Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,898,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I have found that all true words from the Creator oral or written do not call for the harming of any innocent beings, destruction of land or disrespect of neighbors.
Do you believe these are the words of your creator?

Quran [9:5] And when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 12:51 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Do you believe these are the words of your creator?

Quran [9:5] And when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush.
Yes, those are the words of Allaah(swt) one of his names being Al-Khaliq (The Creator)

That is not a command to us it was a command to Allaah(swt)'s Angels. Surah 9 was directed to the Idolators and is about a treaty offered to the Idolotors that were preventing the Muslims from worshiping

They were given Until the end of the Holy Months to either keep out of Mecca or Honor the treaty.

If they did not agree to the treaty and re entered Mecca it would be considered an attack and an act of war by them. And they would be seen and treated as attacking invaders. (The Holy Months are the First, Third, Ninth and 12th months of the Calender, it takes a full calender year to complete all four of the Holy Months) In the Surah Allaah(swt) was telling the idolators that he was commanding his Angels to seek out and kill all the invaders on Mecca if they did not stop and honor the treaty.

The Idolators did agree to keep out of Mecca and as a result of this surah bloodshed was avoided.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:36 AM

580 posts, read 965,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Who will sit with me in the sacred circle of peace, harmony and understanding.
Among my culture we have a tradition that has existed for centuries.

Whenever we come together to discuss things of great importance it is always done within the sacred circle. Anyone is welcome to come and sit within the sacred circle and participate in the discussions, however all animosity, hatred and prejudice are left outside of the sacred circle, these things are not allowed within its confines and each individual who steps within the sacred circle is expected to help govern it and be responsible to see to it that peace, harmony, and understanding prevail within the sacred circle.

So now my brothers and sisters, I invite you to step within the sacred circle and tell us about your beliefs or non-beliefs without criticism or animosity to one another.

Remember, all are welcomed here who come with a good heart.
First off, I'd like to say, I like this thread.
Second, I may be a little conflicted about my beliefs. Maybe I have my own that are taken from different places. Maybe its just my agnosticism and skepticism about the divine and everything. This is what I can say:
1. I believe there might be some kind of divine force ruling the universe but, at the same time, there might not be.
2. I believe Jesus, Moses, many of the biblical people must have existed (in some form or another). There is archaeological evidence for some but others not so much.
3. I believe the same for the prophets in Islam and many other ancient religions. Whether or not any of the people in numbers 2 or 3 were divine, I haven't figured that out yet. I wasn't alive during the times in which the the stories take place.
4. Considering how many famous scientists birthdays line up with other's death days, it is possible that reincarnation to exist. Besides, I like to think, if we do good in this world, God or whoever is in charge might reward us by sending people back. Or he may punish us by sending us back. (it could very well be that this is Hell)
5. I hold on to my Catholic beliefs sometimes strongly others not so much. I may not go to church as much but I still hold on to them.
6. I do pray to some kind of supreme being. While I don't know what its nature is, I still call him God.
7. As I've said in another thread, we are all ants in a box. We don't truly know what is out there. It could be something. It could be nothing.

One last thing, I like exploring other faiths and belief systems.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:08 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylu View Post
First off, I'd like to say, I like this thread.
Second, I may be a little conflicted about my beliefs. Maybe I have my own that are taken from different places. Maybe its just my agnosticism and skepticism about the divine and everything. This is what I can say:
1. I believe there might be some kind of divine force ruling the universe but, at the same time, there might not be.
2. I believe Jesus, Moses, many of the biblical people must have existed (in some form or another). There is archaeological evidence for some but others not so much.
3. I believe the same for the prophets in Islam and many other ancient religions. Whether or not any of the people in numbers 2 or 3 were divine, I haven't figured that out yet. I wasn't alive during the times in which the the stories take place.
4. Considering how many famous scientists birthdays line up with other's death days, it is possible that reincarnation to exist. Besides, I like to think, if we do good in this world, God or whoever is in charge might reward us by sending people back. Or he may punish us by sending us back. (it could very well be that this is Hell)
5. I hold on to my Catholic beliefs sometimes strongly others not so much. I may not go to church as much but I still hold on to them.
6. I do pray to some kind of supreme being. While I don't know what its nature is, I still call him God.
7. As I've said in another thread, we are all ants in a box. We don't truly know what is out there. It could be something. It could be nothing.

One last thing, I like exploring other faiths and belief systems.
if

Tsi-lu-gi tonylu, it's good to have a person with a creative mind to sit among us, as you will find most of us here have open and creative minds.It's always good to have new people join us in this sacred circle, it affords new opportunity's to learn and obtain knowledge for others. So welcome.

Now the little notice to those if who are members of the Five Civilized Nations and for all others who are interested. This the 175th Anniversary of Nunna-da-ul-tsun-yi (The place where they cried) also known as the Trail of Tears. They're going to be many ceremonies throughout the year and any and all who are interested can participate.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
If they did not agree to the treaty and re entered Mecca it would be considered an attack and an act of war by them.
If an idolater and his children strolled peacefully into Mecca, would Allah want the Muslims to consider it an attack and kill them?

Old 04-10-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
If an idolater and his children strolled peacefully into Mecca, would Allah want the Muslims to consider it an attack and kill them?
You and I are guests in this circle. We have discussed Islam enough. Let us be respectable quests and not carry this thread off topic. Let us keep questions about Islam in the appropriate forum.

Now let us sit back and enjoy the company of our hosts here.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
You and I are guests in this circle. We have discussed Islam enough. Let us be respectable quests and not carry this thread off topic. Let us keep questions about Islam in the appropriate forum.

OK, I will put my question in the Islam forum.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:45 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:

wa-do, tso-s-da-nv-tli.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
wa-do, tso-s-da-nv-tli.
wa-do, hi-gi-ne-lii

Yi-ga-quu os-an-iyu ad-an-vto ad-ad-oligi ni-go-hi-lvi na-s-quv ut-lo-ya-sdi ni-hi

Quote:
Without the pronuciation spaces: Yigaquu osaniyu adanvto adadoligi nigohilvi nasquv utloyasdi nihi

(I cheated I got the phrase from a book. My second wife did her best to teach me Tsa-la-gi. But this old memory is failing.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:35 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times

John Two-Hawks - Sacred Wind - from 'Earth ~ Fire ~ Water ~ Wind' - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality