Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2010, 08:52 AM

764 posts, read 1,422,307 times

Advertisements

We survived some strong storms over the past week, one of which tore a large limb from a willow tree in my front yard. That poor tree has been losing its limbs ever since Hurricane Ike hit a couple of years ago. For a while, our street (which never floods) turned into a river with the water coming up about half way into the yards in some places. I discovered my house and the ones on either side of me are at the high point in the street. I do so feel for Miss Blue and what all she is going through to clean up after her house being flooded - even if she does get to redecorate like Goodpasture mentioned.

My other big news this week is that I'm now a proud grandma! My son and his girlfriend gave birth to a healthy baby boy. With all the craziness going on in the Circle members' lives, it is nice to share some happy news.

Many blessings to all of you!
pnc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 04:26 PM

251 posts, read 423,466 times
Moderator cut: deleted - inappropriate for this thread

june 7th convey to Miss Blue I wish her safety and security Praise be to God for her safety

Last edited by june 7th; 07-23-2010 at 07:05 PM..

Old 07-23-2010, 04:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
It's been awhile since I've been here but I am in desperate need of some love and respect! I feel I have taken a beating on one of the other threads! I just love coming here. So calm and peaceful.
Congrats to everyone with good news! My best wishes for a speedy clean up job for those who have been in the storms!
Love, peace, and happiness to all!!!

Old 07-23-2010, 05:57 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Miss Blue, it's good to know that you and your family are safe and that you are in the process of cleaning up and as Goodpastuer said, now's an opportunity to get some of the things that you wanted to have done, it's unfortunate that it was done in such a manner though.

Dewdrop, sometimes one has to step back away from the fray and take a respite and heal the wounds that one has accumulated and it also gives one a chance to reflect on past encounters, sit and rest and enjoy the peace and quiet.

pnc66, congratulations on becoming a proud grandma, and the circle of life continues, it is good.

june7th, would like to thank you for alerting us to this situation with Miss Blue and don't make you sell such a stranger in the circle here, stop by often.

imanway, it is good to see you back again and yes this is a place of tolerance and respect for all, one thing in particular is that the sacred circle belongs to everyone here who participates, I am merely the individual that started it and at that point it no longer was mine exclusively, this is just as much your sacred circle as it is everyone else's who sits in it.

I send prayers up to the Creator of us all, that there will come a time that all of the human race can sit together as one in tolerance, understanding, respect, and peace.osay

Last edited by ptsum; 07-23-2010 at 06:07 PM..

Old 07-23-2010, 08:38 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post
My other big news this week is that I'm now a proud grandma! My son and his girlfriend gave birth to a healthy baby boy.
Being gramps is so much fun I wish I had done that first..............Congratulations (as though you had anything to do with it...........)

Old 07-24-2010, 01:17 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Dewdrop, sometimes one has to step back away from the fray and take a respite and heal the wounds that one has accumulated and it also gives one a chance to reflect on past encounters, sit and rest and enjoy the peace and quiet.
Very wise words. Thank you so much! I can't say that I'm going to have much rest and peace and quiet ahead of me in the next couple of days - but I think a step back will be very helpful! At least a step back from certain threads.

I will have some peace and quiet next week though - that will be nice!

Old 07-24-2010, 06:22 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Very wise words. Thank you so much! I can't say that I'm going to have much rest and peace and quiet ahead of me in the next couple of days - but I think a step back will be very helpful! At least a step back from certain threads.

I will have some peace and quiet next week though - that will be nice!
Come visit Oklahoma for a couple of weeks, we have more peace and quiet than we can possibly use. In fact, if we can figure out a way to bottle it, we would probably try to export it to places like New York and Chicago.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:11 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
I haven't been able set in the circle for a while, so there was a lot to catch up on. Miss Blue, sorry about the flooding, hope everything is going ok for you and you are getting things together ok. Pnc, congratulations. dewdrop, when you need a quiet moment, just drop in here and read or reread a few of the posts. I have found many wise and wonderful words here. Hope you do to.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:54 AM

764 posts, read 1,422,307 times
Thank you all for the warm congratulations

Goodpasture - your posts above made me smile - thanks! I can't rep you again though.

Like Dewdrop, I too need to step back from a thread that got my ire up and spend some time rereading some of the wonderful posts here.

Masonsdaughter, it's good to see you back! I hope things are going well for you. Did you get any of the same flooding that Miss Blue did? I have another friend who lives in Louisville but her family is in Olive Hill, and she was telling me they also got a lot of flooding - it seems to be hitting Eastern KY pretty bad

Miss Blue, I hope your clean-up is going well.

June 7th, It is good to see you here. I always enjoy your posts.

Ptsum - again, thank you very much for starting this circle.

Blessings,
pnc

Old 07-26-2010, 11:44 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
With peace, goodwill, and humility...I enter the sacred circle.

I believe in a Creator that is the Source and Essence of everything...and embrace the message of unconditional love, peace, and mercy toward all, passed down through the ages in the legend of the man called Jesus Christ. I belong to no church or formal religion...I respect all beliefs and concepts, and the right for all to hold them.

Yesterday, in another thread, ptsum bestowed his wisdom upon me. He lead me to the knowledge of something that I was completely unaware of...it taught me greatly...and moved me very deeply.

I owe him a great debt of gratitude.

I offer my sincere prayers and blessings...to ptsum, for his imparting me with invaluable knowledge...to all those that have entered the circle...and to the Spirits of the men that founded the country I live in.

I pray for the peace, contentment, and well being, of all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality