Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2019, 02:18 PM

50,863 posts, read 24,371,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm not quite sure why you think I'd make something like that up.
That's sort of answering a question with another question.

I question that you're down in those trenches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 02:24 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
That's sort of answering a question with another question.

I question that you're down in those trenches.
My guess is the reason you question it, is because it frustrates your effort and desire to pigeonhole me, although you don't know me at all.

It's that Cognitive Dissonance thing getting you again.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:29 PM

50,863 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
My guess is the reason you question it, is because it frustrates your effort and desire to pigeonhole me, although you don't know me at all.

It's that Cognitive Dissonance thing getting you again.
Again, avoidance of the topic of the post. And of course you have every right to not respond to the actual post.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:32 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Clara are you in the trenches for or against gays...I was not clear on that. Sorry, maybe I missed something...I gotta be on my toes around here with all the posts!

Old 03-06-2019, 02:33 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

Quote:
Again, avoidance of the topic of the post. And of course you have every right to not respond to the actual post.
You're really tiresome.

What is it you're asking, exactly?

All I see is a challenge that I'm lying.

What are you asking?

Old 03-06-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Clara are you in the trenches for or against gays...I was not clear on that. Sorry, maybe I missed something...I gotta be on my toes around here with all the posts!
For. I think people are born with an ingrained sexuality, and it's really no one else's business who they love.

*shrug*

Old 03-06-2019, 04:21 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,875,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
No, Ozzy, the reason why so many atheists are still haunted by hell is because their nasty religion got a hold of them when they were young and made hell a primal fear for those people - the same way a person can still be afraid of the dark, or dogs, or bridges, or the basement. It isn't because there's a real monster in the basement that they're afraid. It isn't because there's a boogyman hiding in the dark or because every dog is vicious or because the bridge is going to collapse.
That is a version of religion that I no longer care about. And it's frustrating when so many atheists on this forum want to engage me in that topic.

How many times do I need to explain it to them??

But what I DO believe in is the hell that is created in THIS world, and that is what I believe the Bible teaches, just as it is taught in Buddhism. And that is something that everyone, religious or atheist, can truthfully fear happening to them. Religious faith (whichever kind you choose) can help people with that. And people who are truly helped are a benefit to the world. So I'm sorry that so many atheists can't seem to see any good in Theistic religion.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Yes, we know that trumpian ploy well -- take whatever person x says and then claim the concept as your own, just in reverse.

Reading what christians say on this forum has made me evolve into a much more hard-core atheist than I started out to be a couple of years ago. In fact, YOU are as responsible as anyone for that personal transformation.
I'm not offended at all, because I know where you are coming from, and I hear you clearly because I've been there. I mean only the best for you when I say, PLEASE go down the road you are following. I can't tell you the road to take. You will only know what is down the road if you follow it yourself.

I say that to anyone, theist or atheist.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I'm not offended at all...
If someone told me I was a big reason
they got deeper into being an atheist I would take a loooong, humble look at myself...i mean that deeply...I would... and probably not go outdoors for 3 days.
I would have to overcome shame....and eventually forgive myself...as I forgive others...and, of course, change

Old 03-06-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
If someone told me I was a big reason
they got deeper into being an atheist I would take a loooong, humble look at myself...i mean that deeply...I would... and probably not go outdoors for 3 days.
I would have to overcome shame....and eventually forgive myself...as I forgive others...and, of course, change
Even if I were to see it from that point of view, I still can't let it get to me. I am just responding to atheists anyway. It's a reaction to atheist minds that cause me to say anything they don't like.

From my point of view, atheists are always saying absurd things. I have no choice but to respond in an equally absurd way sometimes.

The really ironic thing is that in the real world, I am more at peace with and get along better with atheists than most people in general would. Sometimes I feel like, when I say something on this forum to atheists, I am trying to express what many people in the real world might be thinking already but would not express in a forum setting, or at least what I imagine they are thinking. In the real world the atheists might see more clearly that I am on their side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality