Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2020, 08:42 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It took me all of about 15 seconds to find it via Google. But I know you aren't really interested in learning the truth of it, are you?

https://jewsforjesus.org/jewish-reso...et-like-moses/

Moses said, “The Lord God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brothers. You shall listen to him in whatever he tells you.”

– Acts 3:22

This is the Moses who said to the Israelites, “God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brothers.”

– Acts 7:37
Ok, so, how is your Jesus just like Moses?....Was Moishe G-d?....

Old 10-16-2020, 10:54 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Hey, what about my favorite? Australopithecus?
There used to be a woman who ran the register at our company cafeteria who I secretly named Australopithecus because her face looked exactly like the picture next to the description.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:58 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There used to be a woman who ran the register at our company cafeteria who I secretly named Australopithecus because her face looked exactly like the picture next to the description.
There are some here in this forum who have a large amount of Neanderthal DNA.

Old 10-17-2020, 04:22 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ok, so, how is your Jesus just like Moses?....Was Moishe G-d?....
Is this why jesus is a joke to Jewish people?

Old 10-17-2020, 05:01 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
There are some here in this forum who have a large amount of Neanderthal DNA.
Some find jobs in football

Seriously, the church teachers when I was a kid flat out told us, as kids, that Neanderthals NEVER EXISTED! That it was a myth/lie made up by scientists who did not believe in God or the Bible (in that Baptist church, like many at the time, God and the Bible were basically one and the same)
Likewise, the earth was not billions of years old, only About 10000 years old because the Bible said so, and the Bible was always right......

That is what were were taught in church...or what they tried to teach in church, I of course, rejected it, thankfully.

I think about the great Atheist I am today, and am so glad that I did not end up like those people with whom I used to attend church services.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:40 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Is this why jesus is a joke to Jewish people?
What do you mean?...

Old 10-17-2020, 06:43 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I was saw wrestler that had the exact same guild as a silver back. Facial features were very similar. Going off of memory it provably was closer to nean's.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:45 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

Seriously, the church teachers when I was a kid flat out told us, as kids, that Neanderthals NEVER EXISTED! That it was a myth/lie made up by scientists who did not believe in God or the Bible (in that Baptist church, like many at the time, God and the Bible were basically one and the same)
Likewise, the earth was not billions of years old, only About 10000 years old because the Bible said so, and the Bible was always right......

That is what were were taught in church...or what they tried to teach in church, I of course, rejected it, thankfully.

I think about the great Atheist I am today, and am so glad that I did not end up like those people with whom I used to attend church services.
And they feel what great disciples they are.

what makes a great atheist? I ask because I am considered the worst atheist here. And I consider that a compliment.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:10 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
And they feel what great disciples they are.

what makes a great atheist? I ask because I am considered the worst atheist here. And I consider that a compliment.
Arach, Praise the Flying Spaghetti Monster, you inspired me to start another thread with that as the Title.

But yes, those particular Baptists thought that they were great disciples and believers. And funny thing, they also swore that there was no life anywhere else in the Universe because the Bible did not say there was......I made note in the late 70's (1970's I am not that old yet) that there were probably planets around every star in the sky. They of course said NO NO NO

Well, Today, my off the cuff theory is something which has astronomers and astro-physicists today saying YES YES YES

Old 10-17-2020, 09:51 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

I'm thankful I was spared that fate as well. It's been all I can handle to unravel the maladaptive thought patterns and phobias they instilled in me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality