Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2020, 12:29 PM

15,970 posts, read 7,032,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i disagree with bold above.
people ask for and welcome and request others to pray for them.
That indicates the recognition of how powerful and meaningful prayers are from others.
Yes, of course. And we do pray for others as well. But that only soothes us, it is a psychological and spiritual effect only for us. The person we pray for still have to walk in their own shoes, experience their life their own way, find their salvation their own way. We can show them love and compassion and offer help and support, but no, we all walk our own individual paths, work out our own karma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 01:55 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadyclem View Post
Spirituality is a connection with the spiritual realm. You can't be an atheist be spiritual because it invalidates their belief. Spirituality involves belief, so if you believe in nothing there's no way you can be described as spiritual.
I believe a spiritual realm is possible, not connected with an imaginary god-thing.

Old 12-22-2020, 02:07 PM

22,185 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Yes, of course. And we do pray for others as well. But that only soothes us, it is a psychological and spiritual effect only for us. The person we pray for still have to walk in their own shoes, experience their life their own way, find their salvation their own way. We can show them love and compassion and offer help and support, but no, we all walk our own individual paths, work out our own karma.
i agree that it benefits ourself when we pray for others.
but i also recognize the immense power of the human consciousness to effect change and benefit others as well. and that power increases exponentially when a group of people pray together.

Old 12-22-2020, 02:10 PM

2,962 posts, read 864,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I believe a spiritual realm is possible, not connected with an imaginary god-thing.
Do you consider a deistic god, which you think is a possibility, as “an imaginary god-thing”?

You are open to some supernatural beliefs but not others. Where do you draw the line?

Old 12-22-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Do you consider a deistic god, which you think is a possibility, as “an imaginary god-thing”?

You are open to some supernatural beliefs but not others. Where do you draw the line?
I've said before, quite a few times, that I do not believe in the deistic god of the bible. What is not clear about that.

I draw the line wherever I want to because I am not asking anyone else to believe what I believe or what I believe is possible.

Old 12-22-2020, 02:45 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i agree that it benefits ourself when we pray for others.
but i also recognize the immense power of the human consciousness to effect change and benefit others as well. and that power increases exponentially when a group of people pray together.
It is particularly powerful when ALL the participants are truly sincerely believing prayer warriors and not just going along for social reasons.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:32 PM

2,962 posts, read 864,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I've said before, quite a few times, that I do not believe in the deistic god of the bible. What is not clear about that.

I draw the line wherever I want to because I am not asking anyone else to believe what I believe or what I believe is possible.
I was referring to the deistic god that YOU believe is possible, not the God of the Bible.

Do you consider THAT god (the one that YOU believe is possible) is “an imaginary god-thing”?

Old 12-22-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I was referring to the deistic god that YOU believe is possible, not the God of the Bible.

Do you consider THAT god (the one that YOU believe is possible) is “an imaginary god-thing”?
I didn't say I believed in any god. I said a god is possible...most probably deistic IF at all.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:00 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is particularly powerful when ALL the participants are truly sincerely believing prayer warriors and not just going along for social reasons.
just another example of made up, fake science, woo science that isn't wanted around ... you know, it gets in the way of the "I don't have to see any evidence if i don't want too ... so there."

Macro version.

youtube: Navigating with Quantum Entanglement

Old 12-22-2020, 06:04 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
just another example of made up, fake science, woo science that is wanted around ... you know, it gets in the way of the "I don't have to see any evidence if i don't want too ... so there."

Macro version.

youtube: Navigating with Quantum Entanglement
You're way more spiritual than the believers giving you guff on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality