Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 12:15 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
If they’re in darkness (hell), they’re not invited to the party.
...and you'd be perfectly happy partying knowing that say, your children, were burning in everlasting agony whilst you are sipping your Moet et Chandon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 06:34 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and you'd be perfectly happy partying knowing that say, your children, were burning in everlasting agony whilst you are sipping your Moet et Chandon?
Oh, you should know my daughter believes as I do... so no worries there.

Besides, there is no such thing as burning in everlasting agony. That's a myth.

Hell is darkness and may I add... suffering while you're there.

Now hear this!

Hell is not eternal.

It is a temporary place where the wayward go to face their sins. Once they seek God and ask for forgiveness... they can get outta there!

Old 09-10-2019, 06:51 AM

3,803 posts, read 2,999,052 times
Quote:

Now hear this!

Hell is not eternal.

It is a temporary place where the wayward go to face their sins. Once they seek God and ask for forgiveness... they can get outta there
!
Well, that's a bit different to the Eternal Hell with no way out, or the Annihilation viewpoint.
Not that different to Purgatory in a way, or is it a Universalist stand?

Old 09-10-2019, 07:06 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:

Now hear this!

Hell is not eternal.

It is a temporary place where the wayward go to face their sins. Once they seek God and ask for forgiveness... they can get outta there!
That is brilliant. I cannot think why God (prior to creation) didn't pass that knowledge onto the religious writers and save all the angst and grief about hellthreat. I mean, he told you, why the heck could he tell Luke or John? I mean, before they got to heaven and started sending spirit messages back.

Old 09-10-2019, 07:48 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
That is brilliant. I cannot think why God (prior to creation) didn't pass that knowledge onto the religious writers and save all the angst and grief about hellthreat. I mean, he told you, why the heck could he tell Luke or John? I mean, before they got to heaven and started sending spirit messages back.
It's that darn puckish sense of humour the OT god-thing has. Remember that thigh-slapper about declaring itself pleased that all it created was good?

And then, a little later, announced it was just kidding and here come da' flood.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Well, that's a bit different to the Eternal Hell with no way out, or the Annihilation viewpoint.
Not that different to Purgatory in a way, or is it a Universalist stand?
I don’t know the Catholic faith, so can’t comment on purgatory.

Here’s another revelation:

There’s no devil, Satan, Lucifer, fallen angel... or any other leader of Hell... or any devilish spirit who is in charge of bringing chaos to earth.

The only spiritual warfare is that inside the souls of each spirit.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
FYI, the writings in the Bible aren’t the original writings of Luke or John. Especially, Revelations. That was a dream John had. Most of what Luke wrote was re-written by the early leaders of the churches who wrote the Bible.

As I posted over ten years ago... there was no Virgin Mary. Jesus’ mother was married to Joseph and then along came Jesus.

What I love about my beliefs is that they make sense!

Old 09-10-2019, 10:53 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
But you understood the point nevertheless.

Quote:

Now hear this!

Hell is not eternal.

It is a temporary place where the wayward go to face their sins. Once they seek God and ask for forgiveness... they can get outta there
...and you know this how?

Old 09-10-2019, 12:35 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
I don’t know the Catholic faith, so can’t comment on purgatory.

Here’s another revelation:

There’s no devil, Satan, Lucifer, fallen angel... or any other leader of Hell... or any devilish spirit who is in charge of bringing chaos to earth.

The only spiritual warfare is that inside the souls of each spirit.
Quote:
FYI, the writings in the Bible aren’t the original writings of Luke or John. Especially, Revelations. That was a dream John had. Most of what Luke wrote was re-written by the early leaders of the churches who wrote the Bible.

As I posted over ten years ago... there was no Virgin Mary. Jesus’ mother was married to Joseph and then along came Jesus.

What I love about my beliefs is that they make sense!
I had no idea that we agree on so much. If you just put "Luke" and "John" in quotes.

Old 09-10-2019, 01:29 PM

1,402 posts, read 477,717 times
Quote:

Now hear this!

Hell is not eternal.

Let me see if I've got things straight, with so many variables in play...

The parts about burning in everlasting agony, the eternal nature of hell, and satan/devil/fallen angels... are all myths.

But the part about hell being a temporary place of suffering (but not burning) where bad people go to negotiate forgiveness (wherepon they presumably leave the darkness for the light)... is true.

I'm afraid to ask, but how do we (or at least you) know these things??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality