Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 12:02 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,406,067 times

Advertisements

1- Through a religious God
2- Through a non-religious intelligent being that we can call a God
3- Through naturalistic ways ie. one of the many models/theories currently in circulation
4- We don't know and we will never know

Which way do you think is the most plausible choice and please give your best evidence for your choice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 12:12 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
None of us know. We can guess, of course, but I don't see the point in reading people's guesses.

Old 09-22-2020, 12:32 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
3- Through naturalistic ways ie. one of the many models/theories currently in circulation

Which way do you think is the most plausible choice and please give your best evidence for your choice?
Obviously it's a personal creator. Meaning an intelligent being that created it. This being is not part of the universe, as it could not have caused itself to exist. It exists outside the universe.

Old 09-22-2020, 12:42 PM

15,971 posts, read 7,032,343 times
It never not exist.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:17 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:

I mean its number four, right.

question about #2 wouldn't a non religious thing be naturalistic? and a follow question Is there anything not natural?

Old 09-22-2020, 01:35 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:

When I look at the known universe, and try to analyze what we have found so far (Thanks to the knowledge of science and human intellectual curiosity), my personal logic tells me that there is just way too much design and way too many processes in nature that could've not come together all by itself.

Motion requires force and motion in a certain design, requires intelligence.
Why go far? Our own solar system and motion of objects in their orbits is an indicator. It cannot run on it's own for thousands of years with such a precision.

There has to be some force with intelligence beyond our comprehension, that is controlling and running all this mind boggling show of organized madness.

As Eisenstein says,

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the descernible laws and connections, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. To that extent I am, in fact, religious.”

To me, this ^^^ is the starting point that puts me in the camp of believers. There is something out there.

And then this is where the actual quest starts.
What is it that's out there and how am I related to it, and what does it want from me?

I also know that I've a set amount of time. There is no human who has lived forever. So I should make wise choices as to how am I going to spend this time IF in the event, I have to come across and know what exactly is this "something that is out there" after my demise?

Old 09-22-2020, 01:54 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
When I look at the known universe, and try to analyze what we have found so far (Thanks to the knowledge of science and human intellectual curiosity), my personal logic tells me that there is just way too much design and way too many processes in nature that could've not come together all by itself.

Motion requires force and motion in a certain design, requires intelligence.
Why go far? Our own solar system and motion of objects in their orbits is an indicator. It cannot run on it's own for thousands of years with such a precision.

There has to be some force with intelligence beyond our comprehension, that is controlling and running all this mind boggling show of organized madness.

As Eisenstein says,

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the descernible laws and connections, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. To that extent I am, in fact, religious.”

To me, this ^^^ is the starting point that puts me in the camp of believers. There is something out there.

And then this is where the actual quest starts.
What is it that's out there and how am I related to it, and what does it want from me?

I also know that I've a set amount of time. There is no human who has lived forever. So I should make wise choices as to how am I going to spend this time IF in the event, I have to come across and know what exactly is this "something that is out there" after my demise?
"alive" fits better than deity and anti-god. STEM based that is. Politically motivated anti-god stances have no use for it.

both militants and fudy's have to avoid that. Einstein would have totally accepted it.

Old 09-22-2020, 02:32 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
God said `` in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth .... And God said `Let there be a firmament , and divide the waters which were under the firmamant , and it was so ... And God called the firmament Heaven ....God said let there be lights in the firmamant of the heaven to divide the day from the night, and let them be for signs , and for seasons , and for days and years, and let them be for lights upon the earth, and it was so, ...And God made two great lights the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night, He made the stars also `` ............. See this is all Christians know about how the universe come to be, and God even today will not bring revelations into the beginnings of His works on the universe as it would only bring confusion to reveal more, so God says

Old 09-22-2020, 02:59 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Obviously it's a personal creator. Meaning an intelligent being that created it. This being is not part of the universe, as it could not have caused itself to exist. It exists outside the universe.
No, it is not obviously a personal creator. You believe that it is, so that explanation is obvious to you. But beliefs aren't fact. So bottom line is, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Old 09-22-2020, 03:00 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
God said `` in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth .... And God said `Let there be a firmament , and divide the waters which were under the firmamant , and it was so ... And God called the firmament Heaven ....God said let there be lights in the firmamant of the heaven to divide the day from the night, and let them be for signs , and for seasons , and for days and years, and let them be for lights upon the earth, and it was so, ...And God made two great lights the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night, He made the stars also `` ............. See this is all Christians know about how the universe come to be, and God even today will not bring revelations into the beginnings of His works on the universe as it would only bring confusion to reveal more, so God says
There are many who believe in your version of the beginning. Not everyone holds that belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality