Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 01:37 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Well, maybe my path includes some anger and picking apart of the old one, so stop picking that apart . And, maybe complete confidence in ones path takes more time for some than for others.
sooner or later everyone comes to their own path, but not all at once..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 01:53 PM

63,846 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I've had little need to demonstrate I know how to pronounce Kierkegaard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
Gesundheit!
LOL

Old 02-06-2015, 02:12 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I think I agree.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:16 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fuXaOo3EgzE

Old 02-07-2015, 10:50 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,514,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I think I agree.
And sometimes -- maybe -- a person may come to the realization that both paths, as divergent as they may seem, eventually lead to the same destination. Should that happen, be careful, because at that point everything changes. "Enemies" can become fellow travelers, "Doubters" can become teachers (or students, or both), etc.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
And sometimes -- maybe -- a person may come to the realization that both paths, as divergent as they may seem, eventually lead to the same destination. Should that happen, be careful, because at that point everything changes. "Enemies" can become fellow travelers, "Doubters" can become teachers (or students, or both), etc.
That is certainly my hope.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:11 AM

8,181 posts, read 6,933,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
But sometimes in the process of leaving one path for another, (especially when the old path had the threat of eternal hell for leaving it built in) it takes a great deal of time to begin to trust that it is safe to go a different way. And sometimes proving the old path wrong is an effective emotional buffer against the conditioned fear. In my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
If you are confident in your chosen course, you don't need to challenge the old one. 'Conditioned fear', IMO, is simply an excuse to be angry and pick apart the path that you don't like.

Just my view: But the whole point, here is it is a "new" path. The new path has not been walked on for very long, so how can there be strong roots (confidence)? Part of becoming confident in a new path, a new perspective, is looking back at the old path and seeing and pointing out the errors and learning. It has nothing to do with proving another person's path wrong. It has to do with transitioning out of the old and into the new of your own path. Burning away the dross. Growing.

Even if you see someone on an old path you used to walk on, that you now see is full of error, that path is NOT wrong for the person currently walking on it. It will not become "full of error" until THAT person is able to see it for theirselves, in their own time.

We're all in this together. There are some paths that are steeped in fear and terror and threats. These are some of the more difficult paths to walk AWAY from. I think only those who have been there, can truly understand the temporary need for an "emotional buffer against the conditioned fear".

Just some thoughts.

peace,
sparrow

Old 02-07-2015, 11:44 AM

63,846 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
But sometimes in the process of leaving one path for another, (especially when the old path had the threat of eternal hell for leaving it built in) it takes a great deal of time to begin to trust that it is safe to go a different way. And sometimes proving the old path wrong is an effective emotional buffer against the conditioned fear. In my experience.
Just my view: But the whole point, here is it is a "new" path. The new path has not been walked on for very long, so how can there be strong roots (confidence)? Part of becoming confident in a new path, a new perspective, is looking back at the old path and seeing and pointing out the errors and learning. It has nothing to do with proving another person's path wrong. It has to do with transitioning out of the old and into the new of your own path. Burning away the dross. Growing.
Even if you see someone on an old path you used to walk on, that you now see is full of error, that path is NOT wrong for the person currently walking on it. It will not become "full of error" until THAT person is able to see it for theirselves, in their own time.
We're all in this together. There are some paths that are steeped in fear and terror and threats. These are some of the more difficult paths to walk AWAY from. I think only those who have been there, can truly understand the temporary need for an "emotional buffer against the conditioned fear".
Just some thoughts.
peace,
sparrow

Old 02-07-2015, 12:12 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,514,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
It has nothing to do with proving another person's path wrong. It has to do with transitioning out of the old and into the new of your own path. Burning away the dross. Growing.

Well-spoken. Aho.

Old 02-07-2015, 03:00 PM

Sparrow, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality