Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 12:02 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,163,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
No, you believe you have a soul. There is nothing I am aware of that confirms the concept of a soul exists, is ther?
Think of the soul in this way as a comparison to an egg:

1. Yoke = Soul
2. Egg White = Spirit
3. Shell = Physical body

The Truth About the Soul

Quote:
By what process could your awakening be replicated by everyone else? Using your process, and getting the same results everytime?
All anyone needs to do is receive God's Divine Love in their soul. This is the best replication because not only is the soul awakened, but it's getting the highest soul substance in the universe.

The Divine Love of God

Quote:
You make the assertion that there is a "spirit world". How would you demonstrate it so everyone can get the same result?
"When I desire to go into a city, and indulge my desires, I find a city with streets and avenues and houses and other things that belong to a city, just as do you mortals of earth when you visit your cities; and so, when I desire to go into the country and enjoy the fields and hills and streams and gardens. They are all here, real and existing, and not the subjects of mere thoughts or state of my soul; and when I am absent from city or country, that city or country continues to exist in all its beauty and magnificence just as truly as when I am present.

Humans must know that the soul in its heavenly life requires these material things, and has them, just as a soul when enveloped in a body of flesh, requires the material things of earth. While the condition of the soul determined its place of living, yet that place is also existing and real and awaits the coming of that soul in a condition of harmony.

In these heavens there is nothing nebulous or impalpable or only a reflection or image of the soul's condition, but everything is real and substantial and lasting as the eternal hills; and when the soul finds a habitation it is not the effect of its own condition, but a place already prepared for the habitation of that soul and in accord with its true condition. Otherwise heaven would be a place of confusion and of appearances and disappearances, with no stability or abiding qualities..."

Heaven is a place as well as a condition of the soul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 12:32 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
20All go to one place; all come from dust, and all return to dust. 21Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and the spirit of the animal descends into the earth?

https://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-21.htm

Old 03-23-2021, 01:12 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Think of the soul in this way as a comparison to an egg:

1. Yoke = Soul
2. Egg White = Spirit
3. Shell = Physical body

[url="https://www.truthforallpeople.com/message-categories/the-soul-about-the-soul"]The Truth About the Soul[/URL
You didn't answer my direct question.

Quote:
All anyone needs to do is receive God's Divine Love in their soul. This is the best replication because not only is the soul awakened, but it's getting the highest soul substance in the universe.

The Divine Love of God
Again, more assertions.

Quote:
"When I desire to go into a city, and indulge my desires, I find a city with streets and avenues and houses and other things that belong to a city, just as do you mortals of earth when you visit your cities; and so, when I desire to go into the country and enjoy the fields and hills and streams and gardens. They are all here, real and existing, and not the subjects of mere thoughts or state of my soul; and when I am absent from city or country, that city or country continues to exist in all its beauty and magnificence just as truly as when I am present.

Humans must know that the soul in its heavenly life requires these material things, and has them, just as a soul when enveloped in a body of flesh, requires the material things of earth. While the condition of the soul determined its place of living, yet that place is also existing and real and awaits the coming of that soul in a condition of harmony.

In these heavens there is nothing nebulous or impalpable or only a reflection or image of the soul's condition, but everything is real and substantial and lasting as the eternal hills; and when the soul finds a habitation it is not the effect of its own condition, but a place already prepared for the habitation of that soul and in accord with its true condition. Otherwise heaven would be a place of confusion and of appearances and disappearances, with no stability or abiding qualities..."

Heaven is a place as well as a condition of the soul
So, no indication of the existence of a soul. You really need to understand the questions.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:16 PM

1,161 posts, read 467,023 times
I believe that all life - plant, animal and human - shares the same life force. No one who has owned cats, dogs or other beloved pets could ever believe they are soulless automatons. I accept the Christian teaching that humans are fundamentally different from other animals, but only in the sense of being uniquely created in God's image and being uniquely precious to God - not in the sense of having a fundamentally different life force, soul or spirit. When Jesus says that not a sparrow falls without God knowing about it, I take him at his word. I pretty much despise what "exercising dominion" has come to mean in regard to animals within the evangelical community and Christianity in general. As the years have gone by, I've practically evolved into a Jain who will scoop up a cockroach or black widow spider and put her outside rather than kill her. I even give pep talks to my plants.

As I recently explained on another thread, I've had several startling after-death experiences involving cats and dogs, one of which was included in Kim Sheridan's successful book Animals and the Afterlife. They have been remarkably similar to my experiences with deceased relatives and friends, which underscores to me that there is no fundamental difference.

I had one weird experience several years ago: I'd been puttering in the garage and started to leave. As I reached the door, I had the very strong sense, almost an inner voice, of "LOOK IN THAT BOX." I somehow knew the voice was referring to a particular box in a row of boxes under a shelf behind me. I told myself "I don't need to look in that box. I know what's in it - an air compressor in the box it was in when I bought it." So I started to leave again. This time it was more insistent: "LOOK IN THAT BOX!!!" OK, OK. Silly as it seemed, I pulled out the box and opened it. There was the compressor - and a huge pinkish lizard, the biggest I've ever seen on my property, surrounded by several days' worth of feces. He was completely lifeless and I assumed he must be dead (which eliminates any possibility I had subconsciously heard him scratching on the box). But I poured him onto the lawn in the shade of a bush, sprinkled him with water, and put a bowl of water beside him. When I checked back 30 minutes later, he was gone. I've always wondered whether the voice was a telepathic communication from the lizard himself (in English?) or the Guardian Angel of Lizards. Anyway, his life was important to the Universe for some reason.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:03 AM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
... No one who has owned cats, dogs or other beloved pets could ever believe they are soulless automatons.
Exactly right!

Old 03-24-2021, 10:14 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
I believe that all life - plant, animal and human - shares the same life force. No one who has owned cats, dogs or other beloved pets could ever believe they are soulless automatons. I accept the Christian teaching that humans are fundamentally different from other animals, but only in the sense of being uniquely created in God's image and being uniquely precious to God - not in the sense of having a fundamentally different life force, soul or spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality