Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2021, 03:36 PM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
There can be no evidence for that in the science section, because that evidence does not exist. There is evidence for evolution, and there is obviously evidence for natural selection. But NO evidence that natural selection can sufficiently explain the evolution of increasingly complex organs and organisms. NONE.
On what basis do you claim that natural selection can't sufficiently explain evolution (of any kind of organism)?

Old 08-02-2021, 03:39 PM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
We all know all about natural selection. And we know that it can't explain the evolution of increasingly complex living machinery.
I don't know that natural selection can't explain the evolution of increasingly complex organisms. Why do you think it can't?

Last edited by mensaguy; 08-02-2021 at 05:10 PM..

Old 08-02-2021, 05:08 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I'm asking for the info YOU claimed that YOU had about creation (the thread topic)...so, if my request is "off topic", your claim necessarily was.
AGAIN...present that "very, very simple explanation" on the origins of the creation causal chain that you claimed to possess.
Unless, you really can't...then, of course, you won't.
I don't think its about anything else but telling people the are wrong.

And they actually cling to that dogma as tightly as any bible thumper does the bible.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:18 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
not interested
Yes, as I have stated, we know that looking at creation stories and trying to see what ones seem to match observations are not your primary concern. It begs the question as to why you are here at all.

You do know you do not have to have the last word every single time.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:58 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,423,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you tossed out two before I responded. So lets keep that mind.

Besides, its not an insult. Its a disgrace that you are leaning on they need to feel special as a reason that people believe they are connected to a vastly larger more complex system.

The observation that we are ... is far simpler than making up an emotional reason.
Well yeah. But they need to feel superior to believers.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:59 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,423,206 times
Quote:
I have no interest in participating in your ad nauseum rant on a larger more complex system. That is your obsession. It doesn't interest me.
Hmm yeah, those darn larger more complex systems. They are so irritating.

Old 08-02-2021, 06:32 PM

22,189 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Oh really. I have two degrees in Geology with an emphasis on invertebrate paleontology, taught earth science for 13 years, which included "earth history", which included mandatory lessons in evolution in my states. Discussed the topics with my professors in college.
post above, is an example of post below
Quote:
Because it makes them feel special, even though they're not.

Old 08-02-2021, 06:36 PM

22,189 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Because it makes them feel special, even though they're not.
post above is an example of post below
Quote:
Just another of your insults.

Old 08-02-2021, 06:41 PM

15,970 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
If

But why is a 'personal' connection with some Divinity so 'important' to some folks?
Consciousness does not “care” whatever the definition of care is, it makes no sense to say it cares. Thatbis attributing human emotions to an existence we cannot begin to understand, only be in it.
What is “important”?
Divinity is personifying the Consciousness that exists as a god and seeking comfort. The comfort actually comes from within, from the wisdom of the Conciousness that we really are. Until we realize our true essence for what it is, divinity becomes important.

Old 08-02-2021, 07:05 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Consciousness does not “care” whatever the definition of care is, it makes no sense to say it cares. Thatbis attributing human emotions to an existence we cannot begin to understand, only be in it.
What is “important”?
Divinity is personifying the Consciousness that exists as a god and seeking comfort. The comfort actually comes from within, from the wisdom of the Conciousness that we really are. Until we realize our true essence for what it is, divinity becomes important.
Clearly, you have NOT experienced the Oneness, CB, or you would not continue to believe it does not care! It is pure unconditional care! The words you have read and the esoteric speculations and reasonings they present are just wrong about it. I do not for one minute believe any of those who wrote about it in that way ever actually experienced it, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality