Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2021, 11:33 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
We work at it very hard. It doesn't come easy.
You don't say...

Seems to come very naturally and easily to both of you. Doesn't seem to take much mental effort anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 11:40 AM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You are all tweaked out because people hold Religious & Spiritual Beliefs, and discuss those beliefs on a internet forum titled "Religion and Spirituality"?
Y'all are just gonna have to learn to suck it up, or live in constant angst in this 80 to 90 percent Theist/Spiritual world.
No.

Quote:
I have a great idea! Submit to God's will!! That'll pep you up!
You want me to keep slaves, kill gays, and support having sex with 3 year old girls (under the right conditions, naturally, nothing creepy)? What sort of a head trip are YOU on?

Old 07-08-2021, 11:54 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No.

You want me to keep slaves, kill gays, and support having sex with 3 year old girls (under the right conditions, naturally, nothing creepy)? What sort of a head trip are YOU on?
Are you switch hitting for Salty?

Seems the examples from past history are a bit extreme, though such examples as part of religions all over the world are too many to count (or ignore). More current day examples would be better if the idea is to demonstrate how religion is still something very often all too difficult to embrace for more than a few reasons. Sometimes all the good does not always outweigh all the not-so-good, but that's the sort of accounting that also will vary quite significantly depending on one's ability to consider these matters objectively.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Are you switch hitting for Salty?
I only hit switches for myself, although I am confused about why you are so aggressive when you switch a light on.

Quote:
Seems the examples from past history are a bit extreme, though such examples as part of religions all over the world are too many to count (or ignore). More current day examples would be better if the idea is to demonstrate how religion is still something very often all too difficult to embrace for more than a few reasons. Sometimes all the good does not always outweigh all the not-so-good, but that's the sort of accounting that also will vary quite significantly depending on one's ability to consider these matters objectively.
I have used the example of my brother being at a Christmas Markt two days before a religious terrorist murdered 12 people there, but apparently atheists posting unfortunate truths on the internet are more worse than that.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:15 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No.

No...I want you to not be so ignorant as to assess human conduct and interaction in 2021 (Why is it considered "2021"?) with the typical standards of human conduct and interaction written about in two thousand year old metaphorical and allegorical writings.
Then...you wouldn't pose such a hateful and miserable question...meant to bash Abrahamic Religious Beliefs and those who embrace them.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:20 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
No...I want you to not be so ignorant as to assess human conduct and interaction in 2021 (Why is it considered "2021"?) with the typical standards of human conduct and interaction written about in two thousand year old metaphorical and allegorical writings.
Then...you wouldn't pose such a hateful and miserable question...meant to bash Abrahamic Religious Beliefs and those who embrace them.
yes, they list only the things that they want. If you notice, we don't see one hard core anti-all-gods-of-any-type that do not have a direct scar on them.

They are submitting to their dogma of "deny everything", "lack belief", and "we don't have to say anything." Well, quite frankly, if some people had to think about it, like learnme alluded to, some of them couldn't do it without serous bias and error.

Quite frankly its submitting just like any fundy theist.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:28 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,690 times
Quote:
You don't say...

Seems to come very naturally and easily to both of you. Doesn't seem to take much mental effort anyway.
That's because we have worked at it very hard to the point where it is transparent.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:58 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yes, they list only the things that they want. If you notice, we don't see one hard core anti-all-gods-of-any-type that do not have a direct scar on them.

They are submitting to their dogma of "deny everything", "lack belief", and "we don't have to say anything." Well, quite frankly, if some people had to think about it, like learnme alluded to, some of them couldn't do it without serous bias and error.

Quite frankly its submitting just like any fundy theist.
Nothing like being patronized!!!

Old 07-09-2021, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Laws. Not metaphorical and allegorical writings, laws written to serve a god. And apparently people submitted to what they thought was this gods will, which is why the question was raised.

Quote:
Pointing out sex with children is wrong? Pointing to ugly truths is wrong? Some things need to be bashed.

And your need to misrepresent is hateful, miserable and bashing. A good dose of priorities will cure your self hatred.

Old 07-09-2021, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Nothing like being patronized!!!
Kapitan Straw man likes to attack me by using irrelevant mantras. It is amusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality