Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2021, 03:30 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I note that, "All the Energy/Mass that exists, in totality, is what comprises "Reality"...because a definition/meaning of the word/term "G-O-D" is that it represents The Supreme or Ultimate Reality.

As far as "agency", "forward-planning", "self-awareness", etc...I gave my views on that many times.
1st...there is this: It doesn't matter whether this creation, control, and maintaining/sustaining/eliminating happened out of what some believe to be "chaos"...and organized itself by "random chance"...it is an OBJECTIVE FACT that that has happened, and is still happening.
Also...I have noted...if God is ALL, those traits are intrinsically inclusive...because, as "ALL", it necessarily IS those traits/characteristics, let alone just possess them.
God IS "consciousness" and "orchestration"...and any and every other trait imaginable. ALL is all.
That's why I consider it be a God to me.
Yes thanks Gldn.

To me it's very simple:

Everything I see can be explained by science.

You see all the same stuff I see and call it God.

That's the long and the short of it. No fluff, no embellishment.

I think I'm done here. Maybe with this thread at least.

Cheers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 03:34 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Isn't it coincidental that the vast majority of all the humans that have ever existed have been intuitively predisposed to be able to "catch a vibe" that leads them to perceive the existence of God?
It has been so universal, in all times, environments, and circumstances...you'd almost think that we were connected to that vibe in some way!
Except that "god" is often perceived VERY differently (or not at all) in some cultures. Must be a lot of different gods, I guess.

Old 07-22-2021, 03:37 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Common sense is a different thing from 'senses'
Thank you for confirming what I said. None of the above are senses.

Old 07-22-2021, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Except that "god" is often perceived VERY differently (or not at all) in some cultures. Must be a lot of different gods, I guess.
Or a lot of of conjured-up imaginary gods.

Old 07-22-2021, 04:05 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
No, just a lot of different interpretations of the "generic vibe" as it is experienced individually and collectively.

Old 07-22-2021, 04:09 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
With which of your senses to you "perceive" this?
Quote:
My consciousness, intellect, intuition, wisdom, and common sense.
Quote:
So, to be clear, Pantheism, at least in your case, is 100% internally-fabricated with no sensory input, i.e. observations?

BTW, none of the above are senses.
Everything is "internally-fabricated" Salty...through consciousness, thought, and intellect.
Even the 5 physical senses are dependent upon the info they give us to be fabricated internally.

It was actually a simple process.
Through my sense of sight & hearing and my intellect...I read/heard the data/info as to the definition/meaning of the word/term "G-O-D", and what it represents...and I was able to learn that (among other meanings) it meant/represented The Supreme or Ultimate Reality and Something of Supreme Value.
My senses and intellect easily helped me gain the knowledge that Reality objectively exists and that it is Something of Supreme Value...and, thus, "God".

Old 07-22-2021, 04:22 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
With which of your senses to you "perceive" this?
Quote:
My consciousness, intellect, intuition, wisdom, and common sense.
Quote:
So, to be clear, Pantheism, at least in your case, is 100% internally-fabricated with no sensory input, i.e. observations?

BTW, none of the above are senses.
Quote:
Common sense is a different thing from 'senses'
Quote:
Thank you for confirming what I said. None of the above are senses.
There is a plethora of information about this...you may find it worth looking into:
https://www.considerable.com/health/...s-five-senses/

https://www.sensorytrust.org.uk/blog...ses-do-we-have

Old 07-22-2021, 05:20 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Yes thanks Gldn.

To me it's very simple:

Everything I see can be explained by science.

You see all the same stuff I see and call it God.

That's the long and the short of it. No fluff, no embellishment.

I think I'm done here. Maybe with this thread at least.

Cheers.

There ya go.

To me he calls the vastly more complex system god. Most people's commonsense supports the vastly more complex system. How a person shows reverence is not my thing.

I am an observation only kind of guy. Its far simpler than making up atheist creeds that tell us how to feel about religion. To me any way, but we all have reverence to something I guess.

Old 07-22-2021, 05:21 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Like there are many different words for a greeting. But they are all the same thing as we learn more.

But its hard to discuss this with a person that has an agenda like you do. You can't be totally honest.

Old 07-22-2021, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Everything is "internally-fabricated" Salty...through consciousness, thought, and intellect.
Even the 5 physical senses are dependent upon the info they give us to be fabricated internally.

It was actually a simple process.
Through my sense of sight & hearing and my intellect...I read/heard the data/info as to the definition/meaning of the word/term "G-O-D", and what it represents...and I was able to learn that (among other meanings) it meant/represented The Supreme or Ultimate Reality and Something of Supreme Value.
My senses and intellect easily helped me gain the knowledge that Reality objectively exists and that it is Something of Supreme Value...and, thus, "God".
If it works for you in whatever way that makes your life, better, easier or more-fulfilling, bless you. For me, a bit too nebulous to be taken seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality