Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 02:08 PM

256 posts, read 114,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Almost seems like 80% of all people can't grasp the simple truth about what you are explaining here. No matter how many times explained...
Exactly. To paraphrase Einstein, who probably also paraphrased this idea from someone else, science endeavors to learn what is most likely true regardless whether the results are desirable or not.

I wish I could fly by flapping my appears, but I can't, and wanting it to be true won't make it so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2020, 10:38 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And if it differs, what do you hope will happen?............................
What I expect is what Jesus expected:
Jesus taught at death there is nothing but ' sleep ' - John 11:11-14
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach ' sleep ' in death.
Such as: Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
So, because of the coming resurrection then death is just a ' dirt nap ' til Jesus comes.

Old 09-13-2020, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What I expect is what Jesus expected:
Jesus taught at death there is nothing but ' sleep ' - John 11:11-14
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach ' sleep ' in death.
Such as: Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
So, because of the coming resurrection then death is just a ' dirt nap ' til Jesus comes.
So if he never resurrects, which seems most likely since no one ever has, death is permanent, dreamless sleep.

Old 09-14-2020, 09:08 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogaKoga View Post
Exactly. To paraphrase Einstein, who probably also paraphrased this idea from someone else, science endeavors to learn what is most likely true regardless whether the results are desirable or not.

I wish I could fly by flapping my appears, but I can't, and wanting it to be true won't make it so.
"Flapping my appears?"

No amount of flapping will make something true that is not, but if you close your eyes real tight and think real hard what you really want the truth to be, it's amazing what can happen...

Old 09-14-2020, 05:09 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
"Flapping my appears?"

No amount of flapping will make something true that is not, but if you close your eyes real tight and think real hard what you really want the truth to be, it's amazing what can happen...
No amount of flapping will make something false that is true. Try as we may, try as might, the universe works the way it works.

Old 09-14-2020, 09:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
No amount of flapping will make something false that is true. Try as we may, try as might, the universe works the way it works.
And trying to figure out those workings is what will continue to inspire evolution in humans.

Old 09-15-2020, 12:53 AM

Quote:
"Flapping my appears?"

Sorry, I must've been more tired than usual that night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Exactly. That's very succinctly my point exactly. Humans can't fly by flapping our arms no matter how much we want to. We also can't escape the finality of death no matter how much we might want to.

Old 09-15-2020, 12:58 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
And trying to figure out those workings is what will continue to inspire evolution in humans.
Every now and again we all (even Arach) appear to be on the same page.

Quote:
Thanks. -I was convinced that had to be a clever pun and I've been wondering what it was.

Quote:
Exactly. That's very succinctly my point exactly. Humans can't fly by flapping our arms no matter how much we want to. We also can't escape the finality of death no matter how much we might want to.
It's remarkable how much we obsess about death all the time. Almost as much as we obsess about sex. Interesting that they are the two most potent evolutionary drives.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-15-2020 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: fixed quote

Old 09-15-2020, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Every now and again we all (even Arach) appear to be on the same page.

Quote:
Thanks. -I was convinced that had to be a clever pun and I've been wondering what it was.

It's remarkable how much we obsess about death all the time. Almost as much as we obsess about sex. Interesting that they are the two most potent evolutionary drives.
the only place we diverge is talking about this stuff independently of a political agenda and how we feel about religion/United States.

You have shun, obscure, and run from completely open and totally honest application using the scientific method to evaluate atheists claims and god claims. We also diverge at changing rules in the middle of the game to maintain the false notion we won. You cheat.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-15-2020 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: fixed quote inside a quote

Old 09-15-2020, 03:48 AM

Quote:
I think the next step is 200 yeras or less. Then the next step after that may be years instead of 100000 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality