Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 10:13 AM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

Not to be insulting to you, but if I were to believe in a god, it would be a god that I would give more credit to than you do.
A creator of an entire infinite universe would not have any 'need' to be 'worshipped'.
It would not get upset, it would not be jealous, it would not have it's nose put out of joint because humans did not worship it.

That's just my opinion.
I agree with you. The god that the other poster believes in seems to be a very needy god. I wouldn't think that of a true god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 10:39 AM

15,976 posts, read 7,039,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I agree with you. The god that the other poster believes in seems to be a very needy god. I wouldn't think that of a true god.

So let's hear from an atheist what a TRUE god, or the RIGHT God, should be like.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post

So let's hear from an atheist what a TRUE god, or the RIGHT God, should be like.
Well, if he's omniscient and omnipotent, I would think he'd be rather noble. I wouldn't expect her to be petty and jealous. I would expect perfection in a god.

And just for the record, I wasn't always an atheist.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:53 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,351,362 times
Quote:

This is as good as any.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkRTRP6XIIE

To profane? Then perhaps this.

Last edited by Tired of the Nonsense; 09-10-2021 at 11:01 AM..

Old 09-10-2021, 11:35 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times
Quote:

Okay cool.

*rubs hands / flexes fingers*

It wouldn't be a 'He' for a start.
In nature it's mostly women who are the actual creators. They have better taste and better creativity and a better sense of aesthetics.
They also make far better politicians and leaders. They are better at sorting out disputes.
But the best god would have either no gender or all genders combined. Omni gender. Best of all worlds.

It would communicate with people.
I mean it would actually communicate. Not imaginary communicate. With actual words in multiple languages.
In doing so it would be able to let it be known that stupid wars that go on for centuries could not be carried out in its name. Or at all.

There would be no concept of heaven or hell.
This gods humans would be content with being lucky enough to have been born in the first place and would cherish every single second they had on earth. They'd be glad to just be alive.
There would be no time wasted having to go 'worship' on Sundays or whatever. God wouldn't be doing with all that nonsense. What a colossal waste of time. Especially since humans would know their time was precious and limited. Humans would go and do productive things instead, like looking after the planet afforded to them, finding ways to harness energy cleanly using things that did not destroy gods planet, like harnessing wind and water energy. They would all have a sense of purpose to do the most possible good with their lives.
They would all be vegetarians and animals and humans would live in harmony with the planet.
They would appreciate the beauty and magnitude of the universe. Everyone would die of old age.

God would still keep a few things back scientifically to give people something to strive for to understand the universe better.

I've decided earlier in this thread that god should be the shape of a teapot. No reason.
Teapots are gender neutral and make great tea. LOL.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Okay cool.

*rubs hands / flexes fingers*

It wouldn't be a 'He' for a start.
In nature it's mostly women who are the actual creators. They have better taste and better creativity and a better sense of aesthetics.
They also make far better politicians and leaders. They are better at sorting out disputes.
But the best god would have either no gender or all genders combined. Omni gender. Best of all worlds.

It would communicate with people.
I mean it would actually communicate. Not imaginary communicate. With actual words in multiple languages.
In doing so it would be able to let it be known that stupid wars that go on for centuries could not be carried out in its name. Or at all.

There would be no concept of heaven or hell.
This gods humans would be content with being lucky enough to have been born in the first place and would cherish every single second they had on earth. They'd be glad to just be alive.
There would be no time wasted having to go 'worship' on Sundays or whatever. God wouldn't be doing with all that nonsense. What a colossal waste of time. Especially since humans would know their time was precious and limited. Humans would go and do productive things instead, like looking after the planet afforded to them, finding ways to harness energy cleanly using things that did not destroy gods planet, like harnessing wind and water energy. They would all have a sense of purpose to do the most possible good with their lives.
They would all be vegetarians and animals and humans would live in harmony with the planet.
They would appreciate the beauty and magnitude of the universe. Everyone would die of old age.

God would still keep a few things back scientifically to give people something to strive for to understand the universe better.

I've decided earlier in this thread that god should be the shape of a teapot. No reason.
Teapots are gender neutral and make great tea. LOL.
I like it.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:49 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I like it.
Also with my version of god, there would be no need for atheism. Since god could actually communicate, everyone would know it exists. I would be a theist and so would everyone else.

So all the theists on here should embrace my version. Think of the life they'd have not having to fend off atheists.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Also with my version of god, there would be no need for atheism. Since god could actually communicate, everyone would know it exists. I would be a theist and so would everyone else.

So all the theists on here should embrace my version. Think of the life they'd have not having to fend off atheists.
LOL.

But...then they wouldn't be special! And as much as they may deny that, that's important to them. Heck...being special in some way(s) is important to all of us.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:03 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:

they should but they don't.

Some atheist attack a simple notion that "there may not be a deity, but there definitely something something more" If we use just observation that is.

Why is that?

Old 09-10-2021, 07:05 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:

We don't know. Neither do you.

We are a middle rung in a hierarchy of structure. We don't know meaning, we don't know the grand "why's". We do know we are not the most complex set of interactions.

Period the end.

Past that ... its an personal agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality