Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2020, 07:01 PM

2,962 posts, read 862,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
Found this on google
C-D forum Militant Atheist Task Force (MATForce™):

TRANSPONDER: "I AM a Militant atheist."
Primary target: Christianity
"If that social grip of the social throat of America by Christianity can be removed, we atheists could put our muskets back in grease. Not beaten into ploughshares [or even plowshares whatever they are], because the price of eternal peace is eternal vigilance."

Rafius: “I am a militant atheist who would love to see religion (read ignorance and superstition) eradicated from the public arena.”
"You see your role as spreading Christianity. We see our role as stopping that spread."

phetaroi: "You are the enemy"
"Most important reason to me is to say to christians -- back off and leave people alone."

Who else is a proud member of MATForce?

Last edited by Iwasmadenew; 02-15-2020 at 07:25 PM..

Old 02-15-2020, 07:04 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
I'll throw one in for good measure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-91oN4Km5U

Old 02-15-2020, 08:20 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Off topic: Arach Angle, I've developed a genuine curiosity about your worldview and would like to understand it better... in whatever level of detail as you'd feel comfortable. It would be off-topic for this thread, though. (If you prefer to avoid the peanut gallery we could chat privately via DMs.)
If you've previously explained your worldview on this forum, let me know where to look for it (e.g. a link, or some keywords to search for). Thanks.
No I don't mind telling anybody everything I know and use.

lol about the iron curtain gang. Does it look like I am even worried about them? They ran away and hid from me for a reason. sure, they say its because I am a meanie, but in realty they know I understand exactly what they are saying and the best way for them to silence me is not to talk to me. That way people can't put their claims side by side with mine.

My view:

Its starting to look like the surface of this planet is better described as "life" more than "non life". I believe many theist are misunderstanding that as a deity thing due to our size relative to the size of the system we are in (I stay only within two light seconds from earth).

Describing the system has some implications to how we are reacting to it. And it responds to us. Describing the system as non life just does not match observations these days. in fact, its almost silly to even suggest starting these conversations with the system around us is non life.

Its far more valid to start these types of discussions with "yes, the system seems alive ... lets get to some of the claims theist and religions make and see how that starting influences the people involved."

But, its a big but, it is not a deity thing and things like the biblegod aren't even close to the best interpretations we have.

Thats my view in a nut shell. Or my brain case if that suits the description one needs.

Old 02-15-2020, 08:52 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
And who are these atheist militants, apart from the many tortured and murdered straw varieties?
Oh no, I am not going down that road again, I would rather build bridges then keep tearing them down.

Old 02-15-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
how does that say a deity did it?

yes, we are part of something more. And if you speak to scientists and ask them "if we are alivem how do we classify the system?" ;listen to their answers. In fact, I ask you to go to a college and ask them that question. Use two methods to ask them. One, let know you are a believer. And two ask them without letting know your are a believer.

see what they say.
Not saying it does AA, but for me it does. you have to remember your still talking to a Christian.

Old 02-15-2020, 08:55 PM

2,962 posts, read 862,840 times
Quote:
No I don't mind telling anybody everything I know and use.

lol about the iron curtain gang. Does it look like I am even worried about them? They ran away and hid from me for a reason. sure, they say its because I am a meanie, but in realty they know I understand exactly what they are saying and the best way for them to silence me is not to talk to me. That way people can't put their claims side by side with mine.

My view:

Its starting to look like the surface of this planet is better described as "life" more than "non life". I believe many theist are misunderstanding that as a deity thing due to our size relative to the size of the system we are in (I stay only within two light seconds from earth).

Describing the system has some implications to how we are reacting to it. And it responds to us. Describing the system as non life just does not match observations these days. in fact, its almost silly to even suggest starting these conversations with the system around us is non life.

Its far more valid to start these types of discussions with "yes, the system seems alive ... lets get to some of the claims theist and religions make and see how that starting influences the people involved."

But, its a big but, it is not a deity thing and things like the biblegod aren't even close to the best interpretations we have.

Thats my view in a nut shell. Or my brain case if that suits the description one needs.
Thanks for explaining. Some follow up questions, if you don't mind...

1-Do you see God as synonymous with the universe and an impersonal force/system?

2-What is the significance of your forum user name?

3-Have you ever experienced anything supernatural or paranormal?

Old 02-15-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Then the unknown are 'unknowns' or un-explained. They are not evidence for a god of any kind, let alone the god of one particular religion.

It only looks as though it is if you start with a belief in a god to begin with.

Until you grasp this (even if you don't accept it) you can never correctly understand the logic of atheism.
Quote:
until we think like tran's brand of atheism we are not true atheist.

yeah ... heard that line of thinking before.

you don't understand us.
Well he does have a point. Unless a person walks in the others shoes they really cannot fully know or understand the others walk. But that works both ways.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
and pnuema ... their type of atheist will deny any science that does not conform to anti-theist.

I mean they point to science as their "savor" but deny it when it offers an explanation to why some theist claims are not that far off base.

they can't see that they are the exact same personality type that we give fundy theist.

They are defined by their statement of belief about god. they are uttler defined by it. science is not.
Ya I see this a lot also.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:11 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post

2-What is the significance of your forum user name?
It means spider archangel

Old 02-15-2020, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Then provide an example of something that exists but does not have properties and behaviors.

I never said something exists that does not have properties and behaviors.

I said we can explain how the law works, but not where the law came from.
What is gravity? don't tell me how it works, tell me what it is.

Quote:
Have you not seen the mathematics and logic I have used?
Mathematics is a science and logic seem to be in the eye of the beholder.

Quote:
That is not scientism. Believing science will come up with the answer does not mean they are only relying on science.
Scientism is the promotion of science as the best or only objective means by which society should determine normative and epistemological values.

Surely you have heard this before, the supernatural is only something science has yet to explain.

So you can duck the issue all you like but when it comes down to it your worldview is one of scientism. You don't like that because it puts you on the same footing as the Christian.

Quote:
But once again you are attacking naturalism (and failing) without providing any evidence for your god.
Because I disagree that naturalism has all the answers, you consider that as an attack on naturalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality