Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2019, 08:35 AM

16,798 posts, read 4,996,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
as I have said before harry ol' eastern block chum.
I have always lived in the Bundesrepublik Deutschland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
You don't understand, thats where you need to start.

If you knew anything about the sciences you would understand that I look at people and the mixture of personalities they have. I then predict how those mixtures would express beliefs. Like theism or atheism.

The "meaningless" attack, is merely pointing out to people that we have anti-religous/god in out atheist ranks and we don't have to listen to them. We may have to use them as cannon fodder, but past that we need to keep an eye on them. We need to watch them like we watch nuclear power plants.
W = Fd. You are in no position to talk of people not knowing anything about the sciences, remember.

Old 05-04-2019, 08:35 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
YOU know how the universe works, why not colonize it? The side I'm on, if there such a thing, is anti-communism...no matter how anyone tries to serve/justify it.
This is the religion and spirituality board.
What does communism have to do with anything? Go to the Politics or even maybe, the Philosophy board for that

Old 05-04-2019, 08:55 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
This is the religion and spirituality board.
What does communism have to do with anything? Go to the Politics or even maybe, the Philosophy board for that
Just because you've been here since 2007, looking for evidence, doesn't make you the boss of anything. And I've been asked that question repeatedly, so replied and here you come 'arunning.

Old 05-04-2019, 09:35 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I will just have to assume you had no clue what was being argued and had no answer because this is non-responsive.
It was a response to Old cold's query. You seemed to be doing so well. So you had to stop thinking along with us and stick your fingers in your ears and go into denial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
You are pretending Arach said something profound.
Indeed. Mystic has precious few allies these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This kind of intellectual exploration is beyond what they are comfortable engaging. It requires a level of abstract thinking that seems to make them very uncomfortable and well out of their comfort zones. Normally, I would agree with you because Arq does seem to follow this kind of thinking though he doesn't attribute much value or credit to it. Unfortunately, his latest post belies my normal confidence in his mental acquity.
Fingers in ears; denial. It is clear that you are deprecating anyone who explains using evidence and at least informed scientific explanation, because they do not do faith -based speculation, as you do. It will neither escape attention that you have to chum up with a noted forum asshat as everyone else here seems to have seen through you as clearly as I have.

If follows of course that I am not bothered by what You think of my mental abilities.

so...do I anticipate a 'Wow I sure rattled your bars!" response? Yeah..just in case someone isn't ahead of me.

I post this only because not to do so might give you the mistaken impression that you had scored a point with this dismal ad hom rather than to make yourself look bad.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-04-2019 at 09:59 AM..

Old 05-04-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Just because you've been here since 2007, looking for evidence, doesn't make you the boss of anything. And I've been asked that question repeatedly, so replied and here you come 'arunning.
I find it incomprehensible that anyone even mentions communism these days. It is extinct. It ended when the wall came down and the tricolor flag went upon the Kremlin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle
they can't wrap their head around the notion that atoms move the way do in you because of you "living".

Probably that since the human body is made up of 99% Atoms; and everything in the 4% of the universe is made up of Atoms; and "energy" contains 0% Atoms...the other 96% of the universal body containing no atoms? yet, being a "Body of stuff;" the Atoms in the human body only looks up at the sky, and or, raises his arms up high above his head is doing it because of his own living willpower. Not because the atoms decided anything...and all the Atoms in his human body took off running because: Not their decision. I willed to do; Atoms did what? Yes they did...Why? "Energy." Why does a human body go for a run? The 0% Atoms of "will to run" existed.
----------------------------------------------
Yes, we know. Argument from incredulity. The failure of imagination fallacy.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The divine fallacy is an informal fallacy that often happens when people say something must be the result of superior, divine, alien or supernatural causes because it is unimaginable for it not to be so.[1] A similar fallacy, known as argument from incredulity, appeal to common sense, or personal incredulity,[2] asserts that because something is so incredible or difficult to imagine, it is wrong. Arguments from incredulity are called non sequiturs.[3] Arguments from incredulity can take the form:

I cannot imagine how F could be true; therefore F must be false.
I cannot imagine how F could be false; therefore F must be true.[4]
Arguments from incredulity can sometimes arise from inappropriate emotional involvement, the conflation of fantasy and reality, a lack of understanding, or an instinctive 'gut' reaction, especially where time is scarce
.[5]

We know exactly how this works. 'You are telling me that this beautiful twinkly diamond is no more than old dead plants?'

I suspect there is also a mindset that Cannot allowitself to think in evolutionary terms. It HAS to be made in One Go.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-04-2019 at 10:05 AM..

Old 05-04-2019, 10:05 AM

611 posts, read 281,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
I also said "I see no reason to suppose that the universe itself is a type of intelligence. In fact the universe seems to be exactly as indifferent to human existence as a rock is indifferent to human existence."

Do you understand that you are made up of the same "stuff" as is a rock? And a rock is made up of the same "stuff" that makes up the matter which makes up the universe. We call this stuff "atoms," and atoms are interchangable. Atoms of matter make up rocks and humans and planets, stars and entire galaxies. Humans do have a special trait that rocks and planets and suns do not seem to share, however. And that is sentient consciousness. Humans are very literally the stuff of the universe attempting to contemplate itself. That is about as "special" as I might hope for. Make believe serves no purpose as far as I can see.
He said: "I see no reason to suppose that the universe itself is a type of intelligence. In fact the universe seems to be exactly as indifferent to human existence as a rock is indifferent to human existence."

Yet, he is just as much a part, a work, of the Universe as any other thing he can see...and it holds every drop of all the "Intelligence" that you claim as your own. What is an "Intelligent Design" for a Solar System? yet you are looking at it and it is the only real "Intelligently Designed Solar System," that you know...yet, not done by your intelligence...yet, the only original Intelligent Design, is your less intelligent copycat of nothing else.

Matter, matter , matter...how many times will it take you to understand this: We come from the Universe, we exist in the Universe, we return to the Universe. We are the Universe looking back at itself...and if the Universe has any intelligence at all, it certainly does not exist with you.

We are "Cut off from the Universe?" Listen here O Fools, if your "Consciousness" has any "Conscious" at all, it exists in the Subconsciousness that is "Indeed connected to humans," and exists and operates beneath, and or, beyond consciousness; containing the totality of all your mental processes...and here we go again: "A part of the Universe is not a "Nothing" of the Universe!!!!!

God = my known unknown, your unknown unknown, is that 96% from which Energy exists in a body of the Universe of which you know "Nothing," and call it "Nothing," which doesn't exist; and my hypothesis God = Unknown, a word that offends you dearly...go eat dirt!!!!

You present 4% Matter is all their is to life, nothing else? "Nothing." How about the desire to do things, how about the hopes you have, how about what it feels like to look up through the tops of the trees...is not a "Nothing," of Life or this Universe. It is what it is all about.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:11 AM

611 posts, read 281,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I find it incomprehensible that anyone even mentions communism these days. It is extinct. It ended when the wall came down and the tricolor flag went upon the Kremlin.

The divine fallacy is an informal fallacy that often happens when people say something must be the result of superior, divine, alien or supernatural causes because it is unimaginable for it not to be so.[1] A similar fallacy, known as argument from incredulity, appeal to common sense, or personal incredulity,[2] asserts that because something is so incredible or difficult to imagine, it is wrong. Arguments from incredulity are called non sequiturs.[3] Arguments from incredulity can take the form:

Arguments from incredulity can sometimes arise from inappropriate emotional involvement, the conflation of fantasy and reality, a lack of understanding, or an instinctive 'gut' reaction, especially where time is scarce
.[5]

We know exactly how this works. 'You are telling me that this beautiful twinkly diamond is no more than old dead plants?'

I suspect there is also a mindset that Cannot allowitself to think in evolutionary terms. It HAS to be made in One Go.
No, evidently, I never told you anything anywhere...you are just blowing your own wind...

Old 05-04-2019, 10:12 AM

Oh dear The Universe is 99% Unknown or Empty perhaps.Therefore, plenty of room to hide a god.

What it comes down to O faithbrained One, is that we can explain at least a hypothetical evolutionary scenario for Life, the Universe and everything including Instinct, Consciousness, morality and reasoning, and all you can do is stick your fingers in your ears and shout "God!"

Old 05-04-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
No, evidently, I never told you anything anywhere...you are just blowing your own wind...
Finger in ears denial.Deprecation..the usual. It doesn't matter. It never does. Anyone with their head affixed according to the instructions will know who made the case and who stuck their fingers in their ears and blew a rasperry (or Bronx cheer, as I believe you fellows call it). The others...well, one might as well not post, as they are Not Listening, anyway.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:23 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

.[5]

Communism is very much alive; it's a means to an end. That's why some people are constantly crying for the term to be censored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality