Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2021, 07:16 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Like i said, no evidence. Was this peer reviwed by unbiased members of the medical profession? This is just a con job. Can't you see that. You make me laugh. I wasn't insincere in my request, but you were in your reply.

PS

Nobody is foolish enough to continue believing in Zeus. If they did, I would mock them too. I include all flavors of "god" in my "mockery", so don't get your panties in a twist.
Maybe not. Notice that the eye defects were not actually healed? There was a reported or measured 'improvement' in vision as compared to before. Placebo effect.

Another possible explanation could be biased recordings of before and after. If I am wanting a positive outcome I would naturally be inclined to bias the recordings. Not to lie, just putting the number closer to the low side followed by closer to the high side because that is what I'm expecting or wanting. I lean toward placebo effect. A controlled test would rule out all possibilities of error.

There is a giveaway too - the recipients had to first cleanse themselves of sin. That is a red flag!

Then again, a hoax is also possible.

It would be nice to have access to these peoples bank account statements, as well as the 'healed' peoples statements. You know, just to check on cash flows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 07:27 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Maybe not. Notice that the eye defects were not actually healed? There was a reported or measured 'improvement' in vision as compared to before. Placebo effect.

Another possible explanation could be biased recordings of before and after. If I am wanting a positive outcome I would naturally be inclined to bias the recordings. Not to lie, just putting the number closer to the low side followed by closer to the high side because that is what I'm expecting or wanting. I lean toward placebo effect. A controlled test would rule out all possibilities of error.

There is a giveaway too - the recipients had to first cleanse themselves of sin. That is a red flag!

It would be nice to have access to these peoples bank account statements, as well as the 'healed' peoples statements. You know, just to check on cash flows.
Con job, IMHO. Believers are famous for it.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:34 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Con job, IMHO. Believers are famous for it.
A con perpetrated by the 'healers'? The subjects not part of the con or would they be in on it too?

Old 02-12-2021, 07:38 PM

2,140 posts, read 1,208,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How would we know?
No record? Then you know that much. Any more questions?

Old 02-12-2021, 07:39 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:

You don't even have to go that far ...

the other thing is that "miracle cures" don't happen at any different rates then in hospitals. Medical "miracles" happen every day.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:55 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
No record? Then you know that much. Any more questions?
Without knowing definitively what God's goal is, how can you determine He failed????

Old 02-12-2021, 09:00 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
The reason nobody debates Zeus -believers is that there aren't enough to be a problem, God -believers are, and you are part of it.

I second this.

Old 02-12-2021, 10:23 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,025 times
Quote:
A con perpetrated by the 'healers'? The subjects not part of the con or would they be in on it too?
By conducting miracle healing, they solicit more donations from gullible audiences.

Old 02-13-2021, 12:01 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't hate Zeus or believe he exists. I almost don't feel any need to spend every day debating against Zeus followers, trashing their faith and trying to convince them that they are wrong.
Believers in Zeus are not trying to drag civilization back to the Middle Ages.

Quote:
The fact that atheists are just relentless in their attacks on Christianity and ONLY CHRISTIANITY means there is a hatred against God going on in their void.
The fact you need to repeat this lie means you have no evidence or do not understand the evidence. Or are you claiming Christians were responsible for 9/11?

Quote:
Alright, I'll play even though it's a waste of time. Here is some pieces of evidence. Documented cases of people having their sight restored immediately after prayer. Evidence that most certainly would hold up in a court of law. Go show that to any eye doctor and they will tell you that the human eye doesn't suddenly and immediately improve several degrees of refractive correctiveness immediately. It's not possible. But with God, it is.

CASES - Eye

Now if you return with some mocking statement like "that's the best you got??" then you would have showed everyone you were insincere in your request.
You have some dubious claims from a Christian conference when it is known many Christian 'miracle workers' lie. Meanwhile we have much evidence prayer does not work to do healing by miracles.

Old 02-13-2021, 12:03 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Diesel, do you have a worldview or don’t you?
You claimed to you have evidence. What is it?
Do you have a rational response to point 6? It is no good asking questions when you refuse to answer them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality