Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2019, 10:52 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,390,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
The reason why people are driven away is that the forum titles are misleading, sort of like the Christianity and Agnostic forums.

What's preventing you from holding evolution vs. God debates on the A/A forum? .
Because the points is to encourage the Christians in their belief, not to persuade the atheist to change their minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 11:16 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
aint that the truth. I keep hearing ID is not scientific but that tells me they really have no clue to what ID is all about.
Just read the transcript of the Dover trial on ID to see just how non -scientific it is.

Quote:
Because the points is to encourage the Christians in their belief, not to persuade the atheist to change their minds.
That is all part of the game.

Old 03-21-2019, 01:55 AM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Why not take it there then?
because the people I want to discuss it with are in this forum.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:32 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Yes. it is , when you get down to it, a discussion about religious belief, not about science. The trouble is that it often gets into a dispute about what the science actually says. This was probably pointed up best in the Nye - Ham debate (which validated actually debating with Creationists - some had claimed it was a bad move) and the Dover trial that definitively showed that I/D was Creationism and not science.

Since then Creationists have been trying to discredit the findings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYcpzZF7LVo

but the facts are that Behe - the main proponent - was directly questioned on his ID argument and most of his 'witnesses' declined to turn up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2r6_wXJsPM

In case any should doubt that the scientific side presented and explained their case in detail and the judge fully understood the issues or that religion is at the bottom of ID (though, since Dover, Creationists have tried to pretend that it is not) and the claims that Creationist papers are peer - reviwed is dubious. Creationists who happen to be scientists have published some acceptable scientific papers -yes. But not those which are not valid science - which is what Creationism has to do, and had to create their own Peer review journal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPMwDRsfCW8

In order to remove all doubt, this is not about science - it is about Genesis -literalist Creationism pretending to be science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z55oWS5vaUM

I have to labour the point because we see (not too far from here) either ignorance or denial of just how utterly ID was debunked at the trial. So much so that, since then ID has tried to pretend that they are nothing to do with religion and the proponents have been trying to get science redefined as whatever religious authority says it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpL1dmfVoGA

This points out that the 'Peer review journal' cited in the attempt to discredit the Dover court ruling ceased to be in the year of the trial when the strategy became separation of Bible -based creationism and the supposed science of ID

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 03-21-2019 at 03:37 AM..

Old 03-21-2019, 04:16 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,390,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Yes. it is , when you get down to it, a discussion about religious belief, not about science. The trouble is that it often gets into a dispute about what the science actually says. This was probably pointed up best in the Nye - Ham debate (which validated actually debating with Creationists - some had claimed it was a bad move) and the Dover trial that definitively showed that I/D was Creationism and not science.

Since then Creationists have been trying to discredit the findings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYcpzZF7LVo

but the facts are that Behe - the main proponent - was directly questioned on his ID argument and most of his 'witnesses' declined to turn up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2r6_wXJsPM

In case any should doubt that the scientific side presented and explained their case in detail and the judge fully understood the issues or that religion is at the bottom of ID (though, since Dover, Creationists have tried to pretend that it is not) and the claims that Creationist papers are peer - reviwed is dubious. Creationists who happen to be scientists have published some acceptable scientific papers -yes. But not those which are not valid science - which is what Creationism has to do, and had to create their own Peer review journal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPMwDRsfCW8

In order to remove all doubt, this is not about science - it is about Genesis -literalist Creationism pretending to be science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z55oWS5vaUM

I have to labour the point because we see (not too far from here) either ignorance or denial of just how utterly ID was debunked at the trial. So much so that, since then ID has tried to pretend that they are nothing to do with religion and the proponents have been trying to get science redefined as whatever religious authority says it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpL1dmfVoGA

This points out that the 'Peer review journal' cited in the attempt to discredit the Dover court ruling ceased to be in the year of the trial when the strategy became separation of Bible -based creationism and the supposed science of ID
The judge used TWO words to make his determination and those same TWO words if taken the way the judge gave them then not even darwin or neo darwin evolution is science.

I will explain further later, but trans that case happened years ago and biology has grown by leaps and bounds since then and the further it has grown the more and more it shows ID,

Old 03-21-2019, 04:25 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
because the people I want to discuss it with are in this forum.
Are they prohibited from going there?

Start a thread there , leave a link here.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:34 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I do NOT use Creationist arguments but you seem only able to see and respond to them instead of my actual arguments.
Life / none life, the use of the word 'magic' to dismiss probable things you do not like, these are the two you used last.

I have responded to your actual arguments, your constant need to misrepresent this is amusing.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
LMAO one of the last time I spoke with HD he gave me an answer to a evolution question that actually speaks against neo-darwinian evolution and he did not even realize it, so yes mystic he has just enough knowledge to be dangerous.
Translation, I gave you TWELVE arguments refuting why evolution would NOT lead to men raping women. Others also pointed out how stupid was your argument.

We also suggested you take it to the science section, which you never did.

You do not have any knowledge.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
well if science could be used here trans i would challenge you on some of this. Heck you never know we might have ended up in a good conversation like we did last time.

I would however likely have to put a muzzle (put on ignore) your two yaping lap dogs who usually add nothing to our discussion and just ridicule or try and pick a fight just like HD did here.
Proverbs 6:16-19, Pneuma. Even your god hates you. Twice.

But if you think real science is not adding anything, then you must be ignorant of science.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
The judge used TWO words to make his determination and those same TWO words if taken the way the judge gave them then not even darwin or neo darwin evolution is science.

I will explain further later, but trans that case happened years ago and biology has grown by leaps and bounds since then and the further it has grown the more and more it shows ID,
... is STILL a load of BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality