Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 11:39 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,196,822 times

Advertisements

That is truly regrettable information concerning Miss Blue. I won't pray because I am an atheist, but I will certainly keep her in my thoughts and hope for the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 08:28 AM

63,845 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
That is truly regrettable information concerning Miss Blue. I won't pray because I am an atheist, but I will certainly keep her in my thoughts and hope for the best.
Same thing, my friend.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:03 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,045,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Miss Blue and others,
It is not the doing of charity before others is the good thing, or tell others you do so and so;
neither is it good to do the charity for the sake of anyone other than God; eventhough you congratulate each other; if not the charity be for the sake of God alone and seeking His good-pleasure, man will not be rewarded.

humanity helping humanity is never a bad thing. I think this circle is to come and sit and be free to speak and not be corrected.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:11 AM

I will sit here for a while and leave the other forums so I can fill myself with peace again as I do not want to build a wall against other people that hate me simply because I am a Jew, but I want to strive to understand others and teach my children to see the good in others. I constantly pray that one day we will all sit side by side in mutual understanding and respect. I think once the heart hardens there is no hope.

Shalom
Peace

Old 07-19-2010, 01:54 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,196,822 times
Jazzymom: I don't hate you, either for being a Jew or for any other reason. As a nontheist, I can only hope for like treatment. I find your posts to be insightful, including the one above.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:14 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I concur. Miss Blue is one of C-D's most precious assets and my thoughts and most positive vibes are on their way via the ether... I hope she and her family are safe and well . She is such a lovely, lovely Lady.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:18 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,841,010 times
Red face I wish Miss Blue a vision to success.

What is good is freely unchosen for the good pickle we are in.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:42 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I will sit here for a while and leave the other forums so I can fill myself with peace again as I do not want to build a wall against other people that hate me simply because I am a Jew, but I want to strive to understand others and teach my children to see the good in others. I constantly pray that one day we will all sit side by side in mutual understanding and respect. I think once the heart hardens there is no hope.

Shalom
Peace

Jazzymom, let me offer you these words of wisdom in the form of a Tsalagi prayer: Creator, help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence.

Sometimes when we engage in a debate with others we often forget that we are humans with feeling, feeling that can be hurt very easily on both sides and we need to step back and take a deep breath and realize this so that we don't get caught up in the heat of the moment and say something that later on we wish we had'nt, there are times that we are all guilty of saying something that we wish we had not, even I have done that, but at the same time I can be humble enough to offer an apology, it is understandable that we all have different ideas on how things should be and that is because we are all different and that is good, but we must also understand that we are all equal and we are all entitled to our opinion with respect to others.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Jazzymom, let me offer you these words of wisdom in the form of a Tsalagi prayer: Creator, help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence.

Sometimes when we engage in a debate with others we often forget that we are humans with feeling, feeling that can be hurt very easily on both sides and we need to step back and take a deep breath and realize this so that we don't get caught up in the heat of the moment and say something that later on we wish we had'nt, there are times that we are all guilty of saying something that we wish we had not, even I have done that, but at the same time I can be humble enough to offer an apology, it is understandable that we all have different ideas on how things should be and that is because we are all different and that is good, but we must also understand that we are all equal and we are all entitled to our opinion with respect to others.
What a wonderful prayer!

The deep breath is much needed and yes we are all equal and entitled to our opinion with respect to others. Thank you

Old 07-19-2010, 07:53 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,280,448 times
Just by way of letting everyone know: I spoke with Miss Blue tonight, and it sounds as though she and other family members are taking things in stride. She is still in her house, and indicated that lots of the family members and grandkids were there helping out with the cleanup. It was so good to know that she is safe, and to hear that wonderful "Miss Blue laughter." She is a dear lady, indeed!

Please continue to keep her and her loved ones in your thoughts and prayers, as it sounds like there is much to do and contend with after the receeding of the flood waters....But for now, she sounds like she is doing okay.

~June
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality