Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 07:03 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times

Advertisements

The ruling class actually LAUGHS at Christians. In fact, I think that they are represented more by atheists and agnostics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 07:06 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
How many black preachers preach against equality for all?

What are their names?
No. I'm not going to slander anyone which is essentially what you are asking me to do.

You could find out yourself more about real Christians of all colors, but you don't care enough about them to even know any of them. I doubt you would resort to even talk to anyone outside of your class.

Old 05-25-2019, 07:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
No. I'm not going to slander anyone which is essentially what you are asking me to do.

You could find out yourself more about real Christians of all colors, but you don't care enough about them to even know any of them. I doubt you would resort to even talk to anyone outside of your class.
My class is human.

What's yours?

You say a lot of silly things, Ozzy. Too bad. I think your heart is in the right place.

The rest of you is askew.

Old 05-25-2019, 07:48 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
It's interesting how you only posted WHITE preachers. There are just as many black and Latino conservative preachers you could have named. Not to mention FEMALE preachers. If anything, white males may not even represent 50% of them.

Evangelical Christianity is a diverse group and represents the heart of working America. It does NOT represent the ruling class.
I didn't realize this discussion was about race. What I listed were the names of religious "leaders" of the sort we're talking about who are well known names.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:07 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Or maybe we wish to simply live and let live instead of having secularism crammed down our throats.
What in the world is "secularism" and how is it being crammed down your throat?

Old 05-25-2019, 08:17 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
What in the world is "secularism" and how is it being crammed down your throat?
I suspect your H&R Block post would exemplify it in Baptist's eyes.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:24 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,758,571 times
Christians over the last few decades have caved in to pretty much every secular and worldly issue that's come up.
Not sure I'd call it evolving, especially since we aren't doing or trying anything that hasn't been done a thousand times before over the millennia.
Fundamentalists? Especially fundamentalists.
Sounds to me like some people are just paranoid.

Old 05-26-2019, 03:22 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:

What are their names?
David Manning

E.W. Jackson

Old 05-26-2019, 06:00 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
It's interesting how you only posted WHITE preachers. There are just as many black and Latino conservative preachers you could have named. Not to mention FEMALE preachers. If anything, white males may not even represent 50% of them.

Evangelical Christianity is a diverse group and represents the heart of working America. It does NOT represent the ruling class.
That's not the point at all You're going off at a tangent - evasion.

Quote:

What are their names?
He's going off at a tangent - evasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I didn't realize this discussion was about race. What I listed were the names of religious "leaders" of the sort we're talking about who are well known names.
He's going off at a tangent - evasion.

Quote:
The ruling class actually LAUGHS at Christians. In fact, I think that they are represented more by atheists and agnostics.
Yes, i think they do. Christianity is very useful to them. But i doubt that they really believe it. Oh, they believe in Something more akin to justification for their group and their authority, and they use Bible as a symbol, but they neither know nor care what's in it.

Old 05-26-2019, 06:08 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Christians over the last few decades have caved in to pretty much every secular and worldly issue that's come up.
Not sure I'd call it evolving, especially since we aren't doing or trying anything that hasn't been done a thousand times before over the millennia.
Fundamentalists? Especially fundamentalists.
Sounds to me like some people are just paranoid.
I think that socially, we have been evolving. It doesn't seem new, because we are still instinctive animals. We know what our ideals are, but we can't put them into practice.

I may be wrong - I may be biased, paranoid and prejudiced. But I reckon that the religious right still put this instinctive thinking as the right way to think. "Atheists should not be citizens or patriots", "Axis of Evil" "Bomb Hanoi". This is all called 'make America Great again'. All the time we don't evolve beyond the primate instincts, we will stay like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality