Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2021, 12:28 PM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I believe your primary interest was in trying to understand where they came from since you do not credit the existence of their purported author. Given the obvious fact that even those of us who have had direct contact with God cannot articulate any specifics and acknowledge only very general impressions and an ambiance of unconditional love and acceptance, your concern about the specificity is legitimate.

Clearly, the influence claimed to come through inspiration is not direct dictation or anything remotely resembling it. That makes their interpretation, development, and articulation dependent upon the knowledge, culture, beliefs, and traditions of the receivers. None of that supports disbelief in the source of the influence, IMO, but I AM biased having had direct contact.
Appreciate your take and/or perspective. Yet another among many...

All to be considered as best we can in the context of what you explain and outside that context as well. Who can draw the best, most proper conclusions with regard to any religious teachings or writings is another matter of opinion and bias, but what is written seems relatively plain to see and for all to consider as they were originally intended. Regardless who the author(s) may have been. Passing judgement on the source of these commandments is yet another matter to consider and no doubt one everyone will necessarily agree upon. All interesting to consider in any case. For me anyway. Let alone to learn what each one seems to be communicating back then and/or of relevance still today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Then why got through all the laws?

Are we just going to list the laws and then state show why god didn't say them? So I just comment on how god didn't have anything to do with them and/or mock god for having anything to do with them?

Is that goal? like questioning theology?
"We're" not doing anything.

I am reviewing, learning and considering each commandment in the way I've explained many times before...

Old 09-09-2021, 12:33 PM

246. To examine witnesses thoroughly (Deut. 13:15)

Old 09-10-2021, 12:24 PM

247. Not to decide a case on the evidence of a single witness (Deut. 19:15) (CCN73).

Old 09-10-2021, 06:59 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
247. Not to decide a case on the evidence of a single witness (Deut. 19:15) (CCN73).
stupid simple ... yes, thats true enough ...

Oh wait, I am supposed to attacking theist ...my bad.

silly god ... insert whatever a religion-ist needs to support what they want to be real ...

Old 09-10-2021, 07:01 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
"We're" not doing anything.

I am reviewing, learning and considering each commandment in the way I've explained many times before...
A fine example of intellectual dishonesty ...

The good thing about observation based belief is that they do not have to tow a party line.

It is truly free thinking.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
A fine example of intellectual dishonesty ...

The good thing about observation based belief is that they do not have to tow a party line.

It is truly free thinking.
In your prior comment you seem to be having another conversation with yourself, and here you make a completely unjustified accusation for reasons all your own as well. Uncalled for, mean-spirited and unnecessarily insulting. Ever thought about just leaving me alone? Possible?

Old 09-11-2021, 11:10 AM

248. To give the decision according to the majority, when there is a difference of opinion among the members of the Sanhedrin as to matters of law (Ex. 23:2)

Old 09-12-2021, 10:12 AM

249. Not to decide, in capital cases, according to the view of the majority, when those who are for condemnation exceed by one only, those who are for acquittal (Ex. 23:2)

Old 09-12-2021, 10:26 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
"We're" not doing anything. I am reviewing, learning and considering each commandment in the way I've explained many times before...
bold above
= bold below
Quote:
In your prior comment you seem to be having another conversation with yourself, and here you make a completely unjustified accusation for reasons all your own as well. Uncalled for, mean-spirited and unnecessarily insulting. Ever thought about just leaving me alone? Possible?
this thread falls in that category.
especially considering the demand in bold below
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality