Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 01:36 PM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
FYI, the writings in the Bible aren’t the original writings of Luke or John. Especially, Revelations. That was a dream John had. Most of what Luke wrote was re-written by the early leaders of the churches who wrote the Bible.

As I posted over ten years ago... there was no Virgin Mary. Jesus’ mother was married to Joseph and then along came Jesus.

What I love about my beliefs is that they make sense!
You do make a lot more sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 01:39 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
Let me see if I've got things straight, with so many variables in play...

The parts about burning in everlasting agony, the eternal nature of hell, and satan/devil/fallen angels... are all myths.

But the part about hell being a temporary place of suffering (but not burning) where bad people go to negotiate forgiveness (wherepon they presumably leave the darkness for the light)... is true.

I'm afraid to ask, but how do we (or at least you) know these things??
Shall we open a Book on it? (not the Bible ) offering odds of:
'It makes sense' 3 to 1 on
'God told me' 20 to 1.
'Spirit writings' 2 to 1.

Old 09-10-2019, 01:53 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
But you understood the point nevertheless.

...and you know this how?
From volumes one and two of True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus... first published 79 years ago.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
Let me see if I've got things straight, with so many variables in play...

The parts about burning in everlasting agony, the eternal nature of hell, and satan/devil/fallen angels... are all myths.

But the part about hell being a temporary place of suffering (but not burning) where bad people go to negotiate forgiveness (wherepon they presumably leave the darkness for the light)... is true.

I'm afraid to ask, but how do we (or at least you) know these things??
See my previous post. I believe in the teachings of Jesus which were communicated by way of automatic writing through a Washington, DC attorney, James Padgett, who was told he was a medium. These writings were done from 1914 through 1920. Well worth the read.

This is my friend’s website:

Truth for all people

Old 09-10-2019, 02:58 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
See my previous post. I believe in the teachings of Jesus which were communicated by way of automatic writing through a Washington, DC attorney, James Padgett, who was told he was a medium.
"Special people" are red flags.

Any god who cannot communicate to the entire population is not worthy of worship or adulation.

So-called gods who communicate only through "special people" -- and it's no surprise these
"special people" are complete nobodies in the grand scheme of things -- are indicative of cults.

When I was in Iraq, how successful do you think I'd be if I only communicated the regiment's operational plans to some lowly Private (E-2) from Idaho that no one even knows?

And this Private is supposed to tell the squadron and troop commanders?

It's a lot more efficient and things work better if I just call a meeting and tell the squadron and troop commanders where they need to be and when, and what support they will have.

Your god is not very intelligent.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
"Special people" are red flags.

Any god who cannot communicate to the entire population is not worthy of worship or adulation.

So-called gods who communicate only through "special people" -- and it's no surprise these
"special people" are complete nobodies in the grand scheme of things -- are indicative of cults.

When I was in Iraq, how successful do you think I'd be if I only communicated the regiment's operational plans to some lowly Private (E-2) from Idaho that no one even knows?

And this Private is supposed to tell the squadron and troop commanders?

It's a lot more efficient and things work better if I just call a meeting and tell the squadron and troop commanders where they need to be and when, and what support they will have.

Your god is not very intelligent.
Well, you’re referring to Jesus and his disciples. Actually, in the 1700’s, Jesus tried working with Emmanuel Swedenborg, however, the mission failed. So it took Jesus over 200 years to work with Padgett. It wasn’t easy in the beginning, because Padgett believed Jesus was God... which he ish’t. Eventually, he accepted the fact.

Old 09-10-2019, 09:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Well, you’re referring to Jesus and his disciples. Actually, in the 1700’s, Jesus tried working with Emmanuel Swedenborg, however, the mission failed. So it took Jesus over 200 years to work with Padgett. It wasn’t easy in the beginning, because Padgett believed Jesus was God... which he ish’t. Eventually, he accepted the fact.
How many moons surround your planet?

Old 09-10-2019, 09:31 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:
Looks like he wasn’t in any great hurry. Did further revelation not matter to the 6 generations that lived and died in the interim?

Old 09-11-2019, 12:08 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
From volumes one and two of True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus... first published 79 years ago.
Ah! Yet another cult.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Shall we open a Book on it? (not the Bible ) offering odds of:
'It makes sense' 3 to 1 on
'God told me' 20 to 1.
'Spirit writings' 2 to 1.
Haha. They’re for the curious amongst us who want to know what in the world is going on here? Who and what is God? Do we have a soul? If so, what is it? Why were we even created? What’s the real story of Adam and Eve? Who is Jesus? Did he die on the cross to save our sins? (Hint: h-e-double toothpicks NO!) What happens when we die? Where do we go from here?

There’s a lot to ponder and the information is eye-popping! It’s two volumes of Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality