Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2021, 11:17 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh for Pete's sake, LearnMe. It is not the specific content that is of concern. It is the development of a diligent discipline over their interactions that promotes their spiritual development, righteousness, and connection to God. If you weren't so biased, you might have picked up on the implications for spiritual development during my explanations of the brain processes that were augured by baptism.
Of course. My bad. You've pinned things down exactly right as always, but I have to wonder if what does or does not concern you applies to everyone in the same way(s) you always think it does...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2021, 11:21 AM

219. Not to refrain from making a loan to a poor man, because of the release of loans in the Sabbatical year (Deut. 15:9) (CCN56).

Here's to "interactions that promotes their spiritual development, righteousness, and connection to God." Of course. What else could any of these possibly be about? What is more spiritual than a loan?

Old 06-14-2021, 11:31 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
219. Not to refrain from making a loan to a poor man, because of the release of loans in the Sabbatical year (Deut. 15:9) (CCN56).

Here's to "interactions that promote their spiritual development, righteousness, and connection to God." Of course. What else could any of these possibly be about? What is more spiritual than a loan?
This prevents the selfish refusal to loan to a poor person for fear that the loan would have to be forgiven in the Sabbatical year. It is a rejection of selfish concern out of consideration for the poor. I am not at all surprised that the spiritual implications eluded your grasp.

Old 06-14-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This prevents the selfish refusal to loan to a poor person for fear that the loan would have to be forgiven in the Sabbatical year. It is a rejection of selfish concern out of consideration for the poor. I am not at all surprised that the spiritual implications eluded your grasp.
Money matters have never seemed all too spiritual to me, but I know how this works, so I'll leave all the spiritual implications to those of you who know so much more about what it is to be spiritual. To give rather than loan to a poor person is more to my way of thinking, but I'm not spiritual so what do I know about such lofty matters?

I don't know why you would be surprised by anything that eludes my grasp as many times as you have pointed out everything else that eludes my grasp. I would have given up on me long by now if I were you. I'm certainly not surprised by any of your comments in any case, and although I wait with baited breath the ones to follow, I've got to sign off and get onto other things now.

Cheers

Old 06-14-2021, 06:22 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Money matters have never seemed all too spiritual to me, but I know how this works, so I'll leave all the spiritual implications to those of you who know so much more about what it is to be spiritual. To give rather than loan to a poor person is more to my way of thinking, but I'm not spiritual so what do I know about such lofty matters? I don't know why you would be surprised by anything that eludes my grasp as many times as you have pointed out everything else that eludes my grasp. I would have given up on me long by now if I were you. I'm certainly not surprised by any of your comments in any case, and although I wait with baited breath the ones to follow, I've got to sign off and get onto other things now. Cheers
regarding bold above,
yes, we have

Old 06-14-2021, 07:35 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Money matters have never seemed all too spiritual to me, but I know how this works, so I'll leave all the spiritual implications to those of you who know so much more about what it is to be spiritual. To give rather than loan to a poor person is more to my way of thinking, but I'm not spiritual so what do I know about such lofty matters?

I don't know why you would be surprised by anything that eludes my grasp as many times as you have pointed out everything else that eludes my grasp. I would have given up on me long by now if I were you. I'm certainly not surprised by any of your comments in any case, and although I wait with baited breath the ones to follow, I've got to sign off and get onto other things now.

Cheers
bated breath.
it is spelled bated

Old 06-14-2021, 08:05 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
bated breath.
it is spelled bated
Capital letters.

Educated people start sentences with them.

Old 06-15-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Capital letters.

Educated people start sentences with them.
Thanks. Thanks to Tzap as well, because I too make mistakes, and I appreciate when they are pointed out, even if missing the point in the process.

Here too, interesting to me are these people who seem to be suggesting they have given up on me, but for some reason they follow me around like white on rice. I'm not sure this forum would be what it is without people like this, but I suppose some attention is better than no attention either way. Even when the attention comes from a place that is neither fair, reasonable, mature or civil...

Thanks anyway!

Old 06-15-2021, 09:41 AM

220. To assemble the people to hear the Torah at the close of the seventh year (Deut. 31:12)

Say what anyone may like to say, I'll bet I already know more about these 613 commandments than lots of people. Certainly more than I did before and of course that was the idea. Even if the divine or spiritual nature behind them all is sometimes lost on me...

Old 06-15-2021, 10:03 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Thanks. Thanks to Tzap as well, because I too make mistakes, and I appreciate when they are pointed out, even if missing the point in the process.

Here too, interesting to me are these people who seem to be suggesting they have given up on me, but for some reason they follow me around like white on rice. I'm not sure this forum would be what it is without people like this, but I suppose some attention is better than no attention either way. Even when the attention comes from a place that is neither fair, reasonable, mature or civil...

Thanks anyway!
I give up on no one, LearnMe. There is always hope. Faith, Hope, and Love and of these the most important is agape love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality