Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2018, 08:06 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,422,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

I already showed you that genetic changes, although they are due to chance, are not completely random.
You can't show anyone that, because there is no evidence that genetic changes are entirely due to chance. That's your materialist mythology.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:58 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
What made you think I was trying to disprove evolution?
Because you keep denying evolution while you claim to "believe" in it.

Quote:
You are making the mistake of trying to convince me of evolution when I said over and over and over that I believe in evolution.
If you deny the mechanism behind it then you do not "believe" in it no matter how many times you say you do.

Quote:
You can't show anyone that, because there is no evidence that genetic changes are entirely due to chance. That's your materialist mythology.
No one says mutations are "entirely due to chance". I explained that to you already. Here's another explanation.

https://www.livescience.com/48103-ev...ot-random.html

"Evolution is often said to be 'blind,' because there's no outside force guiding natural selection. But changes in genetic material that occur at the molecular level are not entirely random, a new study suggests. These mutations are guided by both the physical properties of the genetic code and the need to preserve the critical function of proteins, the researchers said."

Even though there may be factors predisposing to mutations, it is not necessary to propose a supernatural force that is producing them.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:01 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
You are making the mistake of trying to convince me of evolution when I said over and over and over that I believe in evolution.
No, you believe in so called 'micro evolution' as per posts #259, 293, and 298. Suzy_q2010 is referring to evolution as in change above the species level - so called 'macro evolution. At least be honest and don't say that you believe what others are referring to when you've made it clear that you don't.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike555 View Post
no, you believe in so called 'micro evolution' as per posts #259, 293, and 298. Suzy_q2010 is referring to evolution as in change above the species level - so called 'macro evolution. At least be honest and don't say that you believe what others are referring to when you've made it clear that you don't.
NO I believe in all kinds of evolution.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Because you keep denying evolution while you claim to "believe" in it.
You are so ignorant. I never denied evolution, never.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:34 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
You are so ignorant. I never denied evolution, never.
If you say this you are denying evolution:

Quote:
Micro and macro are two completely different things. Micro has been observed and can be created, macro has never been observed and cannot be created.

There is absolutely no reason to assume micro grades into macro.

And we can't even say all the changes leading to micro are entirely random.
https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evoli...e/evoscales_01

"Microevolution happens on a small scale (within a single population), while macroevolution happens on a scale that transcends the boundaries of a single species. Despite their differences, evolution at both of these levels relies on the same, established mechanisms of evolutionary change:

mutation
migration
genetic drift
natural selection"

The evidence for "macro" is in the fossil record and in DNA.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:44 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No, you believe in so called 'micro evolution' as per posts #259, 293, and 298. Suzy_q2010 is referring to evolution as in change above the species level - so called 'macro evolution. At least be honest and don't say that you believe what others are referring to when you've made it clear that you don't.
Quote:
NO I believe in all kinds of evolution.
Your statement in post #259 says that you don't.
''Micro and macro are two completely different things. Micro has been observed and can be created, macro has never been observed and cannot be created.

There is absolutely no reason to assume micro grades into macro.

And we can't even say all the changes leading to micro are entirely random.''
You cannot say that ''there is absolutely no reason to assume micro grades into macro'' and then claim that you believe in all kinds of evolution when you've already said that you don't.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:46 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I think they are, aren't they. Moss, lichens and moulds are in the plant family? Nobody's going to tell me a mushroom's an animal.
Hello,
I am no body.
Yes,
Algae are classified as plants.
Kina like Pluto is classified as an asteroid.

Lame scientist asking to have their name established in a hall of nonsense an death.
Oops
Did I think that out loud.

Oh yeah
Does anyone actually care anymore.
Nope.
The anyone monster smells like chicken.
Hmmm.
Chicken.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:59 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post

OK. I suspect you will ignore this but here goes...
...and I was right.

Hey G4N! Why are you ignoring this from post 278. Omega ignored it too. Fancy that!

Old 10-27-2018, 12:43 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Hello,
I am no body.
Yes,
Algae are classified as plants.
Kina like Pluto is classified as an asteroid.

Lame scientist asking to have their name established in a hall of nonsense an death.
Oops
Did I think that out loud.

Oh yeah
Does anyone actually care anymore.
Nope.
The anyone monster smells like chicken.
Hmmm.
Chicken.
You are losing it, my son.
Quote:
Of course they are, if there is no human agency involved. Of course by 'chance' you mean 'unplanned'. Or you ought to. If you meant 'nothing causing it', you clearly couldn't understand evolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.