Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 05:04 PM

141 posts, read 58,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
My gripes have to do with religion, not people and politicians.

1. They keep presenting that there is separation between you and the Supreme Being
2. There teachings stifle or stunt or slow the advancement of the soul, us.
3. Many teach to be fearful of this Infinite Being
4. Many have perverted the original experience of the original 'founder' of the religion
5. The original Masters..Buddha, Jesus, Bahá'u'lláh and others...did not intend to create a religion, per se.
6. Rituals, ceremonies, liturgies, attending services have replaced being alone and still in silence to exp this
Divine One directly.
7. Lies have been told regarding benefits for giving money to the Church.
8. Some teach that there is a 'go-between' for each one of us to exp our Father
9. Some teach that there is a hell if you do not follow or even believe 'whatever'
10. Whole congregations are encouraged to ostracize members
11. Some teach to kill those that do not believe as they do, again the "them and us" false teaching.
12. Some do not teach or encourage there people to speak in tongues or to practice healings, then kick
out those that do believe in those

I could go on ...these are just off the top...
Miss Hepburn...
In another thread, I've been accused of being you using another name/handle. So, it intrigued me enough to check out some of your posts.

Let me ask you about one point you made above if I may?
Number 9. Do you believe there is a literal hell as described in the Bible or do you believe otherwise? And, along with that, are you a Christian?

Again, just checking out who the other "me" is in this place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 08:26 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
All men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, but God loved us even when we were sinners and thus Christ died for us, that all who believe in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. And this is a free gift, not dependent on your works, that no one may boast, and that no one may claim comes from any sort of personal qualifications or achievements

Your "gift" is anything but free. You have to surrender you life, your ambitions, your dreams and anything else the churchmen deem is in conflict with their own interests, which are nothing more than getting their hands into your pocket to finance their own lavish lifestyles. To this end they will lay guilt trips on you such as you've never dreamed to get you to make tithes to their non-profits, using threats of "Don't rob from God's storehouse" and other Old Testament balderdash to get your credit card number and expiration date.

Quote:
1.Benny Hinn—His ministry collects more than $200 million a year, and he’s admitted to his salary being over half a million. Hinn owns a private jet, lives in a $10 million house near the Pacific Ocean, stays in hotel rooms that cost thousands each night, and owns luxury vehicles. His lavish lifestyle was first exposed by Dateline NBC, and it’s now under investigation by the Senate.
2. Joyce Meyer—Since 1999, Joyce Meyer’s ministry has spent at least $4 million on 5 homes for Meyer and her children. Meyer’s house is a 10,000 square foot home with an 8-car garage, a large fountain, a gazebo, a private putting green, a pool, and pool house with a new $10,000 bathroom. Her salary was reported at $900,000 back in 2003, and she also enjoys use of a private jet and luxury cars. Needless to say, Meyer has been questioned for years, and she is once again under investigation by the government for possibly violating nonprofit laws.
3. Kenneth Copeland—Copeland lives in a mansion that some have said is “the size of a hotel.” He also has acquired a $20 million Cessna Citation private jet for flying around the country to spread the word. And of course, he owns an airport for landing said airplane.
4. Creflo Dollar—His church made $69 million back in 2006, and the church also provided him with a Rolls Royce. In Dollar’s words “Just because it (my life) is excessive doesn’t necessarily mean it’s wrong.”
5. Eddie Long—Long has earned millions in salary from his ministry, owns a million dollar home on a 20-acre lot, has use of a $350,000 Bentley, and pulls in a host of other benefits too.
6. Randy and Paula White—The White’s ministry brings in millions each year, and they own million dollar homes across the country (including in Trump Tower).
https://stories.avvo.com/nakedlaw/bi...stigation.html

Your "gift" is anything but free. Don't fall for this tripe.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 02-27-2019 at 08:34 PM..

Old 02-28-2019, 12:03 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualVisitor View Post
Miss Hepburn...
In another thread, I've been accused of being you using another name/handle. So, it intrigued me enough to check out some of your posts. Really? Wild!

Let me ask you about one point you made above if I may?
Number 9. Do you believe there is a literal hell as described in the Bible or do you believe otherwise? And, along with that, are you a Christian?
Again, just checking out who the other "me" is in this place.
"if I may" is something I say, btw

Hell...No, probably for 2 reasons ...the current belief that it is some eternal place of fire for, I dunno, sinners or maybe non-believers in Jesus...No.
Is there a place not as a punishment from a loving Father God...but a place the mind has created for
people that are very bad...yeah, i think so.
Are there unhappy, dismal places for those ruminating inside themselves with thoughts of vengeance,
guilt, anger, bitterness, jealousies, pride...so they are not ready or are blocked to the wonderful
places on the Other Side, yeah.
Are all those souls helped by messengers or guides or helpers from God to remind them they have a choice to change their thoughts to better thoughts...and look towards the light, Yeah.

I can't call myself Christian according to the Nicene Council's Creed, cuz you must believe in ALL of that to be called a Christian.
Tho, surprising to some...I speak /prayin tongues, am Baptized in the Holy Spirit, practicing the Gift of Healing and others.
Am into Eastern beliefs as much as Christian.
And don't care where a person is at cuz if they are atheist or some other thing ...it is perfect for them at this time.
Much like an NDEr realizes when he comes back....I've been shown things.
And I don't believe everything in the Bible and dislike religions, pretty much...as they teach incorrectly and cause many to see God as separate., slowing their spiritual growth..teaching Duality.

PS What 'they' are actually saying is they think Miss H has registered with 2 names, cheating.
Unless they said it joking around.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:05 PM

141 posts, read 58,885 times
Miss Hepburn....you are as the guys in the atheist thread thingie attested...you're a class act.

One point, (If I may ) We're not in full alignment with each other on theology/doctrine but, that' cool. We're are indeed in the same ball park.

One thing I totally detect from your writings (and, how anybody could have ever mistook us is beyond me. You're far more articulate than I) Anyway, what I detected...not only are you a class act, you also have a very good heart. It shines through in your words. Yeah, for real...I sense the depth of your heart---and, I really like that.

Anyway, that's enough. I tend to ramble.
Be well M'Lady *nods, smiles and tips my hat...well, I would if I were wearing one anyway*

Old 02-28-2019, 01:32 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualVisitor View Post
Miss Hepburn...
We're not in full alignment with each other on theology/doctrine but, that' cool. We're are indeed in the same ball park.
Oh... not to de-rail the thread...could you DM, Direct Message me...tell me the differences.
The word doctrine is foreign to me, btw...tell me how our beliefs differ.
We will chat I'll tell you why I think as I do.

Um...I don't think the word 'class act ' was mentioned by anyone in the A and A section....hahahaha...they tolerate me just fine...cuz I have no desire to change them...why...they're perfect just as they are.
You can't make a leaf fall..it falls when it's time, ya know....goes for most everything....so the leaf is perfect on the tree and when it falls.
Gosh, I guess I am pretty cool!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality