Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 09:27 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Try arguing about things I actually said instead of creating a straw man.

A second straw man! Will they never end?
lmao. you are avoiding again. you create a straw man and then hide behind it. sorta like when some people toss out "sorta-godder" strawmen.

I never said you said it. you are straw-manning.

but lets address what you think, for the record.

are you saying that humans are part of a larger more complex system?

Old 10-28-2018, 09:38 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It's what he does.

Never. He simply stuffs his fingers in his ears and says the same thing over again. He's been like that from the day he arrived on the boards.

Just like you.

I didn't bite on changing how the universe works because of my feelings on religion and you didn't like it.

I didn't bite on changing science because some science makes it harder for atheism. and you absolutely couldn't handle it and ran away to hide.

Using a measurement and a calculation I demonstrated your statement of belief is far less valid. your statement of belief was easily debunked and you couldn't run away fast enough.

when your statement of belief was debunked you ran away and now you are making stuff up instead of using facts. well, we both know that using facts debunks deny everything. That's why you ran away and hide behind your blankey "deny it all".

you sect of atheism will always be outnumbered by a rational atheist. Deny everything just doesn't have the legs.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:19 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Hello,
I am no body.
Yes,
Algae are classified as plants.
Kina like Pluto is classified as an asteroid.

Lame scientist asking to have their name established in a hall of nonsense an death.
Oops
Did I think that out loud.

Oh yeah
Does anyone actually care anymore.
Nope.
The anyone monster smells like chicken.
Hmmm.
Chicken.
Pluto is actually classified as a dwarf planet. There are five dwarf planets currently known, Ceres, Eris, Makemake, and Haumea, along with Pluto. Size is only one determination of what is now considered a true planet. Pluto does not orbit on the elliptical plane with the other eight true planets. If the other dwarf planets were also classified as true planets, then school children would have to learn the names of the thirteen planets of the solar system.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:20 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao. you are avoiding again. you create a straw man and then hide behind it. sorta like when some people toss out "sorta-godder" strawmen.

I never said you said it. you are straw-manning.
Wait, what? You admit you are arguing against something you now admit I never said, and that somehow means I am straw manning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
but lets address what you think, for the record.

are you saying that humans are part of a larger more complex system?
No. This is your one man conversation. This is as irrelevant to me as how to knit, or what color the Eiffel Tower should be painted.

Old 10-28-2018, 12:16 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,424,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
The Farce is strong in this one. There is acceptance of the evidence ...some of it..(I think) and somehow, not denying the adaptation, the genetics, the fossil evidence of speciation, but refusing to accept that it fits together as the best explanation, and not even having an alternative, pretty much does for her case. But we still get wriggling and nit -picking (much of it irrelevant - what does it matter what Mendel was thought to prove?) in hopes to do what? Admit to refusing to accept the evidence on Faith (in goddunnit - I think that, although it hasn't been said, nobody has any doubt that is the Belief) becasue that you shatter the basis of Faith.
You have shown yourself incapable of understanding my simple argument.

Old 10-28-2018, 12:45 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
You have shown yourself incapable of understanding my simple argument.
You have yet to present a rational argument. Would summarize it for us, please?

Old 10-28-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You have yet to present a rational argument. Would summarize it for us, please?
Just because you don't understand my argument doesn't mean it isn't rational.

Science has found evidence for evolution. We know it happened. And we know natural selection happens, because it has to.

The currently popular theory of how evolution occurred (modern synthesis, based on Darwin's hypothesis plus genetics) says that errors in DNA are the source of the variations that are selected from.

The modern synthesis denies that Lamarckian inheritance can occur (things learned or acquired in our lives can't be inherited by our offspring).

The modern synthesis says that DNA does not respond to changes in the organism or its environment.

There is already evidence against the modern synthesis, and there never was any evidence for it. The modern synthesis was accepted entirely on faith.

Richard Dawkins popularized the modern synthesis and used it as evidence for atheism. Many people were influenced by Dawkins, even if they didn't read his books. Evolution theory is often taught in biology classes as if Dawkins' version of the theory had been scientifically verified.

How and why evolution happened is not known. Fortunately some biologists do not accept the currently popular theory, so research is continuing.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:48 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
You guys have anything to say on the subject that relates to Religion & Spirituality?
I just went back three pages and didn't see anything.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You guys have anything to say on the subject that relates to Religion & Spirituality?
I just went back three pages and didn't see anything.
My post was about mind and matter, and evolution science is relevant. Atheists use evolution theory as supporting their faith in materialism. I am arguing against that, and explaining that the cause of evolution is not known.

Here is a video by the scientist James Shapiro. He is not religious, and the video is about science, not religion. However, it shows how limited and wrong the version of evolution theory popularized by Dawkins really is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooqo5G_NJFk

Dawkins uses his theory about the cause of evolution to support atheism.

This is entirely relevant to my post. You might not like what I have to say about evolution, but there might be others here who want to know. This is important, and very often misunderstood.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:17 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
My post was about mind and matter, and evolution science is relevant. Atheists use evolution theory as supporting their faith in materialism. I am arguing against that, and explaining that the cause of evolution is not known.

Here is a video by the scientist James Shapiro. He is not religious, and the video is about science, not religion. However, it shows how limited and wrong the version of evolution theory popularized by Dawkins really is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooqo5G_NJFk

Dawkins uses his theory about the cause of evolution to support atheism.

This is entirely relevant to my post. You might not like what I have to say about evolution, but there might be others here who want to know. This is important, and very often misunderstood.
Excuse me? I expressed no opinion about whether or not I like what you have to say.
I don't care what you have to say except that it must relate to Religion & Spirituality.

If you can't keep it under that umbrella, please take it to the Science forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality