Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 09:04 PM

50,833 posts, read 24,347,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
I have shared a lot of the story in my postings, and from the beginning. In fact most all of my posts are connected and tell the story.

Everything is spirit in nature, when a person drinks alcohol they are partaking of spirit, when you eat food you are partaking of spirit. When a person speaks, spirit goes forth. So when you hear someone lying, you know a corrupt spirit is going out into the atmosphere. And when you hear spoken truth, you know it is a righteous spirit going forth.

I could write volumes on all the spirit around in everything. And it isn't some blind awareness.

I'm offering you the kindness you asked for. It isn't about being deserving, but about knowing life.

You can curse me if you want, but just remember that is also spirit going forth from an origin, just as blessing going forth also has a spirit origin.
And if people don't want what you're offering?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2021, 11:58 PM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
I will address your point, but I believe you want to discuss the existence of intelligence beyond our realm based on the Judeo-Christian view.
I do not believe the Bible is the word of God, nor do I believe that Jesus is the son of god. However, I believe that there is design in the universe that required intelligence. I believe that inductive reasoning can provide the "possibility" that there was a designer.
Does this intelligence require a brain?
If yes, what is it made of, and what created that material?
If no, how does a brainless intelligence even work?
This alleged intelligence would know things. How did it learn, and where does it store this knowledge?
How do yo uknow the answers to these questions?

Quote:
Apostle Paul wrote in 1 Peter 3:15 ...
That would be Peter who said something in 1 Peter, not Paul.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:05 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Here is the point, YOU don't expect any evidence. Have you closely read writers that show what they believe is enough to believe there is a designer. Or are you simply repeating what others say, or trying to control people to express what they see enough evidence for them to conclude that there is a deity?
Have YOU read actual creationist science papers, or are YOU just repeating what creationists say? It is not good to imply others are not open minded if you do not honestly look at both sides of the problem; nor is it good implying others are just sheep if you have not done any work yourself, just read books or watched Youtube videos.

You keep making claims, is it not time you showed your work?

Old 06-23-2021, 02:37 AM

1,754 posts, read 756,366 times
I feel God during my expectant waiting. I feel the love of Jesus in my heart. I see God in the light off the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Moderator, please note smarmy attitude in this post. He just EDUCATED me!! I must insist he be banned for his insolence. He is as bad or worse than Mystic.

He has a record of thumbing his nose at attempts by moderators to keep his posting between the rails, and this is just another attempt.

Condescending BS. If you wonder why these discussions devolve into name-calling, well, you see if real time in his post.
To be fair, your headline says that ANTIFA, BLM, and the DNC are cancerous. You engage in that same behavior that you are upset about to some extent I think.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:25 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
What's nonsense is starting a thread under the guise of looking for information / proof, while acting as though you have it all figured out, and wouldn't consider anything or explore anything presented anyway.

It's a bit like a ship stuck in the harbor, refusing to go to sea, but demanding people to describe or explain the sea to you. And because no details or explanation will suffice, you blame others instead of yourself.
We have atheist that believe in many things outside of just no deity. We believe in things like living system around us, Buddhist stuff, inter connected universe, living universe, and all points in between. We cant talk about those. Some even push for us not talking about those.

many atheist here have bought into "Ok, but just don't slow us down. We need team unity to fight religion and are fighting for you too. Don't question other atheist"

And that is a fine position, unit we start talking about beliefs that have some logic. Atheist that pull out of the conversation because its all about team unity and fight religion are as bad as theist that get out of their religions way for the same reasons.

look at the rules and regulation people make. that is the give away to what is actually happening more often than not.

"I am not talking about that" strawman". or
"I am only talking about a deity". or
"That doesn't get us anywhere." or
"I am here to fight religions over reach".

I mean, yeah, I am the worst atheist ever because I do not buy into teaching to atheism with those as the base concerns. I will go one step further, people with those as their primary reason to evaluate what people say are dangerous. They are dangerous because "the best truths we have" is not the base.

"religion is dangerous" is not the best evidence for how the universe works.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:33 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
How so. How does the orderly arrangement of elements based on electrons in their outer shell amount to evidence of the existence of a creator? It seems too kludgy to me to be the work of infinite intellect.

I have always opined that the Universe is way too complicated to be the work of an infinitely-intelligent creator - especially life.
creator? Are you back to telling me this only about your fetish with a religious deity again?

yes, its too kludgy for you. The problem salty, and why smart militants target people like you, is that you have no idea you have no idea.

we evaluate what people believe based on how consistent with observation the belief is. That is the arbitrator. It doesn't give us one answer, not even close, but it does show us what positions are clearly less reliable.

The less reliable ones when joining a conversation to tell others they are wrong using mechanism and repeatable predictions.

deity (your creator type making us like we make a cake)
deny everything to fight religion
lack belief
"neutral belief" based on what a person doesn't know.

now salty, can you offer where these have a mechanism, make repeatable predictions, and are consistent with observation?

In the end, a person with a bull horn yelling in everybody faces, like yourself, needs to bring some "beef" past "I don't believe you". I mean even a little bit.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:09 AM

50,833 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
I feel God during my expectant waiting. I feel the love of Jesus in my heart. I see God in the light off the world.

To be fair, your headline says that ANTIFA, BLM, and the DNC are cancerous. You engage in that same behavior that you are upset about to some extent I think.
That has bothered me as well.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:39 AM

9,136 posts, read 6,196,866 times
Quote:
I have gone down this path before but have yet to get a meaningful much less believable, response. So, in the hopes that somebody can come up with something I proceed.

The premise of the existence of a god is a hugely-outlandish story complete with such things as heaven, hell, angels, devils, eternal life and a whole bunch more elements that are not in the least visible to the naked eye. Great floods, Garden of Eden on and on.

Much of this story is based on religious dogma contained in the bible, notably the "story" of the beginnings of the Universe including the speck of dust we live on, orbiting a small spark we call the sun.

Over the centuries much has been discovered about the true nature of our planet, solar system, galaxy and universe and virtually-all of it contradicts dogma. At the very least nothing of significance has been found to support the dogma.

So I ask if anyone has any evidence (demonstrable and on-point) that the story of god etc., is true. Any evidence at all. IF you do, please provide it in following posts if you would be so kind.
Because it's all true. That you choose not to believe is your choice. There is no need to prove the origin of life as described in the Bible.

Requiring evidentiary support for beliefs is somewhat of an oxymoron.

And there you have it. An oxymoron.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:49 AM

17,806 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
That has bothered me as well.
Don't let it. Just be grateful that he has one thing right.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:50 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Because it's all true. That you choose not to believe is your choice. There is no need to prove the origin of life as described in the Bible.

Requiring evidentiary support for beliefs is somewhat of an oxymoron.

And there you have it. An oxymoron.
You got the moron part down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality