Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 12:36 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
One way to love your neighbor is to respect their opinions and assume there is some truth,
It's my opinion that paedophilia is wonderful. It's also my opinion that black people are inferior to white people, women are inferior to men, children should be beaten regularly and animals should be abused. Do you respect my opinions and believe that there is some truth in them? I don't expect you to answer as you always run away from awkward posts but at least it shows what you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 04:14 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
One way to love your neighbor is to respect their opinions and assume there is some truth, however strongly you may disagree. To make an effort to look at their perspective objectively.

I see the opposite of that happening these days. Atheists assume believers are ignorant and superstitious, Democrats assume Republicans are ignorant and selfish. Etc.

Maybe one of the very best ways to love your neighbor isn't to give them food and money. Maybe it's to give them respect and search for common ground.
More straw. We have looked at our neighbors opinions objectively, that is why we disagree. I can respect my neighbor to have those opinions, I do not need to respect the idea of a dead fish being resurrected.

We see your love for your neighbor includes an attack on atheists and democrats in the middle.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:13 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
One way to love your neighbor is to respect their opinions and assume there is some truth, however strongly you may disagree. To make an effort to look at their perspective objectively.

I see the opposite of that happening these days. Atheists assume believers are ignorant and superstitious, Democrats assume Republicans are ignorant and selfish. Etc.

Maybe one of the very best ways to love your neighbor isn't to give them food and money. Maybe it's to give them respect and search for common ground.
God's favorite way of loving one's neighbor is genocide.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
So true. But the atheists are so loud, especially on the internet, you would think they were a majority. No, just a pitiful tiny little minority. So sad.
How to love your neighbor. Except the 10 - 20% who are atheists. Because they keep proving good4nothin wrong.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:13 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,424,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
How to love your neighbor. Except the 10 - 20% who are atheists. Because they keep proving good4nothin wrong.
You "prove" me wrong by saying I am wrong. That is the extent of your logic.

And by the way, I have read more by atheists than by theists, and I made sure I understood their perspective.

Your personal nastiness makes it hard for me to love you, neighbor. It's just an idea, not saying I love all my nasty neighbors, especially online.

With people I actually know, I try much harder.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:25 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
https://www.bing.com/search?q=it+don...ics&FORM=QSRE1

Old 11-05-2018, 03:43 AM

Quote:
You "prove" me wrong by saying I am wrong. That is the extent of your logic.
No, I show how your 'evidence' does not support your assertions. All you do is misrepresent.

Quote:
Your personal nastiness makes it hard for me to love you, neighbor. It's just an idea, not saying I love all my nasty neighbors, especially online.
You called us pitiful, and have used other ad hominems. You have called me a liar. Do not play the victim here just because we retaliate by using facts you claim we do not have.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
No, I show how your 'evidence' does not support your assertions. All you do is misrepresent.

You called us pitiful, and have used other ad hominems. You have called me a liar. Do not play the victim here just because we retaliate by using facts you claim we do not have.
You have argued with insults, never logic or science.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
You have argued with insults, never logic or science.
That IS correct, you ARE avoiding the science section like you are allergic.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
That IS correct, you ARE avoiding the science section like you are allergic.
I am not allergic to science. I posted about science AND religion. It was closed in this forum because it's partly about science. It would be closed in the science forum because it's partly about religion.

Some people here seem not to understand that the RELATIONSHIPS between science and religion are important topics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality