Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 07:26 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The American Red Cross has set up shelters in various communities. You can donate to the Red Cross Disaster Relief fund here, and the organization also suggests giving blood at your local hospital or blood bank.
If you want to send a $10 donation to the Disaster Relief fund via text message, you can do so by texting the word REDCROSS to 90999. As in the case with other donations via mobile, the donation will show up on your wireless bill, or be deducted from your balance if you have a prepaid phone. You need to be 18 or older, or have parental permission, to donate this way. (If you change your mind, text the word STOP to 90999.)
Good advice my Friend.

Prayer is always good, but that does not alleviate us from what we each must do from our own resources.

Let us all pray or offer thoughts of condolences, but lets us also remember that often the answer to our prayers begins with what we each can do with our hands.

A donation to help is a good way to pray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 07:52 PM

18,224 posts, read 25,871,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Just hard a rumor that the second elementary school that was hit has 25 fatalities.......this tornado was wider, probably more powerful, and quicker than the Joplin tornado. In 1999 Moore had a similar event......a lot of the same houses got hit. But Moore had 20-30 minutes warning last time....still 48 people died. Moore is larger now, has a lot more people, but this time they had less than 8 minutes warning. the death toll is going to climb rapidly.
I remember that tornado Goodpasture. I had my bedroom radio on KOMA (now KOKC) until 11p.m. that night listening to the reports (that big 50,000 watt booming signal goes across mountain ranges) I'd already made plans on making a trip through there to visit friends in the Ardmore area and also Dallas. I went through OKC and Moore a week or so after the tornado hit. The damage was unreal. Just unreal.

A couple posters have made a good point regarding help. Donate if you can to your area Red Cross and your Salvation Army.

I am just floored by the intensity of the storms over the last couple days in the Sooner state. And tomorrow looks to be another rough day.

Thoughts and prayers to the good folks down there.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:43 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Give money and/or give blood, as I'm sure they will both be needed.
Text STORM to 80888 for Salvation Army. Text REDCROSS to 90999 for Redcross. Text FOOD to 32333 for Reg. Food Bank for OKC Tornado

If you want to donate on-line to the animals from OKC and those coming into the shelter from other areas who need medical or other care after these tornadoes, please go to www.okc.gov/animalwelfare and follow the link to the Donation Station. You can choose from a variety of donation options, including the Angel Fund, which pays for medical care for animals needing care. Thank you on their behalf!

Old 05-20-2013, 08:56 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,696,862 times
Quote:
Text STORM to 80888 for Salvation Army. Text REDCROSS to 90999 for Redcross. Text FOOD to 32333 for Reg. Food Bank for OKC Tornado

If you want to donate on-line to the animals from OKC and those coming into the shelter from other areas who need medical or other care after these tornadoes, please go to www.okc.gov/animalwelfare and follow the link to the Donation Station. You can choose from a variety of donation options, including the Angel Fund, which pays for medical care for animals needing care. Thank you on their behalf!
Thanks for that info. Though I've already contributed, I hope others will use these to help those in need.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:14 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:

We all pray for those in this tragic devastation in Moore,Ok. and surrounding areas, we pray for the victims, and parents and children that have become victims. It's going to take a lot of time for this town and surrounding areas to rebuild and they will need our support prayers. My wife and I have made a substantial donation to the American Red Cross to help in that effort and I encourage all that can to do the same, these are our families, our human family and we should whenever possible help as much as we can.wa-do.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:19 PM

Oklahoma Strong t-shirts from Firelake Designs will help tornado victims - Citizen Potawatomi Nation

Old 06-01-2013, 02:03 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
JUNE: Green Corn Moon,Tihaluhiyi.

First signs of the " corn in tassel", and the emerging of the various plants of the fields. People traditionally began preparations for the upcoming festivals of the ensuing growing season. People of the AniGadugi Society begin repairs needed on town houses, family homes and generally provide for the needy.The AniGadugi Society is a volunteer help group who see to the needs of the less fortunate, the elderly and the infirm of the villages.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:03 PM

~In a sense, the Cherokee do not distinguish past, present, and future tenses...all existence since the beginning of time is here with us now. The ancestors are living beings in spirit that are here to teach us in this life and includes plants, trees, and even rocks....~
~Meditations with the Cherokee~

Old 06-08-2013, 05:53 PM

unmitigated gall........
Jacobs: Those With Native American/Indigenous Heritage Must Repent - YouTube

Quote:
Cindy Jacobs says that those with Native American or indigenous heritage must renounce and repent for their ancestor's worship of pagan spirits.
If you have ndn blood you should repent? Seriously?

Old 06-08-2013, 07:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
I don't know that woman. Is she supposed to be someone of importance?

She doesn't seem worthy of my Google time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality