Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 08:51 PM

764 posts, read 1,422,307 times

Advertisements

Circle friends,
I hope you are all having a good evening and had a good day. Blessings to all of you on this Tuesday evening.

pnc66
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 03:05 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post
Circle friends,
I hope you are all having a good evening and had a good day. Blessings to all of you on this Tuesday evening.

pnc66
pnc66, it is good to hear from you and marriage must agree with you. Usually this is the time of year when there are lot of things being done outdoors, especially now that the weather has turned warm, so not a lot of time is going to be spent conversing on the computer and that's understandable, after a long day of working outdoors and doing things around the house ones not always up to doing a lot of other things except relaxing but it is good to hear from others from time to time and to know that we are still here, so enjoy the warm weather and thank you Creator for another year.osay

Old 06-02-2010, 07:16 PM

360 posts, read 444,618 times
Well hello! I don't think I fully understand the purpose of the circle. You said in the original post to discuss religion or non-religion without animosity -- but it seems here we're focusing more on just life in general? Well, that's fine.

I'm just lurking about here. School was out today and I'm free of my first year of high school. I can't wait for school to start back up again (I live in another town from it so I don't see my school friends often) and yet I wish summer would be nice and slow and laid back and just take about forever.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:14 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
welcome Ohioan Kid

how do you focus on life without a faith or a faith without a life? Can they be separated?

Old 06-02-2010, 08:41 PM

360 posts, read 444,618 times
Goodpasture, I see what you mean, I think: religion permeates every part of our lives, so by talking about life in general we are also talking about religion indirectly?

I guess so. It's true, too: I mentioned I was out of school today, and I go to a Catholic school where we have Mass every Sunday.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:44 AM

764 posts, read 1,422,307 times
I'm sitting outside in my back yard enjoying a morning cup of coffee and breakfast before I have to go to work. I'm watching a squirrel run across the roof of my house, listening to doves cooing, and listening to the sounds of the city waking up (there is a major freeway right behind my house on the other side of a sound wall). This gives me a chance to thank the Creator for my many blessings.

It dawned on me this past winter that I don't need to "go away" to a remote area to enjoy nature and reconnect with it when all I have to do is to walk outside of my house. So this year, no matter the weather (unless it's absolutely storming outside), I am trying to spend as much time outside as possible. It helps to renew my spirit and keeps me grounded.

I hope you all have a great day! Hopefully the weather where you all will cooperate so you can get outside and enjoy a little bit of nature today, even if it is just for a few minutes.

Blessings to all...
pnc66

Old 06-04-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioanKid View Post
Goodpasture, I see what you mean, I think: religion permeates every part of our lives, so by talking about life in general we are also talking about religion indirectly?

I guess so. It's true, too: I mentioned I was out of school today, and I go to a Catholic school where we have Mass every Sunday.
I think you will find that members of this circle really don't do "religion."

Religion are the rules that have grown up around a persons faith. These rules tend to institutionalize something that I feel should NOT be part of an institution. Jesus taught a personal relationship with God. The Native Americans and the various Pagan faiths all teach a relationship with the Creator. These are not separate thoughts or independent developments. The problem is that with the denominations that have grown up around Jesus' teachings rules have been incorporated that actually prevent you from developing that personal relationship with the Creator/God.

But once you have that personal relationship established it is everpresent. It is not an isolated "thing" that you do or attend. It is as much a part of you as your skin or your hair........maybe not hair, you can lose that as you get older........a true relationship can't be lost like that.....it doesn't fall out or off.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:09 PM

Today, once again, I sit in the surgical waiting room. Once more we are dealing with cancer. She will have been there for five hours if they came to tell me she is in recovery. Apparently polyps of some sort were "growing" and with her history of cancer they felt it best to remove them and some lymph nodes. She is so tired of being ill, of undergoing treatments. She began her first insulin shots two weeks ago.

If my friends can find it in them, I would ask for your prayers, thoughts and blessings...........as she is pagan, I will quote a pagan rune.............

I am bowing my head
In the eye of the Mother who gave me birth,
In the eye of the Maiden who loves me,
In the eye of the Crone who guides me in wisdom,
In friendship and affection.
Through thy gift of nature,
Bestow upon us fullness in our need.
Love towards the Lady,
The affection of the Lady,
The laughter of the Lady,
The wisdom of the Lady,
The passion of the Lady,
The blessing of the Lady,
And the magic of the Lady
To do in the world

As the Ageless Ones do

Each shade and light,
Each day and night,
Each moment in kindness,
Grant us Thy Peace

Old 06-09-2010, 05:47 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
My brother, know that my prayers are with her and that I offer up a sacred prayer to the Creator to watch over both of you during this tumultuous time and know that I offer up a prayer of healing.osay

Old 06-10-2010, 03:15 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,196,822 times
Goodpasture, I am an atheist (and not sure that I even belong on this thread), but I sincerely hope that a good outcome is in the offing. I like that Pagan rune quite a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality