Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 08:28 AM

6 posts, read 3,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
Well, personally at one time I tried not eating meat for several weeks, intending that this should be my path forward, and my own spiritual guides told me that I needed to eat at least a small amount of meat in order for my body to be strong enough to do my spiritual work. It's not the same for everyone, but it doesn't mean that people who eat meat are less spiritual than those who don't.

I will say that in my dealings as a medium with those who have passed, they all have their regrets, but never once have I heard any of them say anything about what they ate or didn't eat while they were in physical form. Or tell their loved ones not to eat a particular food.

I also think right now we have enough division between individuals that we don't have to go looking for another reason to judge others.

We do actually judge the animals. The people you speak to would probably be angry if someone made them go through the same suffering and then just kill them.

I remember parts from a quote. Something that wars starts with such things as killing animals foor food.

If we cross that line killing other humans may become easier.

Yes of course our health is most important. I can not say what is best for anyone.
I just know it is probably important because this message comes from the highest powers so to speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 08:47 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart17 View Post
Hello!

Spirit also says i should tell others.

Probably so that i pay back for past wrong doing. For all animals who gave their lives.

Perhaps you can see the signs that we are in a very unique time period. Darkness showing it´s face.

Some people will go to heaven/higher dimension but not everyone i suppose. So i think it is important that we do what we can to teach compassion for all beings.

What are your opinions?

Love
If The Holy Spirit is telling you that perhaps you should check the connection, maybe verify the identity. I'm guessing you are getting phished.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:54 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,335,748 times
I'm not aware of any religion that REQUIRES the eating of meat.

If you feel called not to eat meat, I don't think that is in conflict with any religious teachings.

Any interest can be an obsession and take away from interest that should be aimed at other things, whether it be the promotion and practice of veganism or an interest in antique Hummel figurines.

Deciding not to participate in any use of animals poses some difficult choices. For example, you can't keep cats and dogs as pets, because they're carnivores. Trying to feed them without meat will lead them into malnutrition.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:54 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,944 times
It is crafty to frame all responses to your post as opinion, so I will respond outside that box.

The food in this world is temporal in nature, so the spirit and nutritional life that it shares with it's consumer is also temporal in nature. Even plant life is harvested.

The fruit from the tree of life is eternal in nature and is founded and rooted in the Life God shared from His first spoken word. And the only thing to be said in the honor of partaking of that food is the giving of Thanks.

Those who seek to consecrate over it, claiming to make it holy are missing the mark. They are claiming themselves as the life when they do so and are claiming their words as seed over it. If you catch the drift. And that is the same thing the serpent did in his beguiling.

Better to partake of a meal giving Thanks than to try an make yourself or the food deserving in some way. To give Thanks for what God has given, is to honor the life.

Last edited by chief scum; 08-12-2021 at 09:11 AM..

Old 08-12-2021, 09:14 AM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
If The Holy Spirit is telling you that perhaps you should check the connection, maybe verify the identity. I'm guessing you are getting phished.
I think perhaps you should ask the poster if he is talking about your holy spirit.

And not eating meat is a part of a number of cultures, to one degree or another.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:21 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Compare your teeth to those of meat eaters and plant eaters. You will see we are omniviors. If you believe in being created by your God why would he create your teeth as he did?

If you still eat meat switch to grass feed and feee range meat and eggs. The native birds and others may survive as species if you did.

Old 08-12-2021, 12:34 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart17 View Post
Hello!
Spirit also says I should tell others.
Probably so that I pay back for past wrongdoing. For all animals who gave their lives.
Perhaps you can see the signs that we are in a very unique time period. Darkness showing it´s face.
Some people will go to heaven/higher dimension but not everyone I suppose. So I think it is important that we do what we can to teach compassion for all beings.
What are your opinions?
Love
Before I respond, Heart, Will you tell me HOW this spirit communicated with you?

Old 08-12-2021, 12:39 PM

1,757 posts, read 756,900 times
I am also a vegetarian based on compassion for living beings, but I don't think it is connected to what you experience in the afterlife.

Lots of great humans eat meat.

Old 08-12-2021, 12:44 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
I am also a vegetarian based on compassion for living beings, but I don't think it is connected to what you experience in the afterlife.

Lots of great humans eat meat.
Good for you.

Monks in Thailand all seem to eat meat when it is given to them. The Supreme Sangha could tell the public not to, and the public would desist, but they don't.

Old 08-12-2021, 02:57 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Well, y"all tell them spirits I said hey, they are such jokers, those guys kill me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality