Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 12:15 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
x consicousness's without knowledge: Kant denied of the apperance. But... intuition turns to instinct in the Real space and Time.

YouTube - TRIBUTE TO PAUL HORN

silence.

Last edited by effie g-tad; 03-11-2009 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: small circe, barely visible, seems to vanish..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 05:00 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,464,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
are you speaking from your history books version of tribal wars or do you want to know what the real versions were about? Not the European versions.
Dear sir, I always want to know the real versions.

I have great respect for the Native American tribal peoples and their histories. (BTW - Have you read the book "Ceremonial Time" by John Hanson Mitchell? Link: http://www.amazon.com/Ceremonial-Tim.../dp/0201149370 )

European history books are not always wrong.

Every author and testifier has a point of view, regardless of origin and culture.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:13 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Dear sir, I always want to know the real versions. And history books are not always wrong, either.
That is true that history books are not always wrong, but unfortunately they only tell one side of the story and that story is usually written by the winners, however we digress and if I understand you right you want to know about tribal wars, well understand that the terminology of war is not part of the Native American language, we have our differences and disagreements however they have always been worked out through our councils and counsel law is final. Now when two tribes have a disagreement over hunting rights or territorial disputes, it is usually handled among the two different councils and a lot of times it comes down to a contest, have you ever heard of the game Lacrosse, a lot of disputes were settled over a game of Lacrosse, and there is very little bloodshed, despite what may have been written in history, the different nations did not go about trying to kill one another in disputes, you see there was a failure to understand that among my culture, there is no honor in killing your enemy, to us that is a cowardly way of doing things. I hope I have made things a little more understandable, but please continue to ask questions.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:50 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Dear sir, I always want to know the real versions.

I have great respect for the Native American tribal peoples and their histories. (BTW - Have you read the book "Ceremonial Time" by John Hanson Mitchell? Link: Amazon.com: Ceremonial Time: Fifteen Thousand Years on One Square Mile: John Hanson Mitchell: Books )

European history books are not always wrong.

Every author and testifier has a point of view, regardless of origin and culture.
ParkTwain, should you like to have some interesting history on the oldest particpatory democracy in the world you may want to read this, it is the Constitution of the Iroquois Confederacy, I am posting two sites here, you may want to read both of them.

Iroquois - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,

Constitution of the Iroquois Nations

Old 03-12-2009, 05:25 AM

48,154 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Miss Blue, I admire you.....you said it perfectly. The circle is a place for sharing and learning and a place of love, friendship and acceptance.....and respect....

In the Tao it says:

"The best of man is like water,
Which benefits all things, and does not contend with them,
Which flows in places that others disdain,
Where it is in harmony with the Way."

I would learn to be more like water....softer, non-abrasive.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Who will sit with me in the sacred circle of peace, harmony and understanding.
Among my culture we have a tradition that has existed for centuries.

Whenever we come together to discuss things of great importance it is always done within the sacred circle. Anyone is welcome to come and sit within the sacred circle and participate in the discussions, however all animosity, hatred and prejudice are left outside of the sacred circle, these things are not allowed within its confines and each individual who steps within the sacred circle is expected to help govern it and be responsible to see to it that peace, harmony, and understanding prevail within the sacred circle.

So now my brothers and sisters, I invite you to step within the sacred circle and tell us about your beliefs or non-beliefs without criticism or animosity to one another.

Remember, all are welcomed here who come with a good heart.
Ptsum says it so well in the opening post.....we all strive to respect one another and the diversity of practice and wisdom sources....and to remember that "we truly are all related". When we fail we try to get back to the opening premise......"all are welcome here who come with a good heart."

Old 03-12-2009, 02:58 PM

When the "sacred circle" becomes less than sacred and rather than creating an intuitive atmosphere that welcomes spirit..... it engages in direct questioning and confrontation.....I choose to remain silent.....until the circle can right itself. I am closing my eyes and focusing on my breath.....
May all be peaceful and at ease;
May all be filled with loving kindness,
May all be well,
May all find the source of real happiness.

I know I am breathing in....I breathe in love
I know I am breathing out....I breathe out peace

Old 03-12-2009, 04:03 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
I believe in my Creator.
That God is Love.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:25 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times
nothing to fear

Love and Wisdom are restoring Justice and Truth, anytime, anywhere.

YouTube - The Flower [Part 2]

experience beyond faith.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:50 AM

Good Morning everyone. It is good to be with you.
May you be filled with loving kindness;
May you be peaceful and at ease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality