Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2020, 10:15 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Eve. That pigeon had to die a slow and painful death because Eve led Adam astray.
Rule No .1 The woman in never to Blame. God, possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
How typical - blame it on the woman. Adam still had a choice.
There you have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2020, 10:21 AM

256 posts, read 114,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Interesting isn't it. Do you know that Arach claims to be an atheist? Wouldn't you have thought from his post that he was talking about a cosmic mind doing stuff, rather than physics? Or even "Life"?

Incidentally, to use Mystic terminology, he is using Human Beliefs about Pixies rather than looking at their attributes.

Yes, using those arguments, Pixies, Santa and you garden gnome would do just as well.
Yeah, it seems like he thinks all beliefs are equally credible or 'real'. That's only true for the subjective sense the believer has. In that sense belief in god is as real as belief in evolution, but evolution as a model has abundant evidential support while belief in god has none. Evolution provides a means of advancement while god doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you are spacetime exchanging information to make you.
Hmm. Your statements seem unnecessarily arcane. I exist in spacetime but I'm not spacetime itself. That would be like saying a fish that lives in the ocean is the ocean.

Oh, great, look what you made me do! You made me state something as arcane and circumspect as you!

Somewhat seriously though, things that exist in spacetime are not the same as spacetime itself. We exist within spacetime, but spacetime exists regardless of whether we do or not, so it's unclear to me what your point is.

Old 10-01-2020, 04:03 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogaKoga View Post
Yeah, it seems like he thinks all beliefs are equally credible or 'real'. That's only true for the subjective sense the believer has. In that sense belief in god is as real as belief in evolution, but evolution as a model has abundant evidential support while belief in god has none. Evolution provides a means of advancement while god doesn't.

Hmm. Your statements seem unnecessarily arcane. I exist in spacetime but I'm not spacetime itself. That would be like saying a fish that lives in the ocean is the ocean.

Oh, great, look what you made me do! You made me state something as arcane and circumspect as you!

Somewhat seriously though, things that exist in spacetime are not the same as spacetime itself. We exist within spacetime, but spacetime exists regardless of whether we do or not, so it's unclear to me what your point is.
You will have to learn that you are spacetime. What the video I posted.

until that understanding is reached we can't go any further. And that is ok, but tell don't me I am wrong.

Old 10-01-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But the other atheists do NOT move on They assign all the existing evidence to something else and then demand evidence pretending that we MUST accept their belief about the unknown as the default.

I have always known and respected that you do not agree with my beliefs about God, Arach, but you are objective and have always separated my beliefs from the science. The others refuse to parse them. They conflate and jumble them so they can dismiss the science as woo and hokum.
It happens when we are bound by the scientific method and not faith.

Old 10-02-2020, 03:56 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,159,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
You will have to learn that you are spacetime. What the video I posted.

until that understanding is reached we can't go any further. And that is ok, but tell don't me I am wrong.
Arach, from what I have gathered from your posts and what other say about your posts, you think that we are a small part of a larger system. We are unaware of being part of the larger system, and perhaps the larger system is unaware of us. Can this larger system be defined? Or is it limitless?

Last edited by elyn02; 10-02-2020 at 04:10 AM..

Old 10-02-2020, 06:44 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Journey View Post
If god existed I would ask him/her/it why aren’t they doing their job? That’s why I am not a believer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
So you think 'He' has a job.
What would that be? What do you think that is?
Isn’t jesusgod supposed to be winning souls for heaven?

It failed me too if it’s true.

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 10-02-2020 at 08:01 AM..

Old 10-02-2020, 06:50 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
During my morning walk with Mr Yap, my grandmothers dog, I came across a 20 Meter long trail of pigeon feathers. At the end of the trail was a circle of feathers, typical for a Sperber, a hawk that feeds on other birds. Once it has killed it's victim, it removes the feathers before eating. But the trail of feathers means that the pigeon was not immediately dead, and had struggled for 20 Meters to fly away while the Sperber removed feathers from the living victim.

I find the idea of an agape god described in religious texts hard to justify having seen that trail of feathers.
Too soon

It always bothered me too that this may have been all designed so that something has to suffer and die for something else to survive.

God wasn’t to stupid in that trees can live off the sun. No killing and no starvation.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:02 AM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:

What the latest science reveals is that everything that exists is a vibratory manifestation of the underlying spacetime field (unified field that I call a consciousness field).

Old 10-02-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:

sorry loga ... you just don't know what you are talking about. You are not like fish in water. it more like a fish is water and still being a fish.

Old 10-02-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Interesting isn't it. Do you know that Arach claims to be an atheist? Wouldn't you have thought from his post that he was talking about a cosmic mind doing stuff, rather than physics? Or even "Life"?

Incidentally, to use Mystic terminology, he is using Human Beliefs about Pixies rather than looking at their attributes.

Yes, using those arguments, Pixies, Santa and you garden gnome would do just as well.
listen trans ... you say things from a hiding a position. It really shows your character. But Castro stalin, mao, they all did the same thing. Shun the people that knew what was going on.

there is no dogma that says atheism has to deny everything. A living universe is not "god", despite what your faith says.

you had to run away and hide and toss cheap shots from behind a bush. That really is fundy like. To bad 1/2 descent people were broken by religion enough to buy into "just get out of our way so we can rampage."

we know why you have to hide. If you come out and play ... you know we will have to use the scientific method to evaluate the claims and not your blind faith statement of belief about god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality