Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 04:13 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Yep! I have a gripe with some religious people - and some atheists, too. It’s not whether someone believes or not, it’s how they go about expressing it/disrespecting each other in the process.

yeah, that kind of thinking is frowned on in here. don't think, just bash the other side. they think that denying everything removes the springboard, even if it is the springboard to more valid beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 04:25 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah, that kind of thinking is frowned on in here. don't think, just bash the other side. they think that denying everything removes the springboard, even if it is the springboard to more valid beliefs.
You're getting monotonous. Many of us don't have any problem with individuals being religionists, providing they keep it to themselves.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You're getting monotonous. Many of us don't have any problem with individuals being religionists, providing they keep it to themselves.
changed my post ...

you do realize my statement fits both camps right?

Old 01-28-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
changed my post ...

you do realize my statement fits both camps right?
I don't care which "camp" you're talking about, or both. I judge a person based on their actions and their words.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
I don't care which "camp" you're talking about, or both. I judge a person based on their actions and their words.
all I need to know is where my post was directed at you?

or why you would feel the need to so vigorously defend yourself something that wasn't directed at you?

Old 01-28-2019, 05:14 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:

Old 01-28-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
all I need to know is where my post was directed at you?

or why you would feel the need to so vigorously defend yourself something that wasn't directed at you?
You're on a forum. Posts are "directed" to everyone. If not, message them privately.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:32 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
All men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, but God loved us even when we were sinners and thus Christ died for us, that all who believe in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. And this is a free gift...
No, it isn't free at all. It has to be paid for - and the payment is that you abandon logic, reason and common sense, that you forego verifiable evidence and instead, rely on 'faith'.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:28 PM

463 posts, read 189,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
I did not specifically mention Christians- I barely know anything about it, or what or why it came to be. My gripe is with the fact that all religions tell you to be "so and so", but as one grows older they realize(if they do) that to achieve success or power in this lifetime(which is all we know as certified by science) one must be amoral. Should I commit all so called "sins" to get ahead in life? Because all the great men mostly did. T
That's because all men are sinners and fall short of the glory of God - but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus

Old 01-29-2019, 04:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
That's because all men are sinners and fall short of the glory of God - but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality