Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 11:07 AM

611 posts, read 281,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Oh dear The Universe is 99% Unknown or Empty perhaps.Therefore, plenty of room to hide a god.

What it comes down to O faithbrained One, is that we can explain at least a hypothetical evolutionary scenario for Life, the Universe and everything including Instinct, Consciousness, morality and reasoning, and all you can do is stick your fingers in your ears and shout "God!"
whew! enough of that monkey face thinking. Mindless dribble. I think you would be better suited in a cage across from another mindless twit in a cage throwing feces at each other for fun.

Last edited by auralmack; 05-04-2019 at 11:23 AM..

Old 05-04-2019, 11:10 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I thought just maybe you actually related communism to religion somehow.
My mistake in even bothering to address one of your useless posts.
Won't happen again
It did address religion and freedom expression... that's why you zeroed in and offered censoring of a Religion and Spirituallity topic.

Old 05-04-2019, 11:41 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
I have always lived in the Bundesrepublik Deutschland.

W = Fd. You are in no position to talk of people not knowing anything about the sciences, remember.
dude, all you do is spout of one liners.

you couldn't even process the 47 cm on the measuring device. I doubt you even understand what a measurement using a standard really means. I mean past you holding a ruler in your hands.

anti-religious/god iron curtain way of life is a fail. and we need a standing army in the field to stop your type of atheism.

Old 05-04-2019, 11:50 AM

16,798 posts, read 4,996,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
dude, all you do is spout of one liners.
It does not take much to crush your sad assertions.

Quote:
you couldn't even process the 47 cm on the measuring device. I doubt you even understand what a measurement using a standard really means. I mean past you holding a ruler in your hands.
W = F * D was your sad argument, remember?

Quote:
anti-religious/god iron curtain way of life is a fail.
And? This has once again nothing to do with me.

Quote:
and we need a standing army in the field to stop your type of atheism.
So you want to murder ALL people who do not believe in gods? And you called me anti religious.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:52 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,352,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
He said: "I see no reason to suppose that the universe itself is a type of intelligence. In fact the universe seems to be exactly as indifferent to human existence as a rock is indifferent to human existence."

Yet, he is just as much a part, a work, of the Universe as any other thing he can see...and it holds every drop of all the "Intelligence" that you claim as your own. What is an "Intelligent Design" for a Solar System? yet you are looking at it and it is the only real "Intelligently Designed Solar System," that you know...yet, not done by your intelligence...yet, the only original Intelligent Design, is your less intelligent copycat of nothing else.

Matter, matter , matter...how many times will it take you to understand this: We come from the Universe, we exist in the Universe, we return to the Universe. We are the Universe looking back at itself...and if the Universe has any intelligence at all, it certainly does not exist with you.

We are "Cut off from the Universe?" Listen here O Fools, if your "Consciousness" has any "Conscious" at all, it exists in the Subconsciousness that is "Indeed connected to humans," and exists and operates beneath, and or, beyond consciousness; containing the totality of all your mental processes...and here we go again: "A part of the Universe is not a "Nothing" of the Universe!!!!!

God = my known unknown, your unknown unknown, is that 96% from which Energy exists in a body of the Universe of which you know "Nothing," and call it "Nothing," which doesn't exist; and my hypothesis God = Unknown, a word that offends you dearly...go eat dirt!!!!

You present 4% Matter is all their is to life, nothing else? "Nothing." How about the desire to do things, how about the hopes you have, how about what it feels like to look up through the tops of the trees...is not a "Nothing," of Life or this Universe. It is what it is all about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack
Yet, he is just as much a part, a work, of the Universe as any other thing he can see...and it holds every drop of all the "Intelligence" that you claim as your own. What is an "Intelligent Design" for a Solar System? yet you are looking at it and it is the only real "Intelligently Designed Solar System," that you know...yet, not done by your intelligence...yet, the only original Intelligent Design, is your less intelligent copycat of nothing else.
The "intelligent design" for a solar system is entirely natural. Suns and solar systems occur due to quantum mechanics, and the gravity caused by the clumping together of matter... which is caused by quantum mechanics. These things occur entirely by natural means. Because we live in a universe of energy, and energy interacts with itself. One of the forms that energy takes, quite by natural means, is matter. And matter is the stuff of the stars and planets, the sun and the moon, and you and me. No "intelligent design" is required. Your ignorance of the underlying causes of how the universe works doesn't mean that these things haven't already been worked out. Ignorance is a quality that we all possess, when we simply do no know something. Profound ignorance occurs when the knowledge has been presented to us, but we can't be bothered to examine it. Or because it conflicts with answers we have made up and declared to be true (make believe), because we prefer to embrace our make believe.

Allow me to give you a short demonstration of quantum mechanics in action. Tornados:

Here in the USA the conditions are right for a phenomenon called tornadoes. Tornadoes are often called "the finger of God," but in truth they have no connection to anything intelligent. They are caused entirely by the conditions that exist in the American midwest, and the fact that energy interacts with itself. They occur, like everything else in the universe occurs, because of a process called quantum mechanics at work.

The sun is constantly streaming out radiation, which is to say, tiny bits of quanta, some of which is charged either positively or negatively. Because positively and negatively charged particles either attract or repel each other, when these particles strike the earth they cause the earth's molecules to react by moving in response. You have direct evidence of this every time you stand in the sun. Positive and negative bits of radiation from the sun strike your skin, which is composed of bits of matter that is also positively and negatively charged. When the charged particles from the sun strike your skin, the molecules of your skin are forced to adjust (move) in response. This movement is what we detect as heat. The same thing happen to the ground, or to water, when they are bathed in charged particles from the sun. The ground heats up rather quickly. Large bodies of water, like the ocean, heat up more slowly. This creates a disparity. Nature hates a disparity and attempts to correct it. Science refers to this attempt by nature to correct disparity (unbalance) as entropy.

The more southern latitudes, being more directly in line with the sun, receive more of this solar heating. Conversely, the northern latitudes receive less. This is why it is noticeably cooler at the poles then at the equator.

As the sun shines on the Gulf of Mexico, the nice warm tropical Caribbean, the air molecules become more active and spread out, causing the air to become lighter. As you may know, warm air rises. It rises because as the molecules of air spread out, they become less dense in volume and therefore lighter. In the gulf of Mexico however, the sun also causes the waters of the Caribbean to evaporate. The water molecules fill in the spaces between the air molecules more heavily, causing the air to be dense and heavy with water molecules (H2O). We call this humidity, and if you have ever been in any of the southern United States in the summer, most especially Florida, then you have had direct experience with humidity. It's like a sauna in the summer.

Water heats more slowly than the land does however. So air over land masses can heat heat quite rapidly whereas the air over water remains cooler. Disparity! As the warm air inland rises, the relatively cooler humid air over the Gulf is pulled in to fill the vacuum. We refer to this resulting movement of air as "wind," and it has nothing to do with the supernatural. It is an ENTIRELY natural process at work. In the far north over Canada the cool dense air is also pulled towards the vacuum caused by the warm rising air over the mid-section of the US. And here is where tornadoes are born.

When the warm but moisture heavy air from the south meets with the cold air from the north, things can turn violent. The moisture in the warm humid air from the south very quickly condenses and turns into rain. If the cold northern air is below freezing at elevation, when the cold air encounters the heavily moisture ladened air from the south hail (ice) is produced. Not just any hail either. Big chunks of ice fall from the sky large enough to kill. When the naturally warm air from the south is suddenly relieved of its moisture, it instantly becomes lighter, and rapidly rises. The heavier cool air from the north falls into the vacuum caused by the rapidly rising warm air. When the conditions between the cold air mass and the warm air mass are disparate enough, and the abrupt loss of moisture in the warm air is rapid enough, this can cause a violently rotating column of air to form at speeds of several hundred miles per hour.

We call this a tornado. And it has nothing to do with any intelligence. It occurs because there are positively and negatively charged particles (quanta) from the sun constantly bathing the earth. Because oppositely charged particles (quanta) are attracted to each other, while particles (quanta) with like charges are repelled by each other. This is the driving principle behind quantum mechanics, and quantum mechanics is the driving force behind everything that occurs. Quantum mechanics occurs because matter/energy NATURALLY interacts with itself. Positive and negative charges are responsible for the sun, the stars, and the very thoughts in your brain.

Make believe is not involved. Crediting all of this to God or the gods or any supernatural cause at all, yes, that is fictitious. And things which are fictitious can be SHOWN to be fictitious.

In 1994 a tornado hit the Goshen Alabama Methodist Church during Sunday service, causing the walls of the church to collapse. Twenty people died including six children. Why would God allow the deaths of those in His own house of worship, including the most innocent, who were there in the very act of worshiping him, when all He had to do was to prevent the walls from collapsing? The problem is that when put to the test, make believe is invariably unaffected by the harsh realities of real life. If you encounter winds of several hundred miles an hour, and a wall falls on you, make believe does not serve as protection. Even for innocent children. But the truth is, that no god, no supernatural cause, was responsible. What occurred was the result of entirely natural forces at work! It's simply bad luck,i.e., being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Because life is something of a crap shoot.
http://www.nytimes.com/1994/04/03/us...ith-holds.html

The point is, in real life what we actually observe is that when the chips are down and faith is confronted by reality, reality will ALWAYS win out. When the chips are down and a Supreme Being would really REALLY come in handy, God, invisible unknowable but assumed to exist anyway God, will invariably act in exactly the same manner as a God who isn't actually there. In fact a God who refuses to act even in the face of the ultimate crisis of life and death for the most innocent of His followers is a God who corresponds in every way to A GOD WHO NEVER EXISTED TO BEGIN WITH! What exactly is the difference? This is as close to an empirical test for the actual existence of God as one might reasonably hope for. And in these sorts of make or break tests, the result for the question "does God exist," invariably corresponds in every way to a negative finding. That means NO!

Now let me make it clear. God is not to blame for so called "acts of God." Life can be random and capricious. Bad things can happen to people who are simply attempting to be "good." Reality (natural processes at work) is completely indifferent to the needs and struggles of life. Including human lives.

Too much writing? Then by all means, choose to remain ignorant. But at least try to understand why your superstitious arguments have no impact on those who have not chosen superstitious ignorance over actually making an effort to understand what is occurring and why.

Quote:
Matter, matter , matter...how many times will it take you to understand this: We come from the Universe, we exist in the Universe, we return to the Universe. We are the Universe looking back at itself...and if the Universe has any intelligence at all, it certainly does not exist with you.
Yup!

Quote:
We are "Cut off from the Universe?" Listen here O Fools, if your "Consciousness" has any "Conscious" at all, it exists in the Subconsciousness that is "Indeed connected to humans," and exists and operates beneath, and or, beyond consciousness; containing the totality of all your mental processes...and here we go again: "A part of the Universe is not a "Nothing" of the Universe!!!!!
AS I have already indicated, humans are literally an example of the universe attempting to contemplate itself. It seems that humans must go through a superstitious stage of subscribing to make believe, before learning to work out the answers based on what the universe is actually telling us. Then we need to learn to pay attention and stop making up answers that happen to suit us.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
It does not take much to crush your sad assertions.

W = F * D was your sad argument, remember?

And? This has once again nothing to do with me.

So you want to murder ALL people who do not believe in gods? And you called me anti religious.

You guys have to build walls to keep people in harry. Not to keep us out.

yes, harry, it does have something to do with you. You avoid putting your claim up against other claims for a relative validity scale. You won't do it because you feel that theist might use it and make atheism harder to sell.

It is so far in away more valid to claim we are surrounded by life that you have to flat out run away from the notion.

Your sect atheism is a disgrace to the rest of atheist. You sect of atheism is so dangerous we need an army.

harry ... comrade ... if I murdered all non believers I would have to murder myself.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I find it incomprehensible that anyone even mentions communism these days. It is extinct. It ended when the wall came down and the tricolor flag went upon the Kremlin.

Yes, we know. Argument from incredulity. The failure of imagination fallacy.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The divine fallacy is an informal fallacy that often happens when people say something must be the result of superior, divine, alien or supernatural causes because it is unimaginable for it not to be so.[1] A similar fallacy, known as argument from incredulity, appeal to common sense, or personal incredulity,[2] asserts that because something is so incredible or difficult to imagine, it is wrong. Arguments from incredulity are called non sequiturs.[3] Arguments from incredulity can take the form:

I cannot imagine how F could be true; therefore F must be false.
I cannot imagine how F could be false; therefore F must be true.[4]
Arguments from incredulity can sometimes arise from inappropriate emotional involvement, the conflation of fantasy and reality, a lack of understanding, or an instinctive 'gut' reaction, especially where time is scarce
.[5]

We know exactly how this works. 'You are telling me that this beautiful twinkly diamond is no more than old dead plants?'

I suspect there is also a mindset that Cannot allowitself to think in evolutionary terms. It HAS to be made in One Go.
you are just flat out wrong here trans.

you have to answer to your sect's of atheism anti-religious/god dogma.

You guys have to deceive people because you are afraid theist may use some of the science and make atheism harder to sell.

your basically the exact same personality type as the fundy theist.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post

AS I have already indicated, humans are literally an example of the universe attempting to contemplate itself. It seems that humans must go through a superstitious stage of subscribing to make believe, before learning to work out the answers based on what the universe is actually telling us. Then we need to learn to pay attention and stop making up answers that happen to suit us.
the universe thinking about itself?

I am only saying we are part of a living system. The biosphere.

You are saying the biosphere is thinking about the universe?

let me think about this quickly ....

we are the universe doing humans. so the universe is thinking in human terms, at least in small volumes. that may be linked together?

well, to be honest, all I can say is that your statement fits the standard model.

denying your claim based on how I may feel about selling atheism is just dishonest, self centered, and dangerous. I'll leave that to the iron curtain gang sect of atheist.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:58 PM

611 posts, read 281,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
This is a really good question. Humans often postulate various kind of "truths," including philosophical truths and moral truths. In reality these are only opinions however. The only real truths involve the way facts coincide with events. A thing occurred, and the exact events that describe the event represent "the truth." Everything else is an opinion.

One of the most common moral and philosophical truths is that humans should not morder other humans. The reasons for, and benefits from, this sort of "truth" are obvious. And yet we as a society have concluded that the are valid reasons why killing other humans may be acceptable under certain conditions. In self defence or in times of war, for example. In America we even execute people. Executions are nothing more than a legalized form of premeditated murder. Whether such institutionalized murder is right or wrong is a matter of opinion. The execution itself is simply an event however. Details of the event represent truth only if the details record exactly what occurred. Justification for this particular event is a matter of opinion.

So... when you declare that "God exists," you are declaring your personal opinion, since no such "God" (first cause, prime mover, creator Being; whatever conforms to your personal concept of God), is actually observed. Only postulated. If I declare that E=MC², for on the other hand, I have direct proof (nuclear detonations; nuclear power plants) to justify the truth of my statement. The law of conservation of energy was formulated as a result of centuries experimentation and direct observation. Our modern technology, including that computer that you are sitting in front of and that smart phone in your pocket, are a direct result of applying our understanding of quantum mechanics to achieve practical useful results. Modern technology was not developed based on opinion.

Declarations such as "Jesus died for our sins but returned to life and subsequently flew away," on the other hand, or "Jesus is going to return and sit in judgement of humankind when the world ends," are simply opinions founded on baseless declarations and unrealistic beliefs.

Because we have thousands of years of evidence that nothing of the kind has ever occured. Declaring something to be true, or even implicitly believing a thing to be true, has no necessary effect on whether a thing is true or not.

In conclusion, opinion is often mistaken for truth. Especially popular opinion. But opinions are subject to changing overtime. The Bible considered slavery, for example, as simply a natural condition. In modern times however slavery is considered morally repugnant. Slavery has been, officially at least, outlawed worldwide. Opinions change. Because opinions are NOT truths. The exact nature of the way an event occurred (the cause of an event), THAT is an example of "the truth."
Truth has no opinion. Opinions are not the truth, they are only opinions of the truth.

When I say, I believe God exists; that is what I think. When you say No God exists; that's what you think. And I think that is the Truth here. That is what we believe.

"Modern technology was not developed based on opinion;" but yes it was, it all began with different ideas and different opinions and Modern Technology was developed from that. Same way airplanes were developed. One opinion after another until Bingo, In flight Happens.

All I claimed is the word God exists, and that is no personal opinion. Also the word cat exists, not a personal opinion. A fact. A Truth.

Slavery came about as natural as murder did to men...To Men in the Bible, Slavery, bloody sacrifice, and lying...came natural. Don't blame No God for that.

And you claim the word God = Nothing...word doesn't exist; an opinion; an error; yet the word exists and it came from somewhere. Means Nothing to you and you wear yourself out blasting about it.

And you also claim Dark Energy comes from Nothing... from a place or thing that doesn't exist...another opinion.

And I claim Dark Matter comes from the Unknown...another Truth. I don't really know; and I know you don't know. Yet, VERY LOUDLY YOU PROCLAIM YOUR OPINION AS THE TRUTH WHEN IT IS AN IMPOSSIBILITY TO EXPECT ENERGY TO COME FROM NOTHING. NEVER HAPPENS! Evidence of a dead end concept, dead from the start. Take a lot of Nothing and go try to warm your house next winter, see how that works out.

And what you think of as eternal free energy from nothing existing; I think of as eternal renewable energy from something that exists, as being much more reasonable.

SO WHAT?

-

And when we are dealing with words; this is my example of Truth.

Old 05-04-2019, 02:31 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
anti-religious/god iron curtain way of life is a fail.
It's also a Straw Man, since it is a distortion and misrepresentation.

Atheism doesn't require political systems or government to survive, but religion does.

Quote:
and we need a standing army in the field to stop your type of atheism.
Why? What is it you so desperately fear?

I mean, the stink of desperation is overwhelming here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality