Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2019, 04:15 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times

Advertisements

Where on earth did I or anybody else make any comments about Your family life or anyone else's? That strawman hadn't a hope of working.

Stepping outside the box does not preclude listening to those who think withing and evaluating what they say. They don't do the same. Their 'evaluations' are strictly within the box and they refuse to hear any evaluations from outside.

I can tell you this as i have explained this to JW's on the doorstep and they evade - they do not give answers. In fact, none of the believers do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 07:54 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
"Refusing to listen to those who stepped outside is an error." Ok, I get that. But it's a two way street. People overwhelming refuse to listen to those who haven't stepped outside. Even refuse to listen to those who stepped in from some other religion who remain JWs. Universally on threads like this if anyone who is a JW offers a different perspective people refuse to listen.
Normally because the JW doesn't make any valid points, to be honest.

Quote:
Take the poster above. This poster knows my kids better than I know them even though I raised them! They must have led "boring lives", "I feel sorry for them"," they were outcasts", etc. But that's not arrogance?
I am not talking about your kids specifically, but about ALL of the kids who are FORCED into being a part of your religion, or be shunned by their family. I do feel sorry for them. I do feel horribly for them for being left out of a lot of normal, kid things because their parents are brainwashed parrots. Sorry if you feel that is arrogant of me.

Quote:
So, we have faith based denial? What would you say about the vitriol by some of these posters? No, there's just no way that JWs could have family lives that are anything but miserable. That's not arrogance? That's not living in denial?
I have never met a happy JW, or even seen one who sounds happy online. Just saying.

Quote:
Maybe some of us don't pay attention to some (and please note "some') who have left because of the hate. Why on earth would people not readily listen to those who say you lie, you're mislead, you're in denial, you're way of life sucks and you're kids suffered. Yet we are arrogant? Really? I have a happy family life. I'm close to my kids and not all of them decided to be baptized.
Why would we listen to those who protect pedophiles, shun their children, and otherwise mentally abuse people to keep them in their religion?

Quote:
As young adults they are well adjusted. I post on this and other threads not for the benefit of the hate based crowd but for those who might come across these threads knowing there's always two sides to a story. However, I would agree with you that some are in denial. I call it hate based denial.
I have never met a well adjusted JW (just because a JW parent thinks their kids are well adjusted, doesn't mean they are), and I have known quite a few. You can claim I am in denial if you want. I am not the one who is part of a religion that prides itself on ignorance, doesn't want to be a part of this world, and protects pedophiles while blaming the molested children..

Old 07-22-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Where on earth did I or anybody else make any comments about Your family life or anyone else's? That strawman hadn't a hope of working.
I believe he is talking about my broad statement about feeling sorry for JW kids. I wasn't speaking about HIS kids, but the kids who are part of the religion. Although I did respond to him claiming his kids got a Nintendo and a bike.... whoopee... I never said anything about his home life, that I am aware of, though.

Old 07-23-2019, 05:53 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Right. It's probably quite true when some claim that they were perfectly happy as JW kids, or even that their kids are happy being JW's. It's same in any religion or indeed in atheism. Some feel the need to leave, so that in itself says nothing about whether it's true or not. The only point otherwise is what happens when the atheists kids decide they want to jo religious. I hope that there wouldn't be any talk about 'leave this house'. And I wouldn't approve of it from any religious house, either.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:59 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeVilley View Post
Kjw47 is going to have major time on his publishers card this month. Auxiliary pioneering? I remember when JW weren't supposed to use the internet.

This is not time on a card. The article was about speaking to apostates on the internet.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Whether on calls it arrogance or honest error, the fault lies in believing what these authorities pronounce as true, and simply waving away anything that disagrees. I know, because I have seen it done on my doorstep and right here. Study 'within the box' of faith is one thing, but refusing to listen to those who stepped outside is an error, whether or not the continued fingers in the ears and loud claims of being right, no matter what anyone says, can be called arrogance or just faith-based denial. Which is what I call it.

Jw,s are trained in every utterance from God. Continuous. We know what the bible teaches.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpuff View Post
God warned all the infants and newborn children in advance? Did he also warn all the newborn children and innocent infants in advance for the flood? According to the Bible....their parents yes. But why would their children perish too? Answer me that please

God showing all. that if they have children, they are responsible for them. When the OT taught, that one would be responsible for theirs fathers sin. It is actually saying. The parents hand the same sins down to their children that they practice. And that is how it works in life, One of satans #1 tools, From generation to generation, parent to child, false god worship and partaking off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21)--They don't even know they are doing it.( 2Cor 11:12-15) The parents in Noahs day didn't know they were living wicked lives in Gods view. There will be a resurrection of the dead. I say God saved those children from living wicked lives that their parents were handing to them. And will have a chance in his kingdom to gain everlasting life.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Then no one is a child of God, because according to that same God, we all sin. More than once, and more than one type of sin, too. There is one thing I do know though.... If your version of God can't see past what I believe in regards to religion/God, and see who I actually am, and what I actually do, then he is a mighty small and petty God. You would think such a being could see who I am, and judge based off of that, right? According to you, he cannot. A god like that is simply not worth the time and effort.

The only "sad" thing here, is how far you are down the rabbit hole of fundamentalist ignorance.

Yes all sin, Some do these-1Cor 6:9-11, Gal 5:19-21--along with false god worship and partaking off the table of demons= 99%
Some do small sins, like a cuss word. But they give their very best not to do those on the 2 lists.
99% partake off the table of demons. many have good hearts, but will not listen to God. Jesus taught--Only those living now to do his Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom.
Those throwing around you are saved or born again are blind guides, run from them.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Yes all sin, Some do these-1Cor 6:9-11, Gal 5:19-21--along with false god worship and partaking off the table of demons= 99%
Some do small sins, like a cuss word. But they give their very best not to do those on the 2 lists.
99% partake off the table of demons. many have good hearts, but will not listen to God. Jesus taught--Only those living now to do his Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom.
Those throwing around you are saved or born again are blind guides, run from them.
If the Kingdom is filled with you guys, I will respectfully have to pass. That sounds more like hell.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:28 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,220,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
God warned them in advance. God owns all of creation and created. He says what is allowed and what is not.
He also warned of Har-mageddon over 1900 years ago. It is drawing close.

As has been said many times. 1914 and 1975 come to mind. I think 1899 was another date for Armageddon.

Last edited by Willamette City; 07-25-2019 at 05:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality