa 65:25

The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
The lion shall eat straw like the ox,
And dust shall be the serpent’s food.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,”
Says the LORD.

as sad as it is this
"desolation" is yet to come.

"And call His servants by another name" and his new people will be known by another name.
But he will prove faithful to Abraham and save many of the 12 tribes of Israel's ( the men ) sons and clans, but they will be hidden until he reveals them.
in the mean time folks are looking for Arabs and Mizraim clans types of "Jews".. like they are Jews and when in fact the records are clear! "the ancient Jews/ Old fashioned Hebrews were blonds and blue eyed! the oldest records in Egypt are Blue eyed and very fair. so Oh well. the truth is God knows the truth .

but the
Menes/ Menegewi / Mizraim
and their cousins the Canaanites are all dark and dark eyed. and they think the land is theirs and it is not. He gave that land toIisrael clans.. and will repay the true owners which wasn't israel ( the man and their clans ).

you all know the laws where he says if you give up anything in my name He will pay them back 100 times in this life and the next.. and again what was stolen for peace and for spread the gospel's sake from this land also will be estored nd or paid back also.. .. well the church had kept the peace and a semi moral societies until recently and now it has lost control and lost a moral foundation on the ROCK! .
so we had as Jonathan Cahn calls " the Harbinger" has taken place and the foundations of this country are going back to the oldest foundations which is the tributary and 7 clan systems and the 7 churches God has added to the 7 clans. .

500+ years of broken tributes/taxes .
FYI Native never sold land! they had tributes/ and a taxing system and the Europeans thought that they bought the land with that hand full of beads or some blankets.. that they gave the natives .. that was only the tax/ tributes .. just to live on that land.. just like Melchzedec.. you pay your tenth to the clans and to the priests/ kings in area you wish to trade in . but they never paid once!! that is a lot of accrued value for the gospel's sake.
so the Gentile nations will be restored and repaid. and that is where The Lord gets his legal inheritances also on his Moms's clans side .

and the Canaanites were the thieves on the land. actaully shoot most lands ( see Menegewi/ (AE)llegewi wars) .. , they stole THAT LAND of israel from the ( AE) Lycians ( and their 10 tribes of sea people ) see Namers Pallette for the headeding and betrayal of Great Kings who were usurped / AND THE JAPHETH/ AND JAVAN ( JAPAN) ETC..) THE FAMILY/ Brotherhood OF SEA PEOPLE.
and the Lord will pay it all back and divide the spoils with the greatest..

Isa 53.. He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,
And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand.

Isa 53:11

He shall see the labor of His soul,[fn] and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
For He shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12

Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
And He shall divide the spoil with the strong,
Because He poured out His soul unto death,

sure there is a few clans in Israel now. but are they even on their rightful inheritances? probably not.. . but not all there is Israel nor is all there Judah or Levi.
So the Lord will separate clans in Israel( land proper) and give to each clan accordingly. probably restoring the tribute and Tax system . but it seems someone there might not like that idea.
as someone is fighting with him until the end.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-10-2018 at 02:05 PM..

Old 09-10-2018, 02:08 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,868 times
It really doesn't matter what the Bible says ... especially anything out of the New Testament.

Bottom line is that Yahweh was invented by the Hebrews FOR Hebrews.

This is why there were no conversions in the Old Testament. No one even tried or bothered with gentiles. Instead, the Hebrews simply wiped them out if they happened to have a city where the Hebrews wanted to live. Never did the Hebrews send priests of Yahweh into the land of the Canaanites, the Medianites, into Jericho, or any of the other cities which were "ethnically cleansed" by the Hebrews. Their souls mattered not, because Yahweh was a Hebrew God and was never meant to be worshiped by anyone other than Hebrews.

Even to this day, the Jews do not proselytize or witness to the gentiles or try, in any way, to convert people who were not born into the Hebrew ethnic group.

Even the so-called messiah predicted in the OT was meant to be a Hebrew messiah, not necessarily a universal messiah that applies to everyone everywhere in the world. That idea, of course, was added later when the Jewish religion fractured with the splinter group wandering off to follow Jesus while the other group remained "traditional" and refused to accept Jesus as the true messiah.

Either way, even the first Christians were Hebrews -- it was still an ethnic, tribal god and an ethnic, tribal messiah.

As I've said before, anyone who isn't Hebrew and worshiping the God of the Bible, you're worshiping the wrong god.

Old 09-10-2018, 02:49 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Ever seen the hitchhicker's guide to the Galaxy? I am like that Robot that can't figure out the meaning of life because it all ends, what is the use?
What is the use? All I have to do is look at my granddaughter and grandsons. What science knows of the future, the Omega is NOTHING. It is irrelevant. We as a species need to focus on the now. Governments and religions are failing to inspire us in the direction of progress towards what we need to do.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:38 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
What is the use? All I have to do is look at my granddaughter and grandsons. What science knows of the future, the Omega is NOTHING. It is irrelevant. We as a species need to focus on the now. Governments and religions are failing to inspire us in the direction of progress towards what we need to do.
Glad to see another existentialist on line. Worrying about what might happen in the future when we are living in chaos now seems irrelevant. And whether the Jews are chosen or not, they are in the same mess as the rest of us.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:43 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,977 times
Quote:
No doubt this statement causes an emotional response. There are few concepts in religion that are more emotionally loaded and more misunderstood.
Just a little education on the topic...
Anything that speaks of seperation cannot be from god.
The Jews chose God, all are called forth but few respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality