Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2019, 09:03 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,286,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Not in human-time or geologic-time, but in universe-time, everything ultimately decays.
Well I guess you're going to have to tell this Theoretical Physicist that he's wrong and in the process have all college and physics books rewritten.

Although most particles disintegrate [the technical term is “decay”] into other particles, a few types of particles do not. Why not?

Old 04-26-2019, 09:59 PM

63,995 posts, read 40,292,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Well I guess you're going to have to tell this Theoretical Physicist that he's wrong and in the process have all college and physics books rewritten.

Although most particles disintegrate [the technical term is “decay”] into other particles, a few types of particles do not. Why not?
Apparently, Mircea has access to science not available to the rest of us.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:56 AM

611 posts, read 282,340 times
Default Fishing...try to answer your own questions 4 now

That guy’s name was Hoss…Hosses…Hoses…sounded like that ; and was talking to Sodom and Gomorrah… And then I went into a daydream.:

I heard thunder…thunder getting louder…so I go open my window to look…and I see a big dust storm far, far, away; then I realized it was many many horses running like thunder…getting louder…O my God

And Abraham saw two men heading to Sodom and Gomorrah…

That’s what you get for sticking your head through the clouds…silly daydreams that mean “Nothing,” and yet do anything almost.

Old 04-27-2019, 06:27 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,837,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Apparently, Mircea has access to science not available to the rest of us.
Maybe it's the same 'unknown science' that you have access to.
Have a nice weekend, Mystic .

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
That guy’s name was Hoss…Hosses…Hoses…sounded like that ; and was talking to Sodom and Gomorrah… And then I went into a daydream.:

I heard thunder…thunder getting louder…so I go open my window to look…and I see a big dust storm far, far, away; then I realized it was many many horses running like thunder…getting louder…O my God

And Abraham saw two men heading to Sodom and Gomorrah…

That’s what you get for sticking your head through the clouds…silly daydreams that mean “Nothing,” and yet do anything almost.
Keep taking the dried frog pills, Mack.

Old 04-27-2019, 06:45 AM

Quote:

Although Mircea is probably not is (like me ) a proper scientist, I can see that he (or she - I never remember to check ) talking 'sense'. The idea is (or was) that the universe (though entropy) will eventually Run Down; out of puff, and would become a stagnant expanse of inert matter. Even if the particles in it still existed.

The way it looks now is a bit different. Do particles ever decay or continue or get created, or are they all the same, but change, exchange Gluons, combine? Are they anything but points of probability that don't even appear as a particle until humans (or something else, magnetism, a cosmic ray) observes them? Instead of an inert field of what a Genesis = Evolution revisionist might call 'Chaos' waiting for an act of Will yo make a Creation out of space -dust, we have a Nothing full of potential to become particles -just as probability becomes a particle when something observes it...Yes, i know

Don't worry about my feelings if you feel the need to tell me that I am talking layman's' balls; I'm not a scientist either. I'm just a Veteran atheist apologist who needs to have a jack in all trades.

Old 04-27-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Although Mircea is probably not is (like me ) a proper scientist, I can see that he (or she - I never remember to check ) talking 'sense'.
OMG don't be duped like many on CD are.

Trust me he's no scientist...all you have to do is look at the things he posts about Climate Change. Yes he's a denier. Just a glimpse of those posts will reveal a person who does not understand science at all.
Quote:
Don't worry about my feelings if you feel the need to tell me that I am talking layman's' balls; I'm not a scientist either. I'm just a Veteran atheist apologist who needs to have a jack in all trades.
At least you admit you're not formally trained as a scientist vs. trying to tell other formally trained scientists that they have never studied science. That's Mirca's trademark when being called out for his lack of basic scientific understanding.

He does it to anyone who calls him out as seen below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So, in addition to not understanding physics or human biology and a great many other things, we can add philosophy to the list.

The term "the Knower" is commonly used in philosophical discussions and you would know that if you had ever taken a university course in philosophy (and obviously you haven't).

So my questions to Mirca and you are:

1. Does Carbon-12 decay? If you answered yes,
2.What is the half-life of Carbon-12?

Last edited by Matadora; 04-27-2019 at 12:59 PM..

Old 04-27-2019, 12:37 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,637,041 times
Quote:
Maybe it's the same 'unknown science' that you have access to.
Have a nice weekend, Mystic .

Keep taking the dried frog pills, Mack.
maybe mack just twist science to meet his personal statement of belief about religion/god like many others do.

when pure science doesn't fit a personal statement of belief about religious/god just change/make pure science into cloudy science.

you know, so theist can't use it and make atheism harder to sell ... cloudy

Old 04-27-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
OMG don't be duped like many on CD are.

Trust me he's no scientist...all you have to do is look at the things he posts about Climate Change. Yes he's a denier. Just a glimpse of those posts will reveal a person who does not understand science at all.
At least you admit you're not formally trained as a scientist vs. trying to tell other formally trained scientists that they have never studied science. That's Mirca's trademark when being called out for his lack of basic scientific understanding.

He does it to anyone who calls him out as seen below.

So my questions to Mirca and you are:

1. Does Carbon-12 decay? If you answered yes,
2.What is the half-life of Carbon-12?
I'd have to look that one up I know that carbon 14 does - it's how they date organic material (not rocks, unless they contain C14 in situ). C12 is pretty close, and maybe it is unstable, but I always thought that C14 was the only fissionable isotope of Carbon.

Carbon-12 (12C) is the more abundant of the two stable isotopes of carbon (Carbon-13 being the other), (Wiki)
Well there you are. In fact C12 is stable enough to be a basis for measuring other elements. Mircea was surely thinking of C14

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-27-2019 at 01:33 PM..

Old 04-27-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I'd have to look that one up I know that carbon 14 does - it's how they date organic material (not rocks, unless they contain C14 in situ). C12 is pretty close, and maybe it is unstable, but I always thought that C14 was the only fissionable isotope of Carbon.

Carbon-12 (12C) is the more abundant of the two stable isotopes of carbon (Carbon-13 being the other), (Wiki)
Well there you are. In fact C12 ius stable enough to be a basis for measuring other elements. Mircea was surely thinking of C14
Yep and there's a reason life on earth is Carbon based.

Carbon based lifeforms on earth would have never occurred without the stable properties of Carbon-12.

No god required.

Old 04-27-2019, 01:32 PM

Since it is on topic and not quite a science discussion, Carbon is a very abundant element in the cosmos, and is not only stable, but can (I heard) be adapted into many molectular structures - very adaptable. It would be first choice for if one wanted to make life. Or to put it another way, Life was an accident just waiting to happen. In fact what makes me gasp is not how improbable it was that life got started, but how the hell it managed to survive, given all the extinctions, many of which (I would risk a big bet) were the results of meteor-small asteroid impacts resulting in several megatons explosions, followed by enough airborne dust to initiate a life - clobbering Ice age, plus a pretty complete loss of vegetation - no leaves, no Vegan animals, and then no meat eaters. Including Clovis -man.

Luckily animals and man up in the arctic climes anyway were used to survining weather like that and kept the zoo going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality