Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 08:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I really dislike the weather here.........it was 76 today with a mild wind blowing. Next week all the buds the trees are putting out will probably freeze and there goes the peach crop......again.......
What a difference a few degrees of longitude and latitude can make. Our high today was 5F and it's -16F out there now.

Beautiful night though, the stars are popping. And cold enough for the deck to crack like a gunshot with every third or fourth step.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 08:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
at this late stage in my life a high priority is safety in a less safe world. the devil or as the mexican people say the chamucos, looks different according to who you speak to. we each have decided what he must look like but we color him and describe him according to our own conceptions and beliefs. it is only in war that we come to realize the adversary looks just like us.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:06 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
at this late stage in my life a high priority is safety in a less safe world. the devil or as the mexican people say the chamucos, looks different according to who you speak to. we each have decided what he must look like but we color him and describe him according to our own conceptions and beliefs. it is only in war that we come to realize the adversary looks just like us.
(we have met the enemy and it is us)...

Old 01-27-2015, 10:58 AM

3,489 posts, read 6,507,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
(we have met the enemy and it is us)...
Yup. Looks just like that old f*rt who stares back at me from the mirror.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:54 AM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
Yup. Looks just like that old f*rt who stares back at me from the mirror.
That's what happens at the Temple in Jerusalem. The great wonder of the world that all the gentiles came to see were the two towers of mirrors, and that's why it was so strange when the two towers fell, not many put two and two together.

But as you walk past the court and begin walking up the steps, you see the two towers and as you begin to walk in the temple, you see the other you. Your left hand has become your right hand, and your left eye has become your right eye.

The son of perdition to be revealed in mankind.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
... as you begin to walk in the temple, you see the other you. Your left hand has become your right hand, and your left eye has become your right eye.
That means the "other me" has a major advantage. I'm left-handed; he's right-handed. Any righty who doesn't understand the significance of said advantage -- try using a pair of scissors with your left hand.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:39 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,125,611 times
Quote:
That means the "other me" has a major advantage. I'm left-handed; he's right-handed. Any righty who doesn't understand the significance of said advantage -- try using a pair of scissors with your left hand.
If a mirror reverses right and left why doesn't it reverse up and down? (And yes it is relevant to the discussion.)

Old 01-28-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
If a mirror reverses right and left why doesn't it reverse up and down? (And yes it is relevant to the discussion.)
Its a simple matter of physics. Light travels in straight lines, so each square-inch of a mirror reflects back what is directly before it. When you stand before a mirror your head is at the top and your feet are at the bottom -- the mirror-image reflects this. However, your LEFT side is on the mirror-image's RIGHT side, etc.

If one needs to reverse the entire image, a lens is required.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:49 AM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:

There a special significance to left handed people in the bible, it gives a very special meaning to the person.

Your left eye and left hand represent a spirit that guides the body, but this changes for the left handed person.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:13 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,125,611 times
Quote:
Its a simple matter of physics. Light travels in straight lines, so each square-inch of a mirror reflects back what is directly before it. When you stand before a mirror your head is at the top and your feet are at the bottom -- the mirror-image reflects this. However, your LEFT side is on the mirror-image's RIGHT side, etc.

If one needs to reverse the entire image, a lens is required.
A mirror reflects light at the reverse of the angle of reflection relative to a normal (perpendicular) line. Ref A mirror does not reverse right and left. It reverses front and back. So the 'other self' is looking in the opposite direction from you. Much more significant than reversing right and left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality