Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 09:53 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307
No. For that matter, neither do humans - at least not an autonomous soul that we can each claim as his own.
We are all - men and animals - part of an omnipotent intelligence from which we can never fully separate ourselves.
We do not have a soul as much as we are part of one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
omni potent or omni present?
Omnipotent (it is one word, not two): having unlimited power; able to do anything.
Omnipresent (also one word): widely or constantly encountered; common or widespread.

I believe the intelligence to which we all are eternally connected is omnipotent. An example of something that is omnipresent is heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2021, 10:16 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Omnipotent (it is one word, not two): having unlimited power; able to do anything.
Omnipresent (also one word): widely or constantly encountered; common or widespread.

I believe the intelligence to which we all are eternally connected is omnipotent. An example of something that is omnipresent is heat.
Observation seems to point to you having it exactly backwards.

Old 03-21-2021, 10:18 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And you totally missed my point. It was not about animals that can use sign languages. It was about making proclamations thst cannot be supported properly . Socal used sexual duplex and human language as examples od how to separate humans from other animals. I used real life examples just to demonstrate that all the differences believers attempt to use to separate us from the other animals falls flat upon examination.

Don't blame me if you read everything I write as being very literal. You have already labelled me as being too literal hence anything I write you need to take as extremely literal. You are stuck in your collection if boxes trying to pound all of us into your pigeon holes.

Perhaps I need to write in an explanation on my posts for you, or maybe you should place me on ignore so that you don't continously misunderstanding my thoughts.
GULP ...

It seesm I was wrong. As about as wrong as I could be.

You were copmpleltly right and I was dead wrong.

Old 03-21-2021, 10:42 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I do not know the answer. I am interested in what other people think or what various religions believe. I know some Christian churches are adamant that the answer is "No"

It is hard to accept No as an answer, especially if you have had a number of dogs.

Cats on the other hand - I like cats, but I can see where people might conclude they have no soul.

Parrots?

What about an animal with no personality like a Gecko?

Insects?

Grass?
Uh, oh, I don't think they're gonna let YOU save 15% with that kind of attitude...

Old 03-21-2021, 10:43 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
GULP ...

It seesm I was wrong. As about as wrong as I could be.

You were copmpleltly right and I was dead wrong.
So we are good again ?

Old 03-21-2021, 03:05 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You make the assertion that a soul exists.

Now, how would you reveal to us that it actually does?
How about because I am a human being? Therefore, I have a soul. As do you and every other person on this planet.

"... this creation of the soul took place long before the appearance of man on earth as a mortal. The soul, prior to such appearance, had its existence in the spirit world as a substantial conscious entity, although without visible form, and... individuality. Yet each had a distinct personality that was different and distinct from every other soul.

A soul's existence and presence could be sensed by every other soul that came in contact with it. Yet, to the spirit vision of the other soul, it was not visible. And such is the fact now. The spirit world is filled with these unincarnated souls awaiting the time of their incarnation. We spirits know of and sense their presence, and yet with our spirit eyes we cannot see them. Not until they become dwellers in the human form, and in the spirit body that inhabits that form, can we see the individual soul."

The Soul: What It Is and What It is Not

Old 03-21-2021, 03:17 PM

Quote:
whats the difference between soul and spirit?

what are you checking with?
The soul is a part of God and this is where our personality comes from.

There are two types of spirits.

The spirit body is created at the time as the soul's incarnation into the mother's womb and is the protective covering for the soul. Our spirit body is the exact same size as we are. After we "die," our spirit body with the soul therein rises up out of our body and moves to the spirit world.

God's spirit is the life force, which each human being as well as animals, plants, etc. have as a part of their creation.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:26 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
How about because I am a human being? Therefore, I have a soul. As do you and every other person on this planet.

"... this creation of the soul took place long before the appearance of man on earth as a mortal. The soul, prior to such appearance, had its existence in the spirit world as a substantial conscious entity, although without visible form, and... individuality. Yet each had a distinct personality that was different and distinct from every other soul.

A soul's existence and presence could be sensed by every other soul that came in contact with it. Yet, to the spirit vision of the other soul, it was not visible. And such is the fact now. The spirit world is filled with these unincarnated souls awaiting the time of their incarnation. We spirits know of and sense their presence, and yet with our spirit eyes we cannot see them. Not until they become dwellers in the human form, and in the spirit body that inhabits that form, can we see the individual soul."

The Soul: What It Is and What It is Not
Your article presumes the existence of a god and of a Jesus. Outside of the bible, which is not the proof, but the claim, how do you back up your claim of the existence of a soul???

Old 03-21-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Your article presumes the existence of a god and of a Jesus. Outside of the bible, which is not the proof, but the claim, how do you back up your claim of the existence of a soul???
I'm sitting in my den typing this post... therefore, I exist and I have a soul.

In order to know if a soul really exists, there needs to be a soul awakening, which happened to me many decades ago. Until this occurs, our soul is said to be in slumber.

On earth, our soul is hidden from view - in other words people don't know our thoughts, etc. until we speak. In the spirit world, our appearance reflects the state of our soul and there is no race in the spirit world.

Old 03-21-2021, 09:38 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I'm sitting in my den typing this post... therefore, I exist and I have a soul.
No, you believe you have a soul. There is nothing I am aware of that confirms the concept of a soul exists, is ther?

Quote:
In order to know if a soul really exists, there needs to be a soul awakening, which happened to me many decades ago. Until this occurs, our soul is said to be in slumber.
By what process could your awakening be replicated by everyone else? Using your process, and getting the same results everytime?
Quote:
On earth, our soul is hidden from view - in other words people don't know our thoughts, etc. until we speak. In the spirit world, our appearance reflects the state of our soul and there is no race in the spirit world.
You make the assertion that there is a "spirit world". How would you demonstrate it so everyone can get the same result?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality