Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2021, 09:52 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Lacks real punch. Yer slippin.
And here you were doin so good.
I now find you even with Maher...not above.
"Silly drivel"? Weak, real weak.. Try harder.
Don't try to modify anything: Just always be your usual nasty, miserable, mocking self, spread out over the phony failure to understand the logical arguments you insult and bash and have no good answer to.
That works great every time for me.
You're not doing much better...

If it weren't for what you call "silly drivel" and all the comments that give you heartburn as expressed over and over again, your post count would be close to zero. It is amazing to me to read how much you complain about the same thing but just keep coming back for more.

Something like the bear who complains about getting stung by bees but rather than go for the berries instead of the honey, it's back to the bee hive every time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Mister 1886:

I don't "fight religion". I fight religious overreach. I know the truth doesn't matter to you, but I will repeat it once again: There is a place for religion in life. In churches, synagogues, temples; in the home; in the mind, and yes, even in some public settings. Once religious people attempt to influence the lives of others who are no interested, then religion has gone into overreach.

I'm not anti-god. If there is a god, then there is a god. So be it. But I don't see that there's a god.

It is not correct to say I am a "believer" in past lives. I believe I experienced a past life on one occasion. So I think past lives are possibly part of the answer of what is "out there". But I don't claim them to be a fact. But so what? You cannot show me a single post where I have tried to get another person to believe in past lives. So there has been no overreach on my part. And let's expand on that. There is a difference between explaining what one believes and proselytizing. People come here to discuss religion and spirituality, both pro and con. That's fine. It's a choice to come here, and one quickly learns what the environment is. So there is rarely overreach here until, from my perspective, posters start telling other posters they're going to hell, or something of that sort.

You act as if "past lives" is some wacko idea. Well, if I have a choice between being in the company of Ben Franklin, Carl Jung, Mahatma Gandhi, Henry Ford, Ralph Waldo Emerson, David Lloyd George, General George Patton, and William Wordsworth (to name just a few), OR you...I'll stick with them. As I have pointed out in a couple of posts in other threads in the past few days, famous people believing something doesn't make that something right or true, but it does show that very accomplished people have similar beliefs or thoughts. But perhaps you ought to swallow a dose of your own medicine -- you criticizing me for my belief/thought is exactly what you're supposed to be criticizing me for...except, as we really know, your post today (as with many) is only a form of stalking cause something I said to you years ago made you get butt hurt, and now you can't let it go.

There's one part of your post above that is correct: It is your bad.
Always seems for AA it's about "something more." Not so much about getting something right...

Old 06-08-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
You have my full support in this post (except for that last sentence, where tone would suggest otherwise).
I am reminded once again of this quote. Words to live by. Try anyway, but in this forum... fohgetabout it!

I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration; I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming. -- unknown

Old 06-08-2021, 10:07 AM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Always seems for AA it's about "something more." Not so much about getting something right...
Yes, and he reposts it so often that it has become proselytizing.

Old 06-08-2021, 10:19 AM

2,400 posts, read 783,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
And that differs from "It is no God exists uber alles" How, exactly???

Because one is TRUE and the other is FALSE.

There is no evidence whatsoever to support the existence of a god, which you agree with, in a sort of backdoor way by claiming, falsely, that there CANNOT be any evidence of a god, so that is why there IS NOT any evidence of a god..

Last edited by Salty Water; 06-08-2021 at 11:21 AM..

Old 06-08-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Yes, and he reposts it so often that it has become proselytizing.
Despite all the barbs, he seems to feel most comfortable perched squarely atop the figurative fence.

Old 06-08-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:

If it weren't for what you call "silly drivel" and all the comments that give you heartburn as expressed over and over again, your post count would be close to zero. It is amazing to me to read how much you complain about the same thing but just keep coming back for more.

Something like the bear who complains about getting stung by bees but rather than go for the berries instead of the honey, it's back to the bee hive every time!
Yes, he or she has been pwned!

Old 06-08-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Because one is TRUE and the other is FALSE.

There is no evidence whatsoever to support the existence of a god, which you agree with, in a sort of backdoor way by claiming, falsely, that there can NOT be any evidence of a god.
Good catch! All this time I've been arguing there is no evidence or proof a god exists, and I didn't realize all this time Mystic was agreeing with me! Not only does no evidence or proof exist, no such evidence or proof CAN exist! Apparently the difference of opinion has more to do with what we choose to believe regardless...

Old 06-08-2021, 10:48 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:

I have no "heartburn".
How many times do I have to explain that it's my favorite thing about the board & I find it very entertaining? The way I find horror movies and "insult comedy" entertaining.
I have also explained that I understand the nature of these people is to do even more of what you tell them is uncool to be doing...so....
I know you understand this...but pretend you don't. But that's cool...because it is kinda just more of the same thing I find so entertaining.
Oh, and...the World is so overwhelmingly Religious that it is sure to steer life experience for you. And you will do nothing, because you can do nothing.
You can keep whining about the lack of "proof", "evidence", etc., and keep bashing & calling it "lunacy".
But just know this...You may as well spit into a strong wind.

Old 06-08-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I have no "heartburn".
How many times do I have to explain that it's my favorite thing about the board & I find it very entertaining? The way I find horror movies and "insult comedy" entertaining.
I have also explained that I understand the nature of these people is to do even more of what you tell them is uncool to be doing...so....
I know you understand this...but pretend you don't. But that's cool...because it is kinda just more of the same thing I find so entertaining.
Oh, and...the World is so overwhelmingly Religious that it is sure to steer life experience for you. And you will do nothing, because you can do nothing.
You can keep whining about the lack of "proof", "evidence", etc., and keep bashing & calling it "lunacy".
But just know this...You may as well spit into a strong wind.
I'd say more but your post simply does not merit more - as usual!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality